Do you not like The Resistance?  

488 members have voted

1. 1. Do you not like The Resistance?

I love how most, if not all, of the people who don't like the 30 second clips won't like the album, but when that happens all the people who were arguing that the 30 second clips weren't enough indication will be too busy loving the album to realize that they were wrong :LOL:

I don't get it. Where's the right and wrong? It's all about opinion.

I don't get it. Where's the right and wrong? It's all about opinion.

Right = You can judge The Resistance accurately by the 30 second clips

Wrong = You can't judge The Resistance accurately by the 30 second clips

I'm not saying people are wrong for liking the album, I'd never say that about any album.

I'm not saying people are wrong for liking the album, I'd never say that about any album.

I might still dislike the album... but I have a good feeling about it. Just like some people who are discouraged might turn out to like it after all. Basing your opinion of the album itself on some 30-second clips is still unreasonable.

im all for people saying that muse are advancing, and i love the clips.

but aren't the 30 second clips MADE for judging?

(for the people who say "dont judge by 30 second clips")

itunes put them up for you to judge whether you want to buy the album or not.

I say people need to accept where muse are right now.

I'm enjoying this muse more than absolution muse at the moment.

Where is the Stockholm Syndrome on this album? Or are you telling me you don't like that track?

You can't judge the resistance accurately by 30 second clips.

Sure you can make judgements, and they are informed judgements based not on just on 30 seconds but your awareness of how music works and how Muse songs sound. I, unlike many Muse fans concede this.

However even I wouldn't be so stupid as to say that anyone could make an accurate judgement from 30 seconds, as to be accurate you have to have all the facts/information. However as I've already said you can make an informed prediction.

Where is the Stockholm Syndrome on this album? Or are you telling me you don't like that track?

Why does Muse need to write another Stockholm Syndrome? They're clearly not interested in repeating themselves. Good for people like me, bad for people like you, I guess.

(FYI, Stockholm was the track that got me into Muse.)

I agree. As much as I love SS, I don't want to hear another track exactly like it. What would be the point of buying a new album if it just sounded exactly like the earlier ones? A lot of Garbage fans were up in arms over Bleed Like Me because it was stripped down rock without all the extra synths and stuff. They wanted another Version 2.0. As much as I love the old days, I like progression. I like change. It's good for you. :p

That! That right there! Why'd you provoke that guy? He wasn't dissing you at all. Not to mention that's a dumb-ass, rhetorical question in your post. You're starving for attention.

Aren’t your fans going to run away screaming?

Chris: They’ll be surprised, but won’t run away. Our fans are open for new things, because that’s something we’ve always done. Some songs might be difficult to play live, but we’re okay with that. It’s not an option to bring a thirty-piece orchestra with us on tour anyway. Or to work with local brass bands, that would be a nightmare.

:LOL: :LOL:

Why don't they come to this thread? They'll find fan/s deciding that the whole album is crap based on a couple of 30 second clips.

Resistance sounds amazing so far. The only "poppy" songs are Undisclosed Desires, I Belong to You and Uprising. Uprising is also arguable. Guiding Light seems to be like just straight up rock. MK Ultra and Unnatural Selection are BOTH VERY MUSE. Sounds a bit like Absolution with some BHaR. The Smphony is fuuucking amazing. And well honestly I think ESoE is shit. It was good until they started playing the Arabian-y piano part. Although I liked the SIA SIA SIA after I stopped laughing. And Collateral Damage sends chills up my spine everytime I hear it. Resistance is a bit jazzy....acually I dont know how to describe it...awesome is what it is. RESISTANCE is awesome. Only dissapointment for this Muse junkie is theres only 11 tracks. Right it seems like I reviewed the album....but whatever. 30 seconds is all I need to hear to know this will be just as good as any Muse album before. EXCEPT OoS.

30 seconds is all I need to hear to know this will be just as good as any Muse album before. EXCEPT OoS.

Oh look, someone who is judging the album before he listens to it, let's gang up on him!

Oh wait, he's one of the ones that agrees with us that the album is good, so he's fine!

Stop using an invalid point to refute the people who disagree with you, because it's going to be even MORE invalid in 3 weeks or so.

Oh look, someone who is judging the album before he listens to it, let's gang up on him!

Oh wait, he's one of the ones that agrees with us that the album is good, so he's fine!

Stop using an invalid point to refute the people who disagree with you, because it's going to be even MORE invalid in 3 weeks or so.

I'm just saying from what I heard I doubt they will suddenly plunge into shittiness when it sounds too good for that to happen. Maybe I'm just an optimist and for some weird reason I think anything Muse makes is good. Oh wait no I'm just a die hard Muse fan.

Archived