How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

So I was on the way home from school with Muse playing in my iPod. Exogenesis started playing. The clouds were pretty dark cause of bad weather and it was raining. Suddenly I heard the ring of ambulances and firetrucks, didn't think they'd go too far. Walk further and see them stopped up near a crowd of people and a gigantic motorbike wreck happened, the bike was entirely crashed. The guy on the ground looked practically dead the little of what I saw cause medics were trying to get life into him as they were readying him to lift him into the ambulance. All of this during the exact moment of when the guitar in Overture kicks in which always spreads chills across my spine.

Pretty heavy moment. Kinda horrible but the music contemplated the mood in a way I couldn't imagine really.

So I was on the way home from school with Muse playing in my iPod. Exogenesis started playing. The clouds were pretty dark cause of bad weather and it was raining. Suddenly I heard the ring of ambulances and firetrucks, didn't think they'd go too far. Walk further and see them stopped up near a crowd of people and a gigantic motorbike wreck happened, the bike was entirely crashed. The guy on the ground looked practically dead the little of what I saw cause medics were trying to get life into him as they were readying him to lift him into the ambulance. All of this during the exact moment of when the guitar in Overture kicks in which always spreads chills across my spine.

Pretty heavy moment. Kinda horrible but the music contemplated the mood in a way I couldn't imagine really.

When I was listening to Collateral Damage while walking down the street, a helicopter flew right overhead. :eek: Thought we were getting bombed

Does anyone else hear the click sound at 1:03 - 1:04 of Redemption? Sounds like a couple of drumsticks being smacked together...

Sounds a bit, like it shouldn't be there.

I noticed... after turning the volume up to bass boom level.

You really have a strong ear for that.

Huh. I can play the piano parts from Exogenesis Pt.3

Oh god, you'll start me off!:( There is some of that in Exogenesis isn't there, it's really deep. Really sad but in a contemplative way. Its not just sad, it's more than sad, its not angst ridden, its peaceful, somehow knowing.

I was thinking this morning that you know when Matt was saying about a time when whenever they would get off their tour bus, there would be this group of girls standing there just crying, the same girls every stop, and it was like wtf!? He painted an hilarious picture.:LOL: Well you know, if I wasn't inhibited, I could be one of those people crying with those girls:LOL: Not really, in reality, and not every time, but I can certainly relate to the fact that the music can have that power.

This piece of music can take me away from myself to another place, and touches something which I think is inside all of us. What's very touching is that I think Matt has expressed something within himself through music which a lot of us can relate to without really knowing exactly what it is. He might not know what it is either. But its very very beautiful.:)

Huh. Just a random thought but I think Exo Pt.3 could be pulled off live without an orchestra. I mean the instruments in that part specifically aren't far beyond what they manage to perform with Butterflies & Hurricanes, in fact I question that part's symphonicness a bit. That twitpic also showed Morgan learning some parts of it by hand, even though most likely a joke, one member more should be enough for the trio to pull that part off.

It might feel lonely at the top without the other 2 parts but the closest possibility to an Exo in this tour would be Part 3 if they weren't to have an orchestra, probably a gig closer too.

It might feel lonely at the top without the other 2 parts but the closest possibility to an Exo in this tour would be Part 3 if they weren't to have an orchestra, probably a gig closer too.

Uh :facepalm: please don't say that. Any Exo other than Part 3 ... please?!

Uh :facepalm: please don't say that. Any Exo other than Part 3 ... please?!

No. I'm not here to please you or anyone else. I'm here to state pure facts, whether you like Exo 3 or not isn't my concern, but Exo 3 is the least symphonic out of all the tracks and most likely the only one which didnt utilize an orchestra like Overture or Cross-Pollination. Its just a piano with an atmospheric synth in the background, lyrics, drums and bass. Exo 3 is the easiest one to replicate were they to go live.

It's possible. It's a theory.

I don't want them to split it up either. But hey, it's just a thought.

I don't see why I get facepalms for that theory.

I can't really understand why they can't take a small group of violinists etc with them, like on Jools Holland. They wouldn't have to travel with them, they could travel separately. Afterall there are usually quite a lot of additional people involved (dancers etc) in pop concerts. How do they manage?

I think if they are going to do Exogenesis it will be the one before they leave the stage, before they come back on with a couple of rocky tracks to end the show.

BTW Dom said in an interview that Matt deleted the symbol in Exogenesis but he obviously didn't!

I can't really understand why they can't take a small group of violinists etc with them, like on Jools Holland. They wouldn't have to travel with them, they could travel separately. Afterall there are usually quite a lot of additional people involved (dancers etc) in pop concerts. How do they manage?

I think if they are going to do Exogenesis it will be the one before they leave the stage, before they come back on with a couple of rocky tracks to end the show.

BTW Dom said in an interview that Matt deleted the symbol in Exogenesis but he obviously didn't!

Well seeing how Exo used over 40 musicians in the making, I'd say it'd be pretty hard to acquire that many to follow them on what is essentially a two month tour, hence why it's most likely put off for the bigger gigs/stadium gigs.

Stade de France will probably be such an ocassion.

I was watching Wall-E for my university's environmental studies class the other day and I was thinking about how similar it was to exogenesis the whole time. Maybe i'll get around to doing part II and part III of both the symphony and the movie if I get some positive feedback

For once I thought I was the only one who thought that Exogenesis was related to Wall-E.

Think of it, the whole song is about the human race leaving earth to find a new home. Aside from that, the music on Part I is quite similar to the music from the scene at the beginning of the film when we see Wall-E packing away cubes of trash.

No. I'm not here to please you or anyone else. I'm here to state pure facts, whether you like Exo 3 or not isn't my concern, but Exo 3 is the least symphonic out of all the tracks and most likely the only one which didnt utilize an orchestra like Overture or Cross-Pollination. Its just a piano with an atmospheric synth in the background, lyrics, drums and bass. Exo 3 is the easiest one to replicate were they to go live.

It's possible. It's a theory.

I don't want them to split it up either. But hey, it's just a thought.

I don't see why I get facepalms for that theory.

I beg to differ, Redemption is a very emotional track, but the strings in the background are a huge part of that. It wouldn't be the same without them.

I beg to differ, Redemption is a very emotional track, but the strings in the background are a huge part of that. It wouldn't be the same without them.

Morgan. As said, they did the same thing in Butterflies and Hurricanes in the piano part. Besides the same sound can be installed/made on a synth.

And to my regard there was another guy with them at Wembley.

Archived