How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

This thread is to say what you think about the supossed song that will be 15 minutes long and in 3 parts: you know, what you want it to sound like, if you'll like it, whether you even think that it's true or if they'll put it on the 5th album.

Its gonna be awesome. if i sat down to make a 15 minute 3 part song i would definately take extra care to make it great. for your average 3-4 minute song its ok to be a bit repetative and use hooks all the time, but with something as long as that its gotta progress. i can see it being the start to my day as i make the hour long traul up to uni :D

It has to be VERY different for it to keep my attention for 15 minutes, some epic riffs, some great piano bits, maybe a little guitar solo thrown in. It has the potential to be amazing, but it also has the potential to fail if muse arn't careful.

For example, if knights of cydonia was any longer, then it would of got repetative, if it was any shorter it would of been lacking something. They have to get the balance spot on.

Yeah, Matt was talking about this in an Australian magazine called jMag by the radio station Triple J. He said he'd written the "hardest song ever". He also says that a large bit of it is orchestral. I read somewhere that he'd always wanted to do a long space rock solo, also. I think that this may be it.:D

Its gonna be awesome. if i sat down to make a 15 minute 3 part song i would definately take extra care to make it great. for your average 3-4 minute song its ok to be a bit repetative and use hooks all the time, but with something as long as that its gotta progress. i can see it being the start to my day as i make the hour long traul up to uni :D

Well, I'm sure that they are. Most of their songs are quite close to perfect anyways, why would they stop now?

i dunno, people liked that song from the international which may or may not have been anything at all and was pretty boring so im sure not many people will be all THAT disappointed.

there is no way the song from the international is going to be anything to do with it. it was in keeping with the rest of the soundtrack.

I reckon calling it a symphonic "monster" suggests that Matt thinks its something epic and special... you wouldn't big up something with grand words like that unless you were pretty confident that it was a piece of "monster" proportions :p

So I'm not worried in the slightest - epic is the best word to describe Muse, it's what they do best :happy:

I reckon calling it a symphonic "monster" suggests that Matt thinks its something epic and special... you wouldn't big up something with grand words like that unless you were pretty confident that it was a piece of "monster" proportions :p

So I'm not worried in the slightest - epic is the best word to describe Muse, it's what they do best :happy:

Dom called it the symphonic monster i thought.

Matt called it, 'the weak song with some string sounds'.

Guest QueenOfNerds
Dom called it the symphonic monster i thought.

Matt called it, 'the weak song with some string sounds'.

You old cynic you:p

Archived