The problem with tutorials is that I read the first paragraph or two of a ten page document, and then get bored and give up! :LOL:

You pick it up slowly over time I guess, but if you want to learn it more quickly, you'll have to really focus. I could have never taken guitar lessons or something becaause I'd have got fed up with being told what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. I'd much rather teach myself over time, but that's just my take on it. :chuckle:

I dont suppose anybody can help - Looking for some good all round on-ear headphones :)

something I can use with my phone to listen to music out and about but could also be useful to use on a recording deck/ amp (Im not expecting them to be studio headphones that are awesome for mixing, more focused on the out and about asepct :) )

Something relatively cheap (maybe £30 max?)

Anyone got similiar specced headphones? :)

I dont suppose anybody can help - Looking for some good all round on-ear headphones :)

something I can use with my phone to listen to music out and about but could also be useful to use on a recording deck/ amp (Im not expecting them to be studio headphones that are awesome for mixing, more focused on the out and about asepct :) )

I've got some Sennheiser HD448s. Could be a little better on the bass side of things, but they're like no other headphones I've tried. Such a wide sound

Is there anyone who has tried both toggle killswitches and push button ones as seen here? http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a-Better-Killswitch-Into-Your-Guitar/ I'm trying to decide which one I want to use. My initial thought was to use a toggle as it looks better, since a little plastic button on a shiny guitar probably seems a little iffy. If I did a push button I'd probably hide it by the volume and tone knobs and have the pickup selector be up on the left horn. A push button one seems quicker, but I'd imagine it'd be harder to control the sound (like, while playing a quick Morellol solo I figure you'd want to flick the switch when you want the sound to occur, instead of pressing the button when you want the sound killed). Also, that article seems to claim that toggles will ALWAYS have a popping sound, even though at least from YouTube videos it doesn't seem like it.

So, thoughts anyone? If I did go for a toggle, I'd probably want an on/off/on, so can anyone suggest a good one to use that doesn't pop? Or should I just install a push button?

Superlux HD668B- I've got a pair and they are really very good. A long way ahead of its price range. They call them studio monitoring too, and they have a very neutral balance and EQ (unlike my bass heavy Sennheiser CX500s) as well which is great for any studio stuff

I know that you need to unplug an FF to preserve battery, but what about other pedals? I left my Bad Monkey plugged in overnight a few days ago between perfromances and the battery is almost empty.

It would be a nightmare to have to unplug every pedal every time I stop playing for a bit.

I do have power supplies, but I didn't know if that stopped the battery draining. The only pedal I wouldn't use a power supply for is the FF, as it sounds a lot better without it, but I'm fine unplugging that as it's always first in the chain.

Power supplies don't stop the battery draining. Just use them with a power supply and no battery. My fuzz factory sounds exactly the same with a power supply as it does with a battery also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDyxrQOfKE4

In the beginning riff and the breakdown part before the chorus (or is it pre-chorus? :ninja:), how does Matt achieve this sound? Is it the channel 4 on the VH4 or the EQ pedal or what? Just curious...

P.S. This is the right thread to ask this, right? Right?

P.S.S. How do you embed a video?

[y t] (video link) [/media]

(with no spaces)

I'm not entirely sure how he gets that sound - it's probably a different channel on the amp. I recall seeing how he has his EQ pedal set, and it's for more of a mid boost, while this is more of a massive low end/volume boost.

But maybe something else is involved that doesn't have to do with the guitar setup.

[y t] (video link) [/media]

(with no spaces)

I'm not entirely sure how he gets that sound - it's probably a different channel on the amp. I recall seeing how he has his EQ pedal set, and it's for more of a mid boost, while this is more of a massive low end/volume boost.

But maybe something else is involved that doesn't have to do with the guitar setup.

Thanks. Let's see...like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDyxrQOfKE4

Yeah, I remember his EQ pedal settings too, and I don't think it's that. But, in one picture I saw his Diezel eq settings and neither the channel 3 or 4 had that much low end. So I'm not really sure what could it be then...could it be one of his fuzzes? If I remember correctly, he has 4 fuzz pedals + the ones on guitars.

muse2.jpg

Yeah, but look at that, he doesn't seem to have that much low end even on channel 4. Actually, the channel 4 looks just like a mid boosted channel 3 with more gain :LOL:

But anyway, I still think it's got to be something else too. It can't be just the amp...where does he get that low end from? :erm:

P.S. how do you put pictures on a spoiler?

EDIT: wait...is that picture from the Resistance tour or...it could be from BHaR era too...I think?

EDIT2: Could he be using an octaver in the pre-chorus part?

EDIT3: Or maybe he's using two amps simultaneously? :eek:

That picture was from the BHAR tour.

[spoiler ] [/ spoiler]

(without spaces)

It could be the VH4, but that sounded much smoother to me. The only one that could do something like that was channel 4, but even then, it didn't sound like that.

Wasn't there something about him DI'ing part of his setup? Like the fuzz factory for SMBH for example.

It's really hard to say. I'm not sure if the volume boost is even coming from his setup - if you see them live, you'll know that it gets about 50x louder during that part! (obviously it's coming from the PA, but I'm talking about the amp itself)

The tone change could really be anything from an EQ in the VH4's loop to a fuzz pedal into the AC30. Sounds crazy, but with lots of different gear...I haven't got a clue haha

Archived