Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

They say they love Muse but if I try to play anything by them, I get "Shut that off it's annoying!"

You silly moo! It's nothing to do with the band. It's because you've become 'that girl' who puts on their favourite album tracks when everyone else just wants to chill with Shakira.

I know its probably not album tracks, but i guess ure in the US where Muse aren't that big, so its essentially the same deal.

All my friends love the Libertines, but if I ever put anything other than Don't Look Back on they'd look at me funny and tell me to turn it off. There's a time and a place for all music.

You silly moo! It's nothing to do with the band. It's because you've become 'that girl' who puts on their favourite album tracks when everyone else just wants to chill with Shakira.

I know its probably not album tracks, but i guess ure in the US where Muse aren't that big, so its essentially the same deal.

All my friends love the Libertines, but if I ever put anything other than Don't Look Back on they'd look at me funny and tell me to turn it off. There's a time and a place for all music.

:LOL: shakira pahaha. You have a point, but there's never a time and a place for Muse with my friends :indiff:

what's a moo? :erm::chuckle:

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! :yesey: I fucking hate Kings of Leon. Like with a passion. That's because (besides the fact that I "strongly dislike" their music) it's the band that stupid kids at my school say they like so they can have some kind of authority when it comes to rock. And they hate Muse. :mad:

/endrant :fear:

And this is a shame. KoL had brilliant records before their most recent one. They had a great old, classic rock and blues sound until they decided they wanted to pop-ify it to sell more records. The new record is awful, spare a few songs.

And this is a shame. KoL had brilliant records before their most recent one. They had a great old, classic rock and blues sound until they decided they wanted to pop-ify it to sell more records. The new record is awful, spare a few songs.

I probably shouldn't say they're completely horrible, because I'm not sure I've heard their material prior to the most recent album (which I hate). It's just that I don't think their new album is worthy of all the hype here in America, especially when amazing bands like Muse are barely recognized. Oh wait, nevermind. They're the band that was in Twilight, I forgot. I love them! :awesome:

If the Killers fall into the Pop bracket, then Uprising and Undisclosed Desires surely do right?

That and Kanye West has just released his first 3 part symphony.

/joke

Maybe Those two songs, but that really is it, the rest of the album is not really standard pop at all imo.

Pop-rock, yes, but not just pop.

Now we have heard bits and pieces of the album (Live and officially streamed stuff), the original poster must feel very silly. This is such an amazing album, and I would even go so far as to say its maybe Muses most fully realised release yet.

I am so impatient for the 14th...I just hope that my pre-order on here arrives in time as waiting longer would possibly drive me crazy.

I probably shouldn't say they're completely horrible, because I'm not sure I've heard their material prior to the most recent album (which I hate). It's just that I don't think their new album is worthy of all the hype here in America, especially when amazing bands like Muse are barely recognized.

Actual KoL fans hate their newest album. Aha Shake Heartbreak = great.

I'm aware I risk being shunned by all on this board, but I'll say this anyway:rolleyes: ...

4-5 years ago, I wasn't a big Muse fan. People on the Killers forums just wouldn't shut up about how great Muse was, so I took a deeper listen. Shun me if you will, but for me there's no turning back!

Also, I totally understand if some people only like Hot Fuss. I'm not as into them as I used to be.

I'm aware I risk being shunned by all on this board, but I'll say this anyway:rolleyes: ...

4-5 years ago, I wasn't a big Muse fan. People on the Killers forums just wouldn't shut up about how great Muse was, so I took a deeper listen. Shun me if you will, but for me there's no turning back!

Also, I totally understand if some people only like Hot Fuss. I'm not as into them as I used to be.

Why would you be shunned?

You say you chose Muse over The Killers, that's a VERY good thing :yesey:

The OP can take his elephant and fuck off quite frankly :phu:

:LOL:

Just go to show you that previews can be very deceptive... I wasn't sure about Resistance from the 30s clip but I reserved judgement. Now that I've heard it in Tinmuff on Friday and Saturday I can honestly say that I love that song.

Everything I have heard full length for so makes me believe that this album is gonna be epic for me and the snippets we got last night from Exogenesis... I'm still speechless about them.

Yes, because we all know Exogenesis is pop rock.

Damn, am I getting sick of all these bands releasing 3-part symphonic monsters these days!

Hence the intervention of 'maybe.' I was generalising, the symphony is symphonic-prog rock I guess.

Archived