What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

• 5 months later...

I love this song so much. I just love French in general. The first part is wonderful and full of class, and the French part is just so themed and romantic, yet cheesy, but that's what makes it so amazing. Then I love the clarinet solo thrown in there. It's like all the happiness you can throw into a song and it remains pure.

I used to despise this song with the sort of hatred I now reserve only for NSC.

Then one day it came on and I found myself enjoying it, and now I really like it. It's silly and overlong, and should never be played live outside of France, but it's so fun and bouncy, and the French bits are pretty.

• 4 years later...

I am currently addicted to this song. I don't care if you call it ambitious, or Matt's French part horrendous or wrongly-pronounced. Fact is, he's not French, but still makes the French part sound sexy. It is (currently) my favorite song from The Resistance, and I've chanced upon this guy's pretty awesome cover of the song; the part in the middle where Matt wails is done just right:

Sorry, not sure how to embed it.

For the heck of it, I've edited the French part out of the song, just to test out how it would sound without it. Honestly it sounds shorter and less complete, lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived