@ Sippe:

Yes, but it doesn't really provoke any emotion or anything from me. justa bunch of wierd noises. no real melody or structure. Which probably means i'm missing the point of the song entirely...:indiff:

It's more an issue of personal style, though, so i'll replace it with Prague.

Pretty much all of The Resistance scores on my Worst Muse Song list. With the exception of MK Ultra and possibly the Exogenesis songs, the rest of the album is just a collection of lame rip-offs of other songs. I wouldn't mind it being shit so much if it was at least original, but when you can call the influences within seconds of hearing the songs there's a problem.

@ Sippe:

Yes, but it doesn't really provoke any emotion or anything from me. justa bunch of wierd noises. no real melody or structure. Which probably means i'm missing the point of the song entirely...:indiff:

It's more an issue of personal style, though, so i'll replace it with Prague.

You are just talking about the singing now I hope? because the instruments has both melody and structure. it's just a fast rock song with crazy vocals.

Pretty much all of The Resistance scores on my Worst Muse Song list. With the exception of MK Ultra and possibly the Exogenesis songs, the rest of the album is just a collection of lame rip-offs of other songs. I wouldn't mind it being shit so much if it was at least original, but when you can call the influences within seconds of hearing the songs there's a problem.

Snapz.

Ohhh Museeeee.

just to clarify: it's the vocals in Execution Commentary that I find off-putting, thats all.

@ Mizutsu- just out of curiousity, what is it you like about IBTY and Sober?

I know it wasn't directed at me but.

IBTY has great vocals, it's really catchy(unlike many of Muse's biggest hits), it's great fun, and the middle part is just amazing.

Sober is just...fun. Also catchy and I actually like the vocals.

I know it wasn't directed at me but.

IBTY has great vocals, it's really catchy(unlike many of Muse's biggest hits), it's great fun, and the middle part is just amazing.

Sober is just...fun. Also catchy and I actually like the vocals.

There's nothing inherently wrong with Sober, it's just not as good as the other songs on the album. Same with Overdue.

Guiding Light, has to be!

There are older songs that can be forgiven because they were younger, but Guiding Light is so recent. It's bad on a few levels, main ones being the cheesey vocals and crap lyrics. How people can name songs like Endlessly, TIRO etc as Muse's worst is ridiculous when Guiding Light is hanging around like a bad smell. I've seen them 4 times on The Resistence tour, and everytime they played it you could hear the crowd groan and people shuffle to the toilet or the bar. That says it all for me.

True benchmark of the relative deterioration of Muse, at the start of this thread people were calling Sing for Absolution a pants song(?)... and now, I mean, once I'd have struggled to pick- but now I feel like it's take your pick - Guiding Light....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived