How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

Just finished listening all the way through.....I'm just speechless. Such an amazing piece of work! Exogenesis had me weeping from the first few notes..it's just breathtakingly beautiful..and the falsetto gets me every time. Makes you wonder, for the people who say they weren't moved by it..what in the world moves these people then??? I'd like to know. :p

I want to listen to it again, but I'm a quivering mess right now..will attempt another listen in a bit. :LOL:

Oh...wow.

Just listened to it, I couldn't resist. (Badoom tsh).

'Redemption' is awesome, it's totally borrowing from Liebestraum by Liszt. Just the whole thing though, it's amazing.

Fucking YES, this is what I've wanted to hear from Muse all along. I got a bit emotional when listening to it, because it's like finally - they did it. It's just exactly what I have always wanted to hear from them, exactly this type of music.

I still don't fully agree that it's a 'symphony', so shouldn't be called as such, but it's still fucking incredible.

Fucking YES, this is what I've wanted to hear from Muse all along. I got a bit emotional when listening to it, because it's like finally - they did it. It's just exactly what I have always wanted to hear from them, exactly this type of music.

+1 to it all....I have a feeling they will give me goosebumps during every listen. And that's the best thing ever

I consider myself to be a pretty butch bloke but I don't mind admitting that Redemption made me shed tears. I can honestly say that's the first time in my life that has ever happened to me. For some reason it made me think about my best mate who died 10 years ago. I was sad and happy at the same time. Beautiful piece of music. Anyone who doesn't appreciate music like this is simply devoid of emotion!

Fucking YES, this is what I've wanted to hear from Muse all along.

Same here, and they've finally delivered.

But I'm truly surprised at how long it took Matt to write this. He'd been working on it since OoS days, right? You'd think he'd have something a little more interesting and complex. There's no doubt that he's a great musician, but it took him eight years to write this?

Wot I said in the review thread, while listening to the album for the first time via the Guardian stream:

Exogenesis Part 1 (Overture): 10/10 Fantastic! Eerie, hypnotisingly dark atmosphere, with some awesomely chilling Micro Cuts-esque vocals. Just a stunning piece of music.

QUOTE]

Part 1 : I wouldn't have said it better ! And when there's some microcuty thing in a song I'm down on my knees. Thank you Matt for this ! I was afraid to never hear that kind of voice again. For me I give 20/10 and would buy the album even if all other songs were crap just because of this one ! YES !

Refering to what Holydire said : "If i want classic music, I'll listen to Ennio Morricone" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: That's not classical music !

"I want muse ! the cool guitars! the awesome matt voice, the awesome bass" Are you deaf ? Here is the awesome Matt voice! what is Matt awsome voice for you ? and when we got Matt voice melting this way with instruments we don't need to have typical guitar and bass sounds.

"They're making fun of us" I really don't think ! Matt is too proud and perfectionist. He has done something different (not so) that he's always wanted to do. He surely put all his best efforts in it and he certainly wasn't thinking of us when he composed it. It's the first time he's able to do whatever he wants on an album so he did it.

"of which 17 minutes isnt even real muse". I think you actually missed the point. But in a way you're right : I think that's real Matt and not real Muse. But the boys said they accepted and supported Matt's goal in this song. And now we can debate on what Muse is..

"some of the songs sound like early muse b-sides" I will end on that : You've got the right to dislike this album of course but what a strange muse fan you are ! The majority of muse fan LOVE early Bsides, LOVE classical music bits there have always been in muse.

These 2 things (with some others) are the ground of Museic, and that includes cool guitar and awesome bass. And don't forget that Matt is also a pianist...

I just feel sorry for you, I hope you did'nt pre-ordered the Box set ! :LOL: Seriously, I'm curious to know what for you is a true Muse song...

Oh...wow.

Just listened to it, I couldn't resist. (Badoom tsh).

'Redemption' is awesome, it's totally borrowing from Liebestraum by Liszt. Just the whole thing though, it's amazing.

I still don't fully agree that it's a 'symphony', so shouldn't be called as such, but it's still fucking incredible.

Hi! it's been a long time since we talked ! (I've been over busy and my internet is working something like 1hour a week!)

+ another one ! That's what i tried to explain above. I think that we were quite all waiting to hear that kind of music from them because we know it's Matt's wish from the beginning. I agree it's not a symphony but Muse called it the symphonic monster. Using the adjective means something that has a complete orchestra and sounds epic more than peaking of a musical structure. Don't know if it's like that in English ...

:kiss:

Its absolutely gorgeous, particularly part 3 I think at the moment. So emotional. I think maybe it does touch me more because I have developed a soft spot for the man who composed it, but that doesn't take anything away from it. It's because of the sensitivity of his expression through music that the soft spot developed in the first place. And the sensitivity in the music together with the theme is so touching.

Though just adding that is only part of the story of Muse love (just listening to Unnatural Selection) the music is exhilarating! Just awesome!

Incidentally, I remember reading somewhere that Matt said it's not really a symphony.

+1

Start/end of Resistance sends shivers down my spine every single time... And don't get me started on Exogenesis.

Same, I almost cried at Teignmouth when they played it on the 2nd night. Strange because I am rarely moved like that by music. Same for Exo, I've cried more than once listening to it.

I have actually never cried during a song. Ever. And I thought it would always be that way. Good lord, I was wrong. This song gets me every. Single. Time. It only takes one minute of Overture to get me going and then I can't stop until 5 minutes after Redemption has finished. It's just gorgeous.

Hi! it's been a long time since we talked ! (I've been over busy and my internet is working something like 1hour a week!)

+ another one ! That's what i tried to explain above. I think that we were quite all waiting to hear that kind of music from them because we know it's Matt's wish from the beginning. I agree it's not a symphony but Muse called it the symphonic monster. Using the adjective means something that has a complete orchestra and sounds epic more than peaking of a musical structure. Don't know if it's like that in English ...

:kiss:

Hi! How are you doing? :)

PM me, hehe.

Yeah, it's not really a description of it's structure/form or whatever, it's just labelled 'symphony' to sort of guide the public, I reckon. I mean, a lot of Muse fans won't really listen to classical music, so this is perhaps to encourage them to start doing so. Also, calling it a 'symphony' indicates how much effort probably went into it, and will help people to appreciate it more. It gives it more significance.

Well it doesn't matter really, if it's dissected. You only become a classical music buff if you really care about music in the first place. You're not going to intentionally dedicate your life to something if you're not moved by it in the first place.

So, what I mean is, if it is slated by classical music buffs (although I think it will be a moot point because it's not a symphony in any case, so it's not really fair if it's subjected to the same scrutiny), they will at least have the capacity to appreciate it's emotional depth.

In the end though, even though musically I have heard superior works, I don't fucking care, I love it. And the same should apply to everyone else. If you love it, love it.

I have actually never cried during a song. Ever. And I thought it would always be that way. Good lord, I was wrong. This song gets me every. Single. Time. It only takes one minute of Overture to get me going and then I can't stop until 5 minutes after Redemption has finished. It's just gorgeous.

You came into main muse? Wow.

No songs make me cry like this. Others make me cry but with reason. There's no real reason for this. Just the music makes me feel like crying.

Well it doesn't matter really, if it's dissected. You only become a classical music buff if you really care about music in the first place. You're not going to intentionally dedicate your life to something if you're not moved by it in the first place.

So, what I mean is, if it is slated by classical music buffs (although I think it will be a moot point because it's not a symphony in any case, so it's not really fair if it's subjected to the same scrutiny), they will at least have the capacity to appreciate it's emotional depth.

In the end though, even though musically I have heard superior works, I don't fucking care, I love it. And the same should apply to everyone else. If you love it, love it.

I totally agree. That's why I said it would make me sad, since I know there are going to be people who don't think like we do, and are just going to be all snooty about it.

Archived