if by "not that great of a song musically" you mean "total piece of shit" then you are correct.

Seriously, I get the feeling that you just crank up the volume and on the swear words because of, dare I say it, TWILIGHT. It's all right that frustrated 13-year-olds hate on it, but devoted Muse fans should know better.

Seriously, I get the feeling that you just crank up the volume and on the swear words because of, dare I say it, TWILIGHT. It's all right that frustrated 13-year-olds hate on it, but devoted Muse fans should know better.

We should know better than to what?

You should know better than to judge us for disliking a song. I laughed the first time I heard it, it's really a hilarious piece of music, and not in a good way. And I don't mind Twilight, I actually enjoy it(at least the first one).

NSC is still a piece of shit.

even if it weren't in the movie that shall not be named, it would still be one of the worst songs muse have ever written or performed.

We should know better than to what?

You should know better than to judge us for disliking a song. I laughed the first time I heard it, it's really a hilarious piece of music, and not in a good way. And I don't mind Twilight, I actually enjoy it(at least the first one).

NSC is still a piece of shit.

You should know better than to judge me for judging you for judging... nah :p

But fair enough. I thought the hate came from the Twilight movies, I actually like the song myself. :) It's pure stupedity calling the song «overrated» though, seeing the amount of hate it gets here.

Hm, I think I didn't express myself properly. I'll rephrase "Only reason for the hate are other things like how some people on this forum feel they've evolved into doing more 'pop' music and how the same people feel that they're the 'real' fans and how Muse should focus on pleasing them instead of those who've recently discovered them."

I was just being sarcastic about the 'real' fan part. I discovered Muse less than a year ago so considering myself as a so-called 'real' fan would be uhm... retarded.

+1+1+1

Haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems everything revolves around NSC.

I personally think it's their worst song. I love the song, yet sometimes I hate it. I don't dislike it because of Twilight. I dislike it because in comparison to all other Muse songs, it just isn't as good. It's not a terrible song on it's own, its the worst Muse song. I think It's a bit too repetitive for me...."our love will be forever...." x100. I like the song on it's own.. :)

reminds me of this pic. us Musers are very defensive :p

http://a1.twimg.com/profile_images/1222357834/150205_474145653813_347711343813_5459633_8340309_n.jpg

(has no idea how to put a pic in a post)

I have to disagree with some of the users. I actually think "Unintended" is very sweet. Imagine a situation where you meet someone that just happened out of nowhere. That person could be the one. Anywho I like it and I think Matthew Bellamy sings beautifully in that song.

To answer the forum topic I like all their songs.. but if I had to choose one I like least would be "Overdue" from the "Showbiz" album.

I have to disagree with some of the users. I actually think "Unintended" is very sweet. Imagine a situation where you meet someone that just happened out of nowhere. That person could be the one. Anywho I like it and I think Matthew Bellamy sings beautifully in that song.

To answer the forum topic I like all their songs.. but if I had to choose one I like least would be "Overdue" from the "Showbiz" album.

Matt sings beautiful in every song :p but yes, i love Unintended, too.

Haven't been to this thread in a while, but it seems everything revolves around NSC.

I personally think it's their worst song. I love the song, yet sometimes I hate it. I don't dislike it because of Twilight. I dislike it because in comparison to all other Muse songs, it just isn't as good. It's not a terrible song on it's own, its the worst Muse song. I think It's a bit too repetitive for me...."our love will be forever...." x100. I like the song on it's own.. :)

This 100%. You're spot on with my thoughts on NSC.

The hate towards it also makes me wonder if the song wasn't by Muse and if it was by a new band I'd never heard of, whether I would like it...idk whether I would or not.

But I just hope that NSCness isn't what the next album beholds...

The hate towards it also makes me wonder if the song wasn't by Muse and if it was by a new band I'd never heard of, whether I would like it...idk whether I would or not.

NSC is crammed with what reminds me of Muse songs/style, such as drumming a la KoC, then Rachmaninoff-ish piano, and background synthesizer sounds...as a whole makes me think as typical and popular elements of Muse songs rushed into one. Only Muse would think of creating the song intentionally.

I think if the song wasn't by Muse I would probably like it.

the thread is Worst Muse Song. Doesn't mean the song is terrible. Means that it's the worst of anything Matthew Bellamy has ever sung, imo.

lyrically, i think is why i dont like it. It's style is pretty IBTY, but it's lyrics are "our love will be forever"

I think NSC's gonna get a contender for worst song. There are gonna be 2 more twatlight movies. Hopefully that wont mean 2 new songs...

I heard somewhere (may have been this board) Muse's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off You will be used for the first movie

On a side note-was NSC actually written for Twilight or did Twilight just happen to use it?

I heard somewhere (may have been this board) Muse's cover of Can't Take My Eyes Off You will be used for the first movie

On a side note-was NSC actually written for Twilight or did Twilight just happen to use it?

1. Never gonna happen.

2. It wasn't written for Twilight, but it was recorded for it.

Archived