Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

This should be pinned and said right before anyone posts a message in this forum.

Far too many people are too stupid to realize this :)

Good post. No, great post.

Whenever I say it I get

''WTF STFU YOU CANT JUDGE ON 30 SEKKUND CLIPS??''

When I actually can.

No matter, it doesn't matter WHAT Muse do anymore, there are plenty of people around to listen to it OVER AND OVER until they make themselves believe they like it.

Afterall, this is a forum dedicated to the band which most of the biggest muse fans come to on a regular or occasional basis. You're going to get some people who say they 'TOTALLY LOVE' the new album from hearing the 30 second clips. I've only heard them twice and can't really say what I like or don't like so far as It's only a fraction of a song!

Although, I am REALLY looking forward to the new album as my personal opinion is - Muse are amazing! I've never dissliked any Muse songs! There are some songs i'll listen to more than others but I could never say I hate a song. So, I'm putting all my faith in these 3 guys to produce yet another album and as Matt himself said, he's got a really good feeling about this album that he has never had with any of the previous, kinda says something...

As a precursor I'd like to say that this is the first time I've ever visited a forum dedicated to a musical group.

After a quick read through of threads on this forum concerning my favorite band...I have a legitimate concern.

Talking about the new album as much as you all do on this website is only setting yourself up for disappointment. I can guarantee that the first time you heard Muse (or any other great band you may like), you had not had them hyped up to the expectations that you're placing on The Resistance. After reading through "reviews" of 30 second clips (logic?), I just am extremely confused at how you will enjoy the album once it comes out. You'll find that if you just happen to stumble upon something with no expectations for how it may turn out, you will like it much, much more. So while I respect what this forum does (after all, it is dedicated to the greatest band of the 21st century), I honestly think that it is ruining the release of The Resistance for some of you who focus too much on what other people think on this forum and don't pay attention or truly LISTEN to what is in front of you.

-Cooper

Cooper....or copper have a shit.

Really, do you care what people that you don't know make of 30 second clip? Well if you do, you've gone wrong. Because you really shouldnt care. And or spend that much time writing a gramatically correct statement about your issue..

Anyways....You'll find that some will like the album, and some won't....and thats it

no offense, but W TTT FFF are you on about mate. Read the first couple of lines and couldn't get my head around it.. if you DON'T want to read excitement on a new album, get off this forum. don't tell us we wont be excited, i became a "hardcore" muse fan in the middle of oos being release, was no excitement then, since then Ive been excited and totally well happy with every single release from them, single, album, dvd etc. :S...

AND tbh from the 30 second clips on itunes, the album has 2 maybe 3 good songs in my opinion. but i know they'll all be amazing when you hear it in context, so your idea is not sound, at the moment i think the album could be terrible, but im confident it will be great when i get my hands on it

Cooper....or copper have a shit.

Really, do you care what people that you don't know make of 30 second clip? Well if you do, you've gone wrong. Because you really shouldnt care. And or spend that much time writing a gramatically correct statement about your issue..

Anyways....You'll find that some will like the album, and some won't....and thats it

Atleast I write something that makes sense and has a point. I realize that there's nothing I can do about this but I was just putting my two cents in about what can happen when people OVER-speculate and OVER-analyze music. That's not what music is about in my mind.

And yes, my name is Cooper. Get it right.

Atleast I write something that makes sense and has a point. I realize that there's nothing I can do about this but I was just putting my two cents in about what can happen when people OVER-speculate and OVER-analyze music. That's not what music is about in my mind.

And yes, my name is Cooper. Get it right.

^Don't sweat it Cooper. I totally get what you're saying. That's the reason I don't read spoilers about TV shows or back covers of books and I rarely listen to song clips. I love to be surprised.

People on here get a little overly emotional. There are tons of fans that don't have time for message boards. In fact, I would bet most fans don't even come on this board.

Though I get your point, I listen totally with my own ears, and in my opinion if you have hopes for something, if it's good it tends to get even better. On the other hand it could have the opposite effect if something's bad... But I bet Muse delivers, as usual.

People on here get a little overly emotional. There are tons of fans that don't have time for message boards. In fact, I would bet most fans don't even come on this board.

More than likely. Cooper has a very good point, but I find watching fans freak out a little entertaining- especially in the speculation threads when they've been sitting around for hours waiting for news.

I've merged the "This forum" thread with the elephant in the room thread as it seems the most appropriate place for it to be rather than your opinion having one thread for itself. I know you're not saying it's not good but more the forums attitude, but this seems the best place for you to do that.

No matter, it doesn't matter WHAT Muse do anymore, there are plenty of people around to listen to it OVER AND OVER until they make themselves believe they like it.

Oh, of course! I couldn't possibly like The Resistance for real, only if I delude myself. Yeah. All the columnists posting those glowing reviews? You know, the people who don't have a chip on their shoulder about the band, or a sense of obligation as a fan? Totally delusional. They don't really think it's awesome; they secretly want to jump off a cliff when they listen to the album.

Congratulations, you've just earned yourself a seat next to the guy who titled this thread.

Oh, of course! I couldn't possibly like The Resistance for real, only if I delude myself. Yeah. All the columnists posting those glowing reviews? You know, the people who don't have a chip on their shoulder about the band, or a sense of obligation as a fan? Totally delusional. They don't really think it's awesome; they secretly want to jump off a cliff when they listen to the album.

Congratulations, you've just earned yourself a seat next to the guy who titled this thread.

errrrrrrrrrrrrr. no.

Considering it may be the only band they listen to 90% of the time accepting that muse made a crap album in the future (hypothetically) they'd want to believe muse are serious about everything which is almost slapstick (crazy I know!!!)....now say Muse released a song like that (still hypothetical here), out of the blue, let's say in some ''treasure hunt'' i'll just be random here, because that won't ever happen....the listener would think muse, or would make themselves BELIEVE the song is really serious, like if it hints lyrically at some future or planned event by some powerful country, another conspiracy theory....they'd listen to that slapstick song and go over the lyrics like it's some ancient greek text while Muse later on say they were just taking the piss from some book they read....

So even after Muse had said they were taking the piss the listeners would maybe NOT accept it was a piss take, but forget about it (blank it out, not discuss it), back of the mind, then get REALLY excited about a NEW political song coming out several weeks later...now let's get REALLY wild and random and say the song is about Teddy bears and fat cats, people couldn't seriously think that is serious now can they??? And thus, this new political song has replaced the near heartbreak about the previous song being a piss take. They'd probably not talk about the song for fear of heartbreak, never a thread about it in a month....not even a post about it, just more hopes on new material released on some online store, I dunno, something crazy like 30 second clips to drewl over.

Weird theory of mine......I'm not saying Resistance sucks, this is all just hypothetical of course....nothing based on facts or real events.

errrrrrrrrrrrrr. no.

Considering it may be the only band they listen to 90% of the time accepting that muse made a crap album in the future (hypothetically) they'd want to believe muse are serious about everything which is almost slapstick (crazy I know!!!)....now say Muse released a song like that (still hypothetical here), out of the blue, let's say in some ''treasure hunt'' i'll just be random here, because that won't ever happen....the listener would think muse, or would make themselves BELIEVE the song is really serious, like if it hints lyrically at some future or planned event by some powerful country, another conspiracy theory....they'd listen to that slapstick song and go over the lyrics like it's some ancient greek text while Muse later on say they were just taking the piss from some book they read....

So even after Muse had said they were taking the piss the listeners would maybe NOT accept it was a piss take, but forget about it (blank it out, not discuss it), back of the mind, then get REALLY excited about a NEW political song coming out several weeks later...now let's get REALLY wild and random and say the song is about Teddy bears and fat cats, people couldn't seriously think that is serious now can they??? And thus, this new political song has replaced the near heartbreak about the previous song being a piss take. They'd probably not talk about the song for fear of heartbreak, never a thread about it in a month....not even a post about it, just more hopes on new material released on some online store, I dunno, something crazy like 30 second clips to drewl over.

Weird theory of mine......I'm not saying Resistance sucks, this is all just hypothetical of course....nothing based on facts or real events.

:stunned:

people..... have a lie down its all getting a bit much.

Just respect that we each have our own opinions and by posting your opinions you will get other people posting opposing views.. accept that it is each to their own and dont make things personal....

though why come on a MUSE forum if you dont really like Muse and just want to slag them and their fans (obsessive or not) off... asking for trouble...

I think you're missing something there Novus Dies - layers! It's about having conflicting ideas (such as this is funny/this is a serious political comment) in your brain at the same time and I am sure is a fully intended effect.

I listen to both songs regularly actually and have talked about them too. I prefer listening to them though. If you talk too much and listen less it kind of dampers down what it's all about, which is listening to the music.

errrrrrrrrrrrrr. no.

Um... okay?

What I gather from this truly inscrutable train of thought is that you think Muse having some fun with their music and not writing deathly serious lyrics is... a bad thing? (When they've been doing this their entire career?)

I fail to see how this has anything to do with my point that the album is being exceptionally well-received by the media outlets so far, regardless of whatever fan histronics are going on right now. And to insinuate that any Muse fan who says they love the album is secretly heartbroken about it is not just arrogant, but sounds like you (and the maker of this thread) are trying to convince yourself of something. When the reality is: some people will love it to death and some people will hate it to death, and this polarization has been going on since the dawn of Muse-time.

State your opinion and own it, but don't try to psychoanalyze and speak for the fans that disagree with you. It's not up to you to decide whether a person's reasons for liking/hating the album are legitimate or not.

i'm just amazed people can write such big comments... haven't even tried to read 'em.

I'm amazed that people find big comments intimidating. :stunned: Are we really that corrupted by the Twitter age that everything has to be condensed into a couple lines in order for it to be deemed "readable"? Sheesh.

Um... okay?

What I gather from this truly inscrutable train of thought is that you think Muse having some fun with their music and not writing deathly serious lyrics is... a bad thing? (When they've been doing this their entire career?)

I fail to see how this has anything to do with my point that the album is being exceptionally well-received by the media outlets so far, regardless of whatever fan histronics are going on right now. And to insinuate that any Muse fan who says they love the album is secretly heartbroken about it is not just arrogant, but sounds like you (and the maker of this thread) are trying to convince yourself of something. When the reality is: some people will love it to death and some people will hate it to death, and this polarization has been going on since the dawn of Muse-time.

State your opinion and own it, but don't try to psychoanalyze and speak for the fans that disagree with you. It's not up to you to decide whether a person's reasons for liking/hating the album are legitimate or not.

This comment completely and utterly ends this pointless argument. Well said.

I'm amazed that people find big comments intimidating. :stunned: Are we really that corrupted by the Twitter age that everything has to be condensed into a couple lines in order for it to be deemed "readable"? Sheesh.

This is one of the greatest things I've read all week. SOOOOOOOOOOO tweeting it. :rolleyes::LOL:

Archived