Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

It didn't change my opinion much, Unatural Selection is changes through a few styles but there is a lot of Indie in there.....cringe to say it :LOL:....why didn't they play MK Ultra??? Or are there just no vids?

I'm not sure I'd want them to play every song off the album, will be a bit of a big spoiler IMO, and I wont be able to resist. :p

Uprising 9/10

Resistance 8/10

Undisclosed desires 7/10

United states of eurasia 8/10

Unatural selection 8.5/10

Just do pretty much the opposite of this, and you have my scores.

US = 10/10 for me, most excited I have been for a Muse track in ages.

Actually, we agree on UD, it doesn't seem the type of song suited to live performances.

Excited for Monday.

Just do pretty much the opposite of this, and you have my scores.

US = 10/10 for me, most excited I have been for a Muse track in ages.

Actually, we agree on UD, it doesn't seem the type of song suited to live performances.

Excited for Monday.

Not a massive fan of US verse, hard to understand, CD version will tell more

Well, Hyper Music is VERY close to Snakecharmer by RATM, some of their first songs sounds a lot like Radiohead, Spiral Static(especially live) sounds a lot like Jeff Buckley - Grace. MUSE ARE FAKE! OMG!

I'll just requote myself:

This hasn't happened to me with their songs before... ...from what i've heared so far its not so much inspired as influenced heavily by other works...

As I said there, its the first time its happened to me. I've never heared of Buckly OR spiral so no dice there (its a B side) and i only bought radioheads 'best of' last year when it came out. Not familiar with rage against the machine either.

For someone who has listened to Muse with no expiriance of their influences to be able to spot them oh-so-glairingly for the first two listens of a new album it comes as somthing of a culture shock. As i tried to infur previously, i'm not writeing it off. But i'm not expecting the influences in this one to be anything else but main stream and fairly obvious.

Well, I would say that RATM, Jeff and Radiohead are farily well known, and both Jeff and Radiohead are pretty mainstream(the old Radiohead). It's just that Muse has changed inspirations, they are still copying ;)

And talking about obvious, they practically STOLE the damn songs :p

(I am talking about the old Muse, and no worries, I love them anyway :) )

It didn't change my opinion much, Unatural Selection is changes through a few styles but there is a lot of Indie in there.....cringe to say it :LOL:....why didn't they play MK Ultra??? Or are there just no vids?

Indie - so we're calling this a genre now then?

I know that a lot of bands are labelled indie now for sounding similar but I don't understand how people can say "That Muse song sounds too indie". What would you consider the characteristics of an indie song then and where do these characteristics feature in Unnatural Selection?

I know that a lot of bands are labelled indie now for sounding similar but I don't understand how people can say "That Muse song sounds too indie". What would you consider the characteristics of an indie song then and where do these characteristics feature in Unnatural Selection?

Indie has no meaning whatsoever to me anymore, everyone uses it for whatever they want it seems.

He means tuneless shit almost rap lyrics which are typically found in this wonnabe rock genre, absolutely nothing like US.

Well it's the best term I have to describe the time that we are in... it could be renamed years down the line...the guitar parts are like a lot of other bands these days, thats just the way things went .....

It's taking me about 5 mins to download 10 seconds of youtube video so I can't give time reference atm.

It's the overall guitar sounds and vocal parts and the relation between then, Franz Ferd would be way more typical of this ''indie'' word. What's wrong with it being a genre of music, just because it wasn't intentionally for that, it sure turned out that way....emo wasn't exactly set up to have hair over your eyes and MCR t-shirts and dark lipstic.

I think it's undeniably more 'indie' sounding and less alternative/progressive.....way different to CE or most of Abso's guitar playing....he's even lost about half his distortion and using a more overdriven tone....:eek:

---------------------------

Think about this...when you listen to Beethoven would you consider that ''modern'' ???....it was to him, he was at the start of the romantic era and thought he was very modern, might as well have called it ''modern'' music to be renamed as people saw fit decades or centuries down the line.

I think people call bands ''indie'' just as there is no other word for it, 'modern' isn't cool/hip/indie enough for them, and labelling your bands music 'modern' just won't do.

He means tuneless shit almost rap lyrics which are typically found in this wonnabe rock genre, absolutely nothing like US.

I mean in a nutshell I can hear trends between the style of US (also glorious, crying shame etc.) and bands like FF, kaiser cheefz etc.

go on, flame me, but if it was recorded on the Abso album it would be WAY different in style and sound...even if the arrangement was the same.

The more we hear from the album (Live versions of Unnatural Selection, The Resistance, etc at Teignmouth) are proving that 1) The 30 second samples on iTunes are not even close to the full package and 2) this thread is rubbish.

I hope they play MK tonight and I belong to you.

The more we hear from the album (Live versions of Unnatural Selection, The Resistance, etc at Teignmouth) are proving that 1) The 30 second samples on iTunes are not even close to the full package and 2) this thread is rubbish.

:yesey:

The live versions of the new songs from the Teignmouth gig are brilliant. I've only listened to each song once, and I already find myself humming each of them. They're all so catchy :awesome:

Archived