What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

Thank you so much! Merci beaucoup! Tres bien! (I've only been doing French for two years (this is my third), so I'm still a beginner really). Thanks again :D

Found the post here you do

Okay translation

Ah! Respond

Respond to my tenderness

Pour out to me, pour out to me the euphoria

Respond to my tenderness

Respond to my tenderness

Ah! Pour out to me the euphoria

Google took the first meaning of ivresse (which is "drunkness" :LOL: ) but in this context it means the intoxication or euphoria caused by the sight of another person :happy:

Ah thank you! I only got the drunken one from the translator before! :LOL:

Yes that's the main meaning so that's what online translator pick up :LOL: in that case it's not drunkenness from wine but being intoxicated with a person (even tho we all know Matt loves his red wine)

Just wish he could pronounce the French bits right :LOL:

Sorry but you can't feel music .

Who the hell are you to make a comment like that?:mad: I don't think it's a great Muse song and the worst track on the album thats my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

There aren't many Muse songs I don't like and believe me I feel most Muse music big time, especially MK Ultra which is awesome.

To be honest if you like this song so much maybe your'e the one that can't feel music.:rolleyes:

Who the hell are you to make a comment like that?:mad: I don't think it's a great Muse song and the worst track on the album thats my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

There aren't many Muse songs I don't like and believe me I feel most Muse music big time, especially MK Ultra which is awesome.

To be honest if you like this song so much maybe your'e the one that can't feel music.:rolleyes:

I think it's a grower. Give it time. Maybe if you hear it live too then you'll change your mind. It's really not that bad of a song... not the best, but it really isn't that terrible.

I think it's a grower. Give it time. Maybe if you hear it live too then you'll change your mind. It's really not that bad of a song... not the best, but it really isn't that terrible.

I've no doubt it will grow on me but I still think it will always be the worst song on the album as far as I am concerned.

I don't think its a terrible song (the French bit doesn't help it) but compared to most other Muse songs it just doesn't do it for me.

think you guys have to realise that people have different opinions about this song, not everyone has to love every muse song (and if they don't, they're horrible horrible people). just because someone expresses the opinion that they don't like the song, or that they don't get it - doesn't give cause to tell them to get the fuck out or shut the fuck up. in real life, you're going to meet a lot of people who don't agree with you, get used to it.

I actually sat down just now to pay attention to the lyrics and I have to say that they really are cringeworthy. Especially the pronunciation of the French lines are :facepalm:

How I heard them first was more like

Ah, wee pond

Wee pond I might undress you

Who cares? He speaks better French than I do.

I don't cringe when I listen to non-native English speakers singing in English. As long as I think the song is good, I could care less if their English is less than perfect.

Who cares? He speaks better French than I do.

I don't cringe when I listen to non-native English speakers singing in English. As long as I think the song is good, I could care less if their English is less than perfect.

That's one way to look at it. I just think that if you're going to use a gimmick in one of your songs you better do your research before you actually do it because it WILL come back to bite its own tail if it's not done properly. I also fail to see what it actually ADDS to the song.

As someone mentioned earlier, the French adds to the atmosphere of a jazzy French cafe set in the 40's. It feels like a magical, melodramatic love story in a similar vain to Hoodoo. Along with the clarinet solo, it's the icing on the cake for me.

I think in order to appreciate this song you just have to let go and embrace the campiness of it all, including the cheeky lyrics.

i love the first section of the song...love love until the use of the word "muse"

this fucking bugged me like nothing else...well ok...like julia roberts impersonating herself in that oceans 12 (?) movie. SO CHEAP...why do it?

then the french bit kicked in and the :wtf: look came on my face. the clarinet bit was cool..

that said..there have been many muse songs that i didn't like after one listen and that i grew to appreciate over time.

but that's my initial impression of it. :awesome: leading to :indiff:

Archived