What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)  

823 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think? (of the 30 sec preview)

• Sounds awesome.
    • Sounds good.
    • Sounds ok.
    • Doesn't sound good.
    • Sounds terrible.

Suprsingly I really like it, it's sexy without trying to be modern, in a musey way.

I wish I had come up with this description...

It's like you took a truth nail and hit it right on the head with a truth hammer....right into a truth plank.

Going by the clip alone, not just only the worst Muse song, but Worst. Song. Ever.

lol fair enough:D

(have you heard the latest black eyed peas single:p ?...you might consider bumping I belong to you up to 2nd. worst. song. ever.)

:D

why are ppeople makaing a post for every new 20 secdond songs??? i ca't ersist so illm post anyway bt what evs you know!!

lol...well....we could just sit around and not talk about stuff.

but um...

yeah?

Did Matt rhyme "Leo" [zodiac sign] with "Clio"?

'Cause if so, that's really f'n deep of him, as goofy-sounding as that couplet is. It's appropriate that he would identify with Clio (in spite of her femininity and domesticity, ha-ha!), given her interests in "history" (a somewhat shaky concept in the age of the myth-credulous Herodotus, if later firmed up a bit by Thucydides, who was a more rational, empirical kind of guy). History is fertile ground for a rock album, concept-oriented or not. But this one is, sort of -- half erotic bird calls to Gaia, half calls-to-arms (or something) for us plebes.

The latter part of the sample hints (to me, anyway) at another classical reference: that of Odysseus' travails to reunite with Penelope ("...I travel half the world to say...") In fact, I'm starting a thread on just why Muse should consider making their next album a Homeric-inspired concept album based on the Trojan War and Odysseus' journey, probably under "Miscellaneous Muse Topics," or whatever it's called.

I also like the song's energy (and tempo, at 105 b.p.m.) and the contrasts between the trebly and bass sounds, and the clarity of the keyboard (piano, or synth on a "piano" mode?) part with the fuzziness of the bass part, whatever that is.

Did Matt rhyme "Leo" [zodiac sign] with "Clio"?

'Cause if so, that's really f'n deep of him, as goofy-sounding as that couplet is. It's appropriate that he would identify with Clio (in spite of her femininity and domesticity, ha-ha!), given her interests in "history" (a somewhat shaky concept in the age of the myth-credulous Herodotus, if later firmed up a bit by Thucydides, who was a more rational, empirical kind of guy). History is fertile ground for a rock album, concept-oriented or not. But this one is, sort of -- half erotic bird calls to Gaia, half calls-to-arms (or something) for us plebes.

The latter part of the sample hints (to me, anyway) at another classical reference: that of Odysseus' travails to reunite with Penelope ("...I travel half the world to say...") In fact, I'm starting a thread on just why Muse should consider making their next album a Homeric-inspired concept album based on the Trojan War and Odysseus' journey, probably under "Miscellaneous Muse Topics," or whatever it's called.

I also like the song's energy (and tempo, at 105 b.p.m.) and the contrasts between the trebly and bass sounds, and the clarity of the keyboard (piano, or synth on a "piano" mode?) part with the fuzziness of the bass part, whatever that is.

Very interesting! But he rhymes it with Rio (unless i'm very much mistaken). As in the city split apart along gigantic rich/poor lines. Not Clio. So it kind of falls apart there.

Archived