How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

I feel so certain it's 32.

It is!!! I was just about to say :D

:unsure:

Anyway, didn't this take Matt years to put together? Could be a while before he does something so big again, unless the experience has inspired him, which would be great. But then I think it would be great just to release the next 'symphony' as an EP.

I can see Exogenesis being very much like what a Matt Bellamy solo album would sound like. If the rest of the band decide to steer away from that sound, it'll be incredibly likely Matt will have a solo project on the side. However, I don't see that happening. I think Muse might expand on the concept for a future album.

I'd personally say that it is the best thing they've done, or at least it beats Citizen Erased. Citizen Erased is not above Exogenesis IMO, and I don't even think CE it is their best song. There are so many beautiful moments in Exogenesis, and Matt sings some of the best parts he's ever sung. The first and second time I heard it, I wasn't hugely impressed, but now that I come back to it more, it is magnificent. At the moment a lot of their other songs of old albums seem a bit bland in comparison-though no doubt I'll be interested in them again soon.

Yes it is very beautiful... and I see what monkeymaestro means with 2 not being dark - I guess it is more hopeful than dark at:

"Spread our codes to the stars

You must rescue us all"

All-in-all it is one of the better things for me musically, but still around the same level as all my other favourites. It certainly did what happens with about the 10% of classical music that I like, and hit the right spot. 90% of classical whizzes straight past me and I find uninteresting, but when there are epic arpeggios or beautiful melodies, like in this piece, I love it. Its the whole reason I started playing piano, things like the Chopin nocturne that has happened to be on the album.

Whilst Exogeneis doesn't seem as complex as Rachmaninov 2nd piano concerto, it is certainly as powerful and emotive, and so I obviously like it a lot. I think at the end of the day I find it hard to compare classical Muse to rock Muse!

I like it a lot, but the first part reminds me of Gustav Holst's The Planets - Pluto - The Lord of The Underworld. Matthew Bellamy likes to pick from different classical pieces, but always does an amazing job integrating this music into his own. I really don't know why there are so many negative reviews of this album. It's a masterpiece of art. The third part starts like Moonlight Sonata combined with Cavatina. haha

Yeah I like it as well but it's hailed as this their best song by a lot of fans which I really don't get.

Its always been my favourite since I first heard it in 2001. Its because of the different sections (movements?) that are all awesome.

1. Heavy intro verse with catchy melody

2. Legendary heavy chorus

3. Cool clean guitar riff

4. Cool clean soft verse and chorus - the verse is amazing live as build up

5. Mental solo

6. Gorgeous transition to ending

7. Beautiful sung ending

People talk about Muse doing the "bohemium Rapsody" of the 2000s but I think Citizen Erased is it.

I heard someone else comparing part III of Exo to Moonlight Sonata, but I disagreed because the chord isn't as dark, its closer to Chopin pieces I've heard.

I'll have a listen to Pluto later to see if it reminds me of part I because I haven't heard Pluto yet.

I'd personally say that it is the best thing they've done, or at least it beats Citizen Erased. Citizen Erased is not above Exogenesis IMO, and I don't even think CE it is their best song. There are so many beautiful moments in Exogenesis, and Matt sings some of the best parts he's ever sung. The first and second time I heard it, I wasn't hugely impressed, but now that I come back to it more, it is magnificent. At the moment a lot of their other songs of old albums seem a bit bland in comparison-though no doubt I'll be interested in them again soon.

Citizen Erased is an interesting comparison to Exogenesis, not because I'm even going to think about which is their greatest song or anything, I'm not into any of that "which is the best" stuff, takes too much energy (pointlessly in my opinion), but because the emotion created by each song is similar and the theme is possibly similar. But Exogenesis is much bigger musically and in accordance the theme is also much bigger.

They've talked about striving towards something they've set out to achieve, and I think Exogenesis is part of that, well Matt's striving for an ultimate expression of intense emotion through music. I am emotionally involved with Citizen Erased because I have a soft spot for the guy singing it, and well the instrumentation is great too, but Exogenesis goes even beyond that, I think, and has the capacity to cross any barrier and touch all of us. Maybe in that process it has had to become more detached from the band and detached from Matthew.

If he had been singing about himself in Exogenesis I would have become a little worried!:LOL: Rather like Michael Jackson putting that big statue of himself on the cross on stage! Maybe that's why some reviewers have commented on megalomaniac tendencies :LOL: The music is just to big to be about one person, even though the power of the underlying feeling remains in there in a piece of music which is outward reaching.

I really don't get all the hype over Citizen Erased? I hardly ever listen to it, I'm not saying it's bad but it's nothing special :confused:

As for the question, for me personally I do think exogenesis it's one of the best things they've done.

I don't get it either. Since day one I have found it incredibly overhyped. It's dull. Especially the second half.

And yeah, Exogensis is one of my favourite things they've done, especially Part I.

I really don't get all the hype over Citizen Erased? I hardly ever listen to it, I'm not saying it's bad but it's nothing special :confused:

As for the question, for me personally I do think exogenesis it's one of the best things they've done.

Citizen Erased album version is meh but its unbelievable live

Archived