Going to be ordering a Kitara tomorrow if all goes well, does anyone know how long the delivery time is? I can't find it on their site. I'm moving house in about a week that's all so I'm unsure where to set the delivery address to.

And Neil, you should be able to learn a fair bit without a midi controller.

Going to be ordering a Kitara tomorrow if all goes well, does anyone know how long the delivery time is? I can't find it on their site. I'm moving house in about a week that's all so I'm unsure where to set the delivery address to.

And Neil, you should be able to learn a fair bit without a midi controller.

Congrats! I'm looking at ordering one pretty soon as well :D The more I look at it, the more I need it...

Guest Batman.

Does anyone know of a 9-60 set of strings? Or a decent brand that lets you buy single strings, Ernie Ball insist on making you get packs of 6 for each string.

Guest Batman.
Why wouldn't you just do that? It's like having six sets of .09-.60 guage strings...

Because not being 16 yet, I can't get a decent job to justify paying £60.90 for 6 sets of strings :LOL:

Guest Batman.
Apparently D'addario let you buy single strings off their site I think, but I've not tried it out. I think there's some other sites specifically for strings where you can mix and match too.

Thanks a lot, just found some on the D'addario website!

For anyone who can help.

Boss ME-25? Any good?

I've got the Boss ME-50, and that's brilliant, so I'd guess the ME-25 is similarly good :LOL: I would recommend the ME-50 though, it's much easier to use.

Because not being 16 yet, I can't get a decent job to justify paying £60.90 for 6 sets of strings :LOL:

As for the 0.9 - 60 u could look for a pack of strings for a 7 string guitar and it could work out.

I haven't ever encountered them trying to make me buy 6 packs of em though ...

For anyone who can help.

Boss ME-25? Any good?

If you can, try the ME-50. Built solid and will give you a bit more flexibility with sounds. Very good option if you don't want to buy individual effects.

To answer your question though... Yes for a basic ordeal of effects. :)

If you can, try the ME-50. Built solid and will give you a bit more flexibility with sounds. Very good option if you don't want to buy individual effects.

To answer your question though... Yes for a basic ordeal of effects. :)

I have an ME-50 and you can get some good sounds out of it. The distortion is OK, but not amazing (some are suprisingly good), the delay is fantastic, but the modulation isn't great. The wah sounds pretty shit so I keep this on the whammy setting, which is great fun. Plus there's a compressor. Overall, really good if you can get it cheap.

The Boss multi effects are only useful in "stompbox mode" IMO as when switching patches you get a definite drop out.

Quote for truth

Not yet being a gigger means I haven't properly set up many patches but it is annoying.

I have an ME-50 and you can get some good sounds out of it. The distortion is OK, but not amazing (some are suprisingly good), the delay is fantastic, but the modulation isn't great. The wah sounds pretty shit so I keep this on the whammy setting, which is great fun. Plus there's a compressor. Overall, really good if you can get it cheap.

My brother has one. I always thought the distortion was a bit "meh", the modulation was okay (quite extreme and in your face most of the time) and the delay settings are brilliant.

If you set presets before you went to a gig, you can set the levels to be equal and just change presets. It *generally* works better but like chedda said, find there is a drop out when changing presets so it only ends up being useful between songs or in obvious gaps. :(

Anyone got any experience with the Line 6 Variax guitars? There is a Variax 300 locally for about £200 but I have no idea if they are actually any good.

I've always found they look and feel a bit cheap to play but as far as it goes, you can get an okay emulation of most of the guitars. You'll have to try one out to be the judge of that.

• 4 weeks later...

So, I have this thing with my guitar, and I want to know is it normal or not.

But first, little side info...

So, my guitar is a Fender Telecaster Custom FMT HH, as seen below:

285404_139356416145876_100002145549511_253465_4125371_n.jpg

And I bought it from Thomann about two months ago.

So, when I first played, I loved it. Excellent guitar, and it has a coil tap in it. (or is it coil split? :unsure:) Now, I remember I didn't notice any kind of volume drop when coil tapping the humbuckers back then.

Anyway, because of a minor crack in the guitar, I ended up returning the guitar to Thomann, since they promised to send a replacement guitar for me. Lots of things happened after that...but to cut a long story short, I got the same guitar back to me, which I was really mad about...:mad:

But anyway, after I got it back, I started to notice a large drop in volume when coil tapping the pickups, and it basically has made the whole feature totally unusable for me. But, weirdly enough, I don't get almost any drop in volume when I'm using the OD channel of my amp. It happens only in the clean channel.

Now, can someone tell me if this is normal or not? If not, any tips on how to fix it? :erm:

(Please don't say it's normal, because then I basically can't use the coil tap feature at all with clean sounds :()

And it really bugs me that in this video there doesn't seem to be a big volume difference between the single coil and humbucker modes:

• 2 weeks later...
the exact sound of Uprising[/b

Welcome to kitten tab!! in future don't ask for the exact sound as you'll just get a sarcastic answer, like this:

Manson MB-1 on bridge pick-up through a driven AC30 with slight delay. :rolleyes:

But really this should give you a good base to start from

If you just want to get the right sound then a humbucker bridge, high gain on a vintage amp simulation and slight delay. The delay isn't very noticeable so thats optional. Amp settings should about about Bass: 4 Mids: 3 and Treble: 7. Liek I said, go for high gain on a vintage amp simulation.

That should be about right but since I don't know you guitar or amp its just base to work from.

Hey guys, i'm new on this forum, can anyone help me?, i have a Digitech Rp355 and i want to know if anyone have the settings for the exact sound of Uprising, or if someone can send me the preset, amp, effects, distortion, all of that.

Also i dont know if my comment goes on this thread

Manson MB-1 on bridge pick-up through a driven AC30 with slight delay

:chuckle:

Jim, I'm pretty sure he recorded that with the dickinson. :p

edit: Oh, you're just copying logan's reply. Never mind.

delay? there's only a slight bit for the solo, and you don't necessarily need it for it to sound right.

i'm honestly not familiar with that pedal, but I really wouldn't turn the mids down too far. fair bit of treble, not too much bass, and the mids maybe about half way. gain wherever you think it sounds best.

/notofmuchhelp

Archived