How good do you think that this song will be?  

105 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think that this song will be?

• Awesome!!!
    • Pretty Good.
    • Average.
    • Horrible.

It might sound strange, but I really do NOT want to know the lyrics for Exogenesis. It's all the more beautiful that way.

Overture is slowly becoming my favourite Muse song. Just...incredible.

I see where you're coming from. The vocals are a really powerful instrument on these tracks and so it doesn't really matter what the lyrics are.

No I think people will eventually see this is right up there. The problem is that modern thought thinks that nothing can match classics, I disagree.

Omg you have to be kidding :LOL:

I love it, it's great, for a rock band it's fantastic.

But it's just not in the same stratosphere as Beethoven or anyone else - Mozart, Mahler, Haydn, Dvorak....it's just completely incomparable.

Oh, lawdy lawd.

Omg you have to be kidding :LOL:

I love it, it's great, for a rock band it's fantastic.

But it's just not in the same stratosphere as Beethoven or anyone else - Mozart, Mahler, Haydn, Dvorak....it's just completely incomparable.

Oh, lawdy lawd.

I think this is a sad way to look at music. Respect the classics, but realize that things can be better. I'm not saying Exo is better than Beethoven... but holding the belief that nothing can be isn't right.

I love classical music, but Rock music is right up there in terms of overall importance, beauty, and staying power.

Well, in terms of emotion, that's irrelavant.

I mean, you could compare it to anything, emotionally, not just classical.

So the point of comparing it to 'classics' doesn't really stand, because that suggests your doing it musically, and theoretically. And on that level, it's just not in the same league at all.

What the music makes you feel is a different matter altogethor. I agree that it's just a beautiful - I was moved as much as the next guy. Honestly, I am a sucker :LOL:

I think you could do an epic mini film/video for this. It would have to be done by a really good visual artist, Muse have a habit of doing videos that don't do the songs justice (and are basically naff) so if they did something for this the person would have to be picked carefully.

Maybe something along the lines of the album artwork? Spacey/trippey landscapes :)

The public doesn't deserve Exogenesis. Keep it for those who deserve it.

This. I have a friend who really doesn't get Muse and she kept on slagging off the treasure hunt saying it was pointless etc :mad: It would really upset me to be honest if she were to listen to this, it would be wasted on her.

Each part is great in its own way. I like the Micro Cuts style of Overture, the guitar in Cross-Pollination, and the ending of Redemption. Bizarrely, it is at the same time bafflingly unnecessary and a wholly appropriate finale to The Resistance.

I don't here guitar in part 2 :(

you may call me crazy. I don't know how many of you went to the gigs in teignmouth. But if you did, you must have noticed the candle lanterns released from behind the stage, i think 2 or 3 were released, one during United States of Eurasia i think. But listen to this, if you read the lyrics from Part:2 of exogenesis (cross-pollination) it should sound quite convincing, at the gig the green lasers had clouds in them (the flat lasers), the lyrics say "rise above the crowd, and wade through toxic clouds (the green clouds)", they want people to get these lanterns i think. "we are counting on you, it's down to you, spread. our CODES to the stars", this is in interesting part. Codes on these lanterns?, i mean they have to come down eventually!, codes on them? will they release more over the up and coming tour and make a large message to put together as we all have the find them? "YOU MUST RESCUE US ALL" comes next, i mean there are too many coincidences in these lyrics? am i crazy, or obsessed or what i dont know? matt plays so many games with his hiding of songs and mind games before the resistance, on song names and things, could this be his master game? the REAL global treasure hunt? the final words say "what is your final wish?, we will tell it to the world" what could the reward be if it is real? the only way to find out is by finding a lantern and see whats on it, its always going to to be worth a try, they cant have gone far, the candle would have gone out eventually. i dunno if anyone else has been sad enough to think of this, i dont really know how i did to be honest, but now the idea is ou there (if it wasnt already) post your ideas or email them to me or talk on msn : johnson_8_cpfc@hotmail.com

What do you think? am i crazy?

I think this is a sad way to look at music. Respect the classics, but realize that things can be better. I'm not saying Exo is better than Beethoven... but holding the belief that nothing can be isn't right.

I love classical music, but Rock music is right up there in terms of overall importance, beauty, and staying power.

Your point is fair. Although I massively disagree.

However to say Rock music has the same Staying Power is based on what exactly? There will be thousands and thousands of "classical" pieces listened to in 100 years. I'm not so sure about Rock music. Rock music is similar to pop in that extent. There are very few tracks which remain relevant over time.

Exogenesis is contending to become my favourite ever Muse "song" as a unit.

You may call me crazy. I don't know how many of you went to the gigs in teignmouth. But if you did, you must have noticed the candle lanterns released from behind the stage; i think 2 or 3 were released, one during United States of Eurasia i think.

But listen to this, if you read the lyrics from Part:2 of exogenesis (cross-pollination) it should sound quite convincing, at the gig the green lasers had clouds in them (the flat lasers), the lyrics say "rise above the crowd, and wade through toxic clouds (the green clouds)". They want people to get these lanterns i think.

"we are counting on you, it's down to you, spread. our CODES to the stars", this is the interesting part.

Codes on the lanterns? I mean, they have to come down eventually! Codes on them? Will they release more over the up and coming tour and make a large message to put together as we all have the find them?

"YOU MUST RESCUE US ALL" comes next; i mean, there are too many coincidences in these lyrics! Am i crazy, or obsessed or what, i dont know! Matt plays so many games with his hiding of songs and mind games before the resistance, on song names and things: Could this be his master game? The REAL global treasure hunt?

The final words say "what is your final wish?, we will tell it to the world"; what could the reward be if it is real? the only way to find out is by finding a lantern and see whats on it, its always going to to be worth a try, they cant have gone far, the candle would have gone out eventually. I dunno if anyone else has been sad enough to think of this, i dont really know how i did to be honest, but now the idea is ou there (if it wasnt already) post your ideas or email them to me or talk on msn : johnson_8_cpfc@hotmail.com

What do you think? Am I crazy?

Sigh. There. It is now vaguely readable.

Archived