How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

No. Muse should jump off a cliff immediately after they release Exo as a single.

That song must not wear out.

+1

They can't and won't release it as a single. That would be stupidity. Plus it would be the worst choice possible, commercially. Who's going to buy a 12 (not 15... the liars :p) minute symphony and sit through a music video that long? The masses are simple folk (lol er, no offence! :p) and would rather a 3-4 minutes catchy choon. Leave the masterpieces for exclusive ears :LOL:

The start and end of Resistance both got the synth used in the ending of Citizen Erased, perhaps that's why you like it:D

tbh the intro and outro to Resistance reminds me more of the intro of when the world ends from Guillermots (especially the distorted noises) than CE.

Agree too that dom pwns with the drums on that song.

It's not going to be a single. Chris said all the singles at the start of the album and it gets "deeper" as it goes along.

Matt's also mentioned, that the album takes off as it goes along, Uprising being very down-to-earth, and Exogenesis taking off into space.

Mayhaps irrelevant, but what the hell :awesome:

For some reason, this didn't blow me away when I first listened to it. I thought it was beautiful, for sure, but maybe the effect was lessened because I accidentally heard more than I wanted to on the Muse Night radio show...

However the more I listen to it, the more it's becoming my favorite song on the album. Absolutely brilliant. Anybody else have a similar experience?

For some reason, this didn't blow me away when I first listened to it. I thought it was beautiful, for sure, but maybe the effect was lessened because I accidentally heard more than I wanted to on the Muse Night radio show...

However the more I listen to it, the more it's becoming my favorite song on the album. Absolutely brilliant. Anybody else have a similar experience?

Yes! I listened only once, and I'm still unsure about it. It just seemed too short and it wasn't quite as massive as I expected it to be. But when I get my CD and listen like 1 or 2 more times I'm sure I'll feel the same about it as you :happy:

Within 30 second of it started I was entranced and transfixed, blocking out all other sounds. When the finale came I was near tears. In my opinion the whole album is fantastic and indeed also perfect. However if you compare this song to the rest of the song on the album, it wins easily. Perfect, beautiful, complex, epic, sad, awe-inspiring. I was speechless after I heard it. Even now as I think about it I become absorbed into it. A piece of music that will be seen as a classic akin to Beethoven's 9th. This album is their best album as well as being their first perfect album. This song is their Best song possibly ever. Also my favorite song of all time.

Archived