Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

Unbelievable how you can keep on replying in this thread like you're the only one here.

Yeah. It's not like he'd have the guts to reply to something that challenges his shoddy logic. One-sided conversations are so much easier to keep up. :p

Oh look, someone who is judging the album before he listens to it, let's gang up on him!

Oh wait, he's one of the ones that agrees with us that the album is good, so he's fine!

Stop using an invalid point to refute the people who disagree with you, because it's going to be even MORE invalid in 3 weeks or so.

It's not invalid. The argument isn't used against people because they're skeptical. It's used against people who have already decided the album is shit. Wariness and optimism are understandable, as you can get a certain feeling from the clips, but saying "the album is ___" is ridiculous at this point.

People who make clarative judgements based on 30 second clips?

Yarp?

The worst thing is, the people who think the clips prove its great are gonna come back and say 'I told you so idiots!' if its good, and if its rubbish, the people who think the clips prove its crap will do the same.

When in fact both sets of people are clearly reactionary nitwits.

It's not invalid. The argument isn't used against people because they're skeptical. It's used against people who have already decided the album is shit. Wariness and optimism are understandable, as you can get a certain feeling from the clips, but saying "the album is ___" is ridiculous at this point.

This. This.... aaaaand. This.

Most people who enjoy the clips aren't saying, "I fucking LOVE this record." That would be just as stupid as people who are saying, "This record is shit." I, for one, very much enjoy the clips. I can't say the same about the whole album though (for obvious reasons).

Why should this thread be closed? We're still going to think it's crap when it comes out, except then we'll have even more stuff to talk about hating! :awesome:

Well I'm sorry but however much you moan, it a'int going to make any difference! The album's done!

And the majority of us are very excited about it.

Maybe Matt might come on and accidentally delete the thread!:p:LOL: I heard a rumour he's quite good at accidentally deleting whole forums, so you never know!:D

I know right??? Muse are so shit now!!! All their songs are 30 seconds!!! They suck!!!

:LOL: That made me laugh. Actually on second thoughts this thread isn't funny, it's hacking me off now! I'm going to try and stop feeding the bloody thing!

I love how most, if not all, of the people who don't like the 30 second clips won't like the album, but when that happens all the people who were arguing that the 30 second clips weren't enough indication will be too busy loving the album to realize that they were wrong :LOL:

If you've already made your mind up, why are you bothering?

Like I say, feel free to be skeptical, but you people are talking like it's been released and flopped. Either you're hideously inarticulate and that's what you actually mean, you're exaggerating madly, or you've decided already that you hate it without listening to the album.

I get the impression it's the latter, but none are really better than the others.

RIGHT I'm done. For good this time.

Me is somwhere in the middle!

I'm sceptic about this album. The previous didn't impress me that much as I expected they would. Don't find them bad, but don't think they're great either!

That's why I'm even more excited to hear it as soon as possible! Hope to hear some good stuff hidden from the previews! I ordered my box set 3 weeks ago. Can't wait anymore!

When I first heard muse (I bough the Absolution CD in prague) i was totally thrilled while listening to it, I never had heard music like that before, so it was truly amazing.

However, I somehow expected to get the same thrills from B&R, and now I sort expect them from Resistance. It are just unrealistic expectations because you can only make the jump into alternative rock once.

I've been converted.

I read a bunch of track by track analyses and listened to the enough times to say this:

This album is going to be one hell of a ride. Apparently each song doesn't keep the same characteristics throughout, they ebb and flow and progress (thank God). And even if they wouldn't, I listened to the clips over and over again. Once again, MUSE have proven themselves as a Grow-On-You kind of band. The only songs I'm not excited for are Uprising and Guiding Light.

Too all of you skeptics: Just keep listening to the clips. Eventually you'll go, "wait, this song is actually really cool."

Even Bliss, which is orgasmic sonically, had shitty lyrics and took time to take root in your skull.

This album isn't going to be good or bad; no album is objectively good or bad to begin with. I just know I'm not going to like it based on the 30 second clips. Maybe if we were talking about musically complex or involved music, like jazz or classical, you couldn't judge it by 30 second clips. This is Muse we're talking about, though; very few of their songs are either of those (Exogenesis and Citizen Erased come to mind).

And to whoever said we might be talking ourselves into disliking it... we are Muse fans. Why would we do that to ourselves? :\

This album isn't going to be good or bad; no album is objectively good or bad to begin with. I just know I'm not going to like it based on the 30 second clips. Maybe if we were talking about a musically complex or involved album, like Kid A, you couldn't judge it by 30 second clips, but this is Muse we're talking about; very few of their songs are either of those (Exogenesis and Citizen Erased come to mind).

The thing which makes Kid A great isn't its musical complexity, it's its subtlety.

Other than that I completely agree with you.

Archived