How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

The whole thing is beautiful. The strings in Overture sound like something I've heard in a film soundtrack, but I can't recall which one.

Philip Glass of course. One minute into this reminds me of Overture in particular.

Being reminded of Philip Glass' work is a good thing though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTFS-JVxtQs&feature=related

I feel a little sorry for the people who get nothing from this song at all. It's stunning and it invokes some serious emotion. It doesn't put me on the verge of tears but it has a desirable effect. It's unfortunate that some people don't get the same reaction.

To the people who have heard it all before "a thousand times" I genuinely envy you. If I could find modern music being played to this standard everywhere then I'd be in a state of bliss. Of course sometimes a pop-romp is good to listen to as well but to me - this stands out as something to be celebrated. Exogenesis 10/10 from me.

I feel a little sorry for the people who get nothing from this song at all. It's stunning and it invokes some serious emotion. It doesn't put me on the verge of tears but it has a desirable effect. It's unfortunate that some people don't get the same reaction.

To the people who have heard it all before "a thousand times" I genuinely envy you. If I could find modern music being played to this standard everywhere then I'd be in a state of bliss. Of course sometimes a pop-romp is good to listen to as well but to me - this stands out as something to be celebrated. Exogenesis 10/10 from me.

:)

If this songs gets played live then they better hand out paper hankies....

... this is without a doubt the most beautiful piece of music I have had the pleasure to listen to. By the end of part 3 each time (literally) I have almost been in tears. It evokes emotion I never thought a peice of music could do.

Muse need to seriously think about retiring now cos this (and the album) will never EVER be bettered.

It is stunning! Listening to it last night with the rest of the album before, I was too exhausted to fully react but this morning, listening to it in isolation, it has made me weep. I think it's the quieter bits that have the greatest effect, such as soft vocal over sparse piano. It's wonderful and from someone predominantly known as a rock/pop musician rather than classical composer, pretty incredible I think.

However saying that, I was listening to Exogenesis indoors (I can't remember which part but had to leave it before it finished) got into the car to be greeted by "In Your World" blasting randomly from the car stereo and the transition was seemless!:D I think that makes it all the more special.

Archived