How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

You came into main muse? Wow.

No songs make me cry like this. Others make me cry but with reason. There's no real reason for this. Just the music makes me feel like crying.

I totally agree. If I had a reason to cry when I listen to it - like connecting it to something in my life, then fair enough...the problem is I don't have a reason to become emotional, I just do.

...I must ask... does anyone else hear, in Overture, the main part in the background...

It sounds so much like something I've heard before and it's driving me nuts. I'm not saying I don't like it (I do! I really do!), but I'll be damned if I haven't heard it somewhere else before. A friend of mine suggested Final Fantasy... Anyone else hearing what I'm hearing? It just sounds so familiar, especially when it first starts up (roughly 30 seconds to a minute in).

If it's already been addressed, kindly point me towards whatever page it was on in this thread (tl;dr)

...I must ask... does anyone else hear, in Overture, the main part in the background...

It sounds so much like something I've heard before and it's driving me nuts. I'm not saying I don't like it (I do! I really do!), but I'll be damned if I haven't heard it somewhere else before. A friend of mine suggested Final Fantasy... Anyone else hearing what I'm hearing? It just sounds so familiar, especially when it first starts up (roughly 30 seconds to a minute in).

If it's already been addressed, kindly point me towards whatever page it was on in this thread (tl;dr)

it actually always reminds me of a 50's TV show intro for some reason. like I Love Lucy. its pretty random, but maybe thats what you might be thinking of.

+1

Start/end of Resistance sends shivers down my spine every single time... And don't get me started on Exogenesis.

I listened to the album front to back with headphones on and my eyes closed and it was an amazing experience. I got so emotional so many times throughout the album and Exogenesis just topped it all off.

Okay, can anyone tell me what I'm thinking here?

I swear there is some movie score that has the exact same string scales that start at 1:16 or so in Overture.

It is driving me mad.

I know! I heard it for the first time, paused, and said, "What is that from?" I know it's something that I'll kick myself for later. A friend suggested Final Fantasy but I don't think that's right. It's on the tip of my brain but I can't seem to think of it...

EDIT: I think I've remembered it! Unfortunately, to verify, I'm going to have to go through all three "Lord of the Rings" soundtracks. I'm almost positive it might be from there though.

GOT IT!

Many Meeting from The Fellowship of the Ring... by Howard Shore.

Listen to the strings in the background.

THAAAAAAAAAAAANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

I KNEW I had heard it somewhere! At least I narrowed it down to Lord of the Rings (I was checking Lothlorien, then The Grey Havens, because I knew there was a choir in it). Ha! Good job!

...is it bad that is sounds, well, frighteningly similar?

You're right. The interesting thing is, I'm currently taking an upper-division Honors class on, what else, Tolkien. We meet Tuesdays, and that's when I'll have my shiny new CD :D

And it's only similar in that part. You're absolutely right, this is a happy moment.

Archived