I hope it's been said.

Jimmy Kane.

Say what you want about NSC and Prague and Guiding Light and Map of Your Head, but no matter how bad they are, they don't even compare to Jimmy fucking Kane. I'm confused as to how the boys who play Knights of Cydonia could've conceivably written and recorded a song like Jimmy Kane without stopping to say "oh, wait, this song sucks."

but but Map of Your Head is <3333 :(

Wow, I love most of the songs mentioned on the last page.

Cave, Sober, Map of your Head, Pink Ego Box, Exo-Politics or Jimmy Kane, I'd rather listen to one of those than any song off The Resistance.

I love early Muse :happy:

They're all brilliant songs anyway? Not just in comparison to the bad ones, but in their own right. Especially Cave, Map Of Your Head and Jimmy Kane.

But I find The Resistance just as brilliant. (haters gonna hate)

They're all brilliant songs anyway? Not just in comparison to the bad ones, but in their own right. Especially Cave, Map Of Your Head and Jimmy Kane.

But I find The Resistance just as brilliant. (haters gonna hate)

Imo the Resistance is brilliant in a different way than those old ones :)

Wow, I love most of the songs mentioned on the last page.

Cave, Sober, Map of your Head, Pink Ego Box, Exo-Politics or Jimmy Kane, I'd rather listen to one of those than any song off The Resistance.

I love early Muse :happy:

Ditto, loved early Muse. :D

And besides Jimmy Kane, all those songs are some of my favourites, especially Exo-Politics and Sober. :(

Worst 15 for me are (with no.1 as the worst):

1 - Balloonatic

2 - Pink Ego Box

3 - Soaked

4 - Neutron Star Collision

5 - House Of The Rising Sun

6 - Invincible

7 - Guiding Light

8 - Coma

9 - Host

10 - Prague

11 - Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want

12 - Jimmy Kane

13 - Resistance

14 - Ashamed

15 - Starlight

Had to work at that to make sure it was honest rather than simply inflammatory! But at least the old B-sides have got age and youth to excuse them. In fact, despite recognising those old ones are fairly terrible, i'm more likely to listen to Pink Ego Box than, say, Resistance, as it's far more entertaining! But it's quite worrying to me that my list is made up of the oldest of B-sides (i.e. mostly those that didn't even make the first album), and many of the most recent tracks which are not only mostly A-sides but in some cases singles too. That would indicate to me a worrying decline (hence why i've highlighted them).*

*Although I kind of feel bad for including Prague in this, as it's at least a step in the right direction, for the sole reason of not being a cliché-ridden cheese-fest.

Archived