What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

I personally didn't laugh at all throughout this song (except for "You are my Muse" ;)). The French bit is actually pulled off really well. It's a bit humourous but wasn't laugh out loud funny like 'Eurasia'.

Okay, define pull off really well (please)....

Okay, define pull off really well (please)....

Achieve remarkably well (despite barriers).

I think the French bit is beautiful, it doesn't strike me as funny. There is a bit of hilarity in the fact that Matt is attempting opera at all though, even though the results are brilliant. And the introduction of the clarinet is funny, though pleasing.:)

I won't pretend that he's good at French... :LOL: I'm not saying that at all. :p

More that he managed to fit that excerpt into the song really seamlessly and it actually sounds good there.

Thanks for confirming that's not what you meant :LOL: You got me worried there for a sec!

I agree it fits really well - it's a great transition from the 1st part of the song to the clarinet solo.

Matt just doesn't know what to do with so many ideas he wants to put in his ambitious creations , which is understandable .

This is a multi genre song sung beautifully . It's disconcerting as it raises so many different emotions as we listen to it .

The french part is absolutely beautiful , full of passion and intensity but honestly he should try to translate it to the english language .

No it doesn't pop up sadly. But you can tell it was from when they were recording that song it came up.

Shame it's not there.

when I listened to the song I thought the boar chop video was related to the making of for it - the 2 fit together.

Can anyone translate the French section? I tried, and I got the basics, but it doesn't really make sense...It's not very long, so if any fluent French speakers could say, it'd be very helpful :LOL: Internet translators aren't as helpful :mad::LOL:

I already translated it in this thread on Friday :D

I just noticed that on the sleeve notes it says 'you are my Mu' rather than 'Muse'. Don't know if that's a typo or if Matt is actually comparing Gaia to a legendary lost continent. :LOL: or indeed the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet.

In the booklet it says 'you are my mu- (French/I belong to you alone) -se'. You can also hear him sing it: 'muuuu.. *French* ..uuuuse'. ;)

Archived