The album is bollocks!

Casting aspersions, yada yada

Shut up! Matt is god!

Crying in cereal

One big family

Self combusting....

That would make a great B-side. :chuckle:

*stops bashing head against brick wall*

You can dislike the previews, not being sure about them... but you can't write off a whole album without having listened to the said album first.

I like most of the previews, there are a couple I am not sure about I'll admit to it but I won't judge until I have listened to the album. Furthermore I am very cautious of previews as they are normally very deceptive, for example the preview of Hoodoo on iTunes makes it sounds like it's an acoustic guitar ballad and New Born sounds like a little piano song. I just don't like assumptions (the preview is shit = the song is shit / Could be true or could just be that they have chosen the weakest part of the song but you won't know for sure until listening to the whole song and them make an informed opinion).

*goes back to bashing head against brick wall*

I really don't see the logic in moaning. I mean, if you don't like what you have heard, fair enough comment and say. But not repeatedly try and force us to see that you are right and the album must be shit. There's music out there to suit everybodys taste, if you don't like the direction Muse are taking just go and find more bands whose new music you prefer, and let us enjoy what Muse are doing.

(And anyone who uses the "you're only saying that because you'll love whatever Muse do" kinda comeback is a c***, because it's an empty insult.)

I really don't see the logic in moaning. I mean, if you don't like what you have heard, fair enough comment and say. But not repeatedly try and force us to see that you are right and the album must be shit. There's music out there to suit everybodys taste, if you don't like the direction Muse are taking just go and find more bands whose new music you prefer, and let us enjoy what Muse are doing.

(And anyone who uses the "you're only saying that because you'll love whatever Muse do" kinda comeback is a c***, because it's an empty insult.)

I'll admit I'll love anything Muse do. Don't see the big deal with that personally.

For example, I'd usually hate the type of music that Undisclosed Desires is, but Muse have made it awesome.

I haven't heard enough of the album to criticize it, but you've heard enough to defend it?
I'm quite confident that I've not actually said what I reckon to the album yet. But if I have given my opinion then I've got a feeling it was based on things that I've actually heard.

As you (sort of) asked though, I'm not entirely convinced myself! There are a couple of dodgy moments in the clips (I'm looking at you, title track!), but I'm not spouting off about how shit it's gonna be and how we all know it'll be crap - because for all I know the title track could wind up being the best song on the album and it could all click in context! And equally, I think Undisclosed Desires sounds ace but I could be completely disappointed. I'm not going to judge the album until I've heard it because I'm in no position to, and it means I don't get egg all over my face. And because I'm a bit cleverer than to assume my attempt at filling in the gaps will be anything like the finished product (or I like to think I am anyway!). Besides, they've not released a duff album yet, so I'm cautiously optimistic, I think is the phrase.

It's not about whether you like the album or no, feel free to say you're a bit skeptical. But there's a huge, MASSIVE difference between that, and writing off an entire album based on a set of massive assumptions which could be completely inaccurate.

Or, essentially, what L. said!

*stops bashing head against brick wall*

You can dislike the previews, not being sure about them... but you can't write off a whole album without having listened to the said album first.

I like most of the previews, there are a couple I am not sure about I'll admit to it but I won't judge until I have listened to the album. Furthermore I am very cautious of previews as they are normally very deceptive, for example the preview of Hoodoo on iTunes makes it sounds like it's an acoustic guitar ballad and New Born sounds like a little piano song. I just don't like assumptions (the preview is shit = the song is shit / Could be true or could just be that they have chosen the weakest part of the song but you won't know for sure until listening to the whole song and them make an informed opinion).

*goes back to bashing head against brick wall*

Leave some wall for me :facepalm:

Thread summary:

The album sucks!

The album is great!

Your opinion is wrong!

You haven't heard the album!

The album is shite!

The album is awesome!

My opinion is right!

The album is bollocks!

Shut up! Matt is god!

Crying in cereal

One big family

Self combusting....

That would make a great B-side. :chuckle:

:LOL:

fantastic :awesome:

hey matt we saved you some time, we want b sides naoww..

And you're overestimating how much we care about your opinion :yesey:

You cared enough to come rain on the hate parade and take over this thread

And I continue to listen to non-Resistance Muse because they're still my favorite band, duh. It's not like I can't listen to a band whose made stuff I don't like.

I am not considering the clips but purely on Uprising and USOE I am concerned.

I have listened to these A LOT and there a bits where I feel Muse in the music but its feint. In USOE theres a key change on the second verse 'on and on and on' which gets me, and in Uprising the intro of the guitar for the second verse gets me but to be brutally honest I am trying to like the tracks as opposed to actually liking them.

Uprising seems to be trying to be a few muse songs at the same time - intro Dr Who is a bit KoC, Clapping is a bit Stardust, Guitar is a bit SMBH but it all comes out sounding like 'Devil Gate Drive' by Suzi Quattro. which for our younger viewers translates as NOT GOOD.

USOE has a bit of BaH, and the oriental bit reminds me of City of Delusion, but at the end of the day it sounds like a drunken meeting between Queen and Led Zeppelin (heroes are turning to dust indeed)

Given that this leaves 6 'traditional tracks' on the album I am concerned. The fact that no producer was used, and only 11 songs recorded for the Resistance sessions sounds like self-indulgence.

I hope Teignmouth leaves our the Resistance becase we wont have heard it officially and I would rather hear Muscle Museum and Showbiz than either of these tracks

Originally Posted by musemom

Thread summary:

The album sucks!

The album is great!

Your opinion is wrong!

The album is shite!

The album is awesome!

My opinion is right!

The album is bollocks!

Shut up! Matt is god!

Crying in cereal

One big family

Self combusting....

:LOL:

fantastic :awesome:

hey matt we saved you some time, we want b sides naoww..

Love it! :LOL: The Dead Elephant.

Archived