How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

I got a chance for a proper listen yesterday, before sleep. It was awesome. What an inspirational song. I'm listening to it again, and ah I just want to make something. Write a story or mess around in photoshop.

In case it isn't clear, I love love love Exogenesis. If it were a person, I'd give it a hug :D

*sighs blissfuly* such a beautiful song...srsly anyone kow where I can get the Exogenesis artwork from the lyrics booklet? It looks so awesome...I really want it as my desktop ):

All you'd do is Hug it?

I'm not going to go into what I'd do it it. :LOL:

Yep @blinkinfightuse it has written Beethoven on it, but as JennaFoxLives said, it transforms into something different after. A musician friend noticed it at the first listen, I had to listen Moonlight Sonata to get to see it.

Well, for me Cross Pollination is pretty intensive, it makes me think of something like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRI8ckMGMrk

P.S I am sorry still I dont know how to quote other people U_U

For part 2 I imagine a shuttle taking off carrying brave explorers in search of a new world, there's a countdown and then the ignition, before it rises through the toxic clouds of a post apocalyptic Earth.

It leaves the bleak atmosphere and lurches into the blackness of space. Heading deeper through the solar system, Earth getting smaller and smaller. It passes Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, it's engines roaring. Then the song ends as it disappears into the bleak star-crossed void.

Exogenesis has brought a tear to my eye many a time already....I think it always will if i listen to it in the right place/mood.

For part 2 I imagine a shuttle taking off carrying brave explorers in search of a new world, there's a countdown and then the ignition, before it rises through the toxic clouds of a post apocalyptic Earth.

It leaves the bleak atmosphere and lurches into the blackness of space. Heading deeper through the solar system, Earth getting smaller and smaller. It passes Mars, Jupiter and Saturn, it's engines roaring. Then the song ends as it disappears into the bleak star-crossed void.

YES!

Completely agree with that

Part 1: Earth in Chaos

Part 2: Brave Explorers trying to find a new world for us to live on "we are counting on youuuuu, it's up to youuuu"

part 3: Earth preparing and embarking for their recolonization, hopeful, yet desperate.

Exogenesis has brought a tear to my eye many a time already....I think it always will if i listen to it in the right place/mood.

YES!

Part 2: Brave Explorers trying to find a new world for us to live on "we are counting on youuuuu, it's up to youuuu"

part 3: Earth preparing and embarking for their recolonization, hopeful, yet desperate.

:awesome:

So part 1: Earth is condemned, natural disasters, ravaged wastelands created through human conflicts. But all is not lost, the remaining survivors must form an alliance and forge the most ambitious project humans have overseen: exogenesis.

Hence the beginning of part 2.

YES!

I think Matt kinda confirmed somewhere (think it was the iTunes LP) that Part 3 is the aftermath of the Cross-Pollination, thus the sad melody to it and begging for redemption.

Imo it's strengthened by the fact that Part 3 is a huge mood change from part 2. It goes from dramatic, epic and convinced nature. Nothing can stop what they're about to do and there's no turning back. Then it turns into the melancholy, depressing part 3 which is the realization of the sad but true fact.

Someone, or everyone, realized that it will never work. It's just not that easy, spreading life across the universe won't change the nature of man and it'll all eventually become a cycle. Everyone needs to change themselves and their disruptive ways, hence the "Let's start over again, why can't we start over". It's almost as if they know it's too late for a new beginning.

The song is practically an aesop. A pretty subtle one at that.

I love this music!! Especially part1 Overture, Matt's voice is sooooo beautiful and pure emotion, like it grabs your heart strings and pulls them as far as they can stretch, so you feel like Earth is really dying....

It is dying as well, it's just not in the phase that part I is set.

I think Matt kinda confirmed somewhere (think it was the iTunes LP) that Part 3 is the aftermath of the Cross-Pollination, thus the sad melody to it and begging for redemption.

Imo it's strengthened by the fact that Part 3 is a huge mood change from part 2. It goes from dramatic, epic and convinced nature. Nothing can stop what they're about to do and there's no turning back. Then it turns into the melancholy, depressing part 3 which is the realization of the sad but true fact.

Someone, or everyone, realized that it will never work. It's just not that easy, spreading life across the universe won't change the nature of man and it'll all eventually become a cycle. Everyone needs to change themselves and their disruptive ways, hence the "Let's start over again, why can't we start over". It's almost as if they know it's too late for a new beginning.

The song is practically an aesop. A pretty subtle one at that.

Here you go:

What matt had to say about Exogenesis (from the notes from the iTunes LP)

"This song is influenced by Rachmaninov, Richard Strauss, Chopin and Pink Floyd. It looks at the concept of 'Panspermia'. It is a story of humanity coming to an end and everyone pinning their hopes on a group of astronauts who go out to explore space and spread humanity to another planet. Part I is a jaded acceptance that civilisation will end. Part 2 is a desperate hope that sending the astronauts to find and populate other planets will be successful alongside the recognition that this is the last hope. Finally, Part 3 is when the astronauts realise that it is just one big cycle, and recognise that unless humanity can change it will happen all over again."

I didn't think that Cross-Pollination is dark at any point... I feel that Part I is extremely dark, Part II is refreshingly positive, and Part III is dark again, but on a more intimate level.

I wouldn't say it's the best thing Muse have done by far, as it isn't even my favourite part of the album. :p However, it's a welcome experimentation, and stands up there with other Muse classics.

+ 1 to the first thing.

I would also agree it wasn't the best thing overall, but it was for me on The Resistance. Citizen Erased, New Born, Knights of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome and Megalomania are absolutely amazing :D

+ 1 to the first thing.

I would also agree it wasn't the best thing overall, but it was for me on The Resistance. Citizen Erased, New Born, Knights of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome and Megalomania are absolutely amazing :D

I love Megalomania soooooooooo much. That's the only Muse song that has made me cry multiple times, no matter the mood I'm in.

Exo still hasn't made me cry.........:$

Listen to it through headphones and in the right setting and you'll be weeping for England :chuckle:

I did! I listened with my headphones and the highest volume my head would allow, and my eyes only watered a bit on the start of the arpeggios in overture (love those so so so much). No crying though.

Strangely enough, MK Ultra was the only song that made me leak a tear upon my first listen to TR. :LOL: I still can't figure out why, but that is one of my fav songs on the album :happy:

Archived