How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

I actually find the entire album to be a second part in a way to many concepts brought up in Origin of Symmetry and Absolution. For starters I think it's common knowledge that there is a riff common to Citizen Erased, Interlude, and Resistance. Yes? If not you really should take a listen through those songs and it should jump out at you. Next take Sing for Absolution and compare it to Cross-Pollination. Especially take a close look at the music video for Sing for Absolution and tell me those two songs are not related. If you tell me I'm crazy I'll believe you but I feel there's a bigger story going on in these albums.

That's a lot of nonsense in one post.

I keep having serious troubles to listen to the part he sings "this time well geddiiiiiiiit" (the underlined part) Its really inaudible. Im really thinking this means bad producing or bad mixing (although obviously I wanted that it was just a problem of mine).

Does anyone here know anything about producing/mixing quality and could evaluate it? thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

First time I've listened to Exogenesis through in ages.

It's still brilliant - but why did they A. bill it as a symphony and B. chop it up into three bits :'(.

I glued all the sections together in Audacity and just renamed it 'Exogenesis' - so much better, it can't be listened to in chunks, imo.

First time I've listened to Exogenesis through in ages.

It's still brilliant - but why did they A. bill it as a symphony and B. chop it up into three bits :'(.

I glued all the sections together in Audacity and just renamed it 'Exogenesis' - so much better, it can't be listened to in chunks, imo.

Maybe the tracklisting would have been too short for an album? idk

Yeah, they had to fill out the tracklisting so Matt wouldn't look like a lazy knob for only writing those songs and being forced to put them all on the album with no (better) songs to choose from. How else did Guiding Light make it on the album?

As a whole, it's my favorite Muse song, but why the hell was it called a symphony in the first place, and why is it chopped up? (like previously posted)

Well my guess is that it's broken up into 3 parts to be like different movements of a symphony. Thought really this if anything is more like a mini-symphony because in a real classical symphony the movements are usually much longer.

• 3 months later...

Archived