Great news :awesome:

As for defining this gig as a success, only things I can think of are the usual Muse barometers - if the songs go down well with the majority of the crowd and if the band feels the performances aren't too 'rusty'.

Only thing I'd be worried about there is that we know they judge the crowd's enjoyment on jumping around and shit, but a lot of the songs being voted for don't really elicit that (Glorious, SFA, Eternally Missed, FAWY, COD).

Just sing the songs as loud as we possibly can :LOL:

So someone met Matt last night and he apparently said that if SBE is a success they'll do more request gigs.

Not entire sure how they'd measure success though...

I'd hope they do one in Liverpool because they haven't done anything around the Merseyside like since 2009 (not here in the UK and even then missed chance to get tickets as this flew over me).

Is there a support act planned for this?

Yeah, there will be. They might still be looking for one if this gig was set up pretty last minute (which I get the vibe it was).

Hope it's like Biffy's Warchild show at SBE; headline act 'supports themselves'.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/biffy-clyro/2017/o2-shepherds-bush-empire-london-england-73f84631.html

Dude, we'd all love that but you're talking about a band that struggles to play for 1hr20/30mins without heavy filler - two sets in one night'll happen when hell freezes over :LOL:

I had an email last night saying my tickets have sold, but I still have 2 codes for the setlist vote. Reckon they will send them to the new buyers or should I give them to someone on here to use?

Interesting dilemma. No way to know without asking Settheset.

Edit: There's of course the problem that the tickets could go to someone who'd vote for the singles, any by giving them to someone on here you'd rule that out as a possibility... but you could be taking away that person's right to vote... in favour of the greater good?

Edited by ryanp16

I would've thought you'd be safe to use the codes tbh. Reckon SetTheSet will receive notice of the new buyers' email and send them fresh codes. At worst, STS might just wipe the votes attached to your email.

But, yeah, might be worth emailing them just in case.

So someone met Matt last night and he apparently said that if SBE is a success they'll do more request gigs.

Not entire sure how they'd measure success though...

Wish this meant they would do some of these in the US. Jealous of you guys that get to go. Sounds like it's going to be a blast.

Just realised - I hope there's some exclusive merch for this, ala R+L '11 and the Psycho Tour :facemelt:

Wish this meant they would do some of these in the US. Jealous of you guys that get to go. Sounds like it's going to be a blast.

They might do one, you never know!

When people asked them to bring the Psycho Tour to the US, the pulled out Webster Hall. Obvs one small gig is tough to get into, especially somewhere as big as the US, but at least it'd be something.

When people asked them to bring the Psycho Tour to the US, the pulled out Webster Hall. Obvs one small gig is tough to get into, especially somewhere as big as the US, but at least it'd be something.

Tbh I think we tend to underestimate the true size of the US. Webster Hall only has a capacity of 1500, and if you start on the west coast of Ireland the US reaches all the way into Kazakhstan. It's like saying if they never played in Europe that a tiny gig in Kazakhstan would at least be something for the Europeans. :LOL:

I had an email last night saying my tickets have sold, but I still have 2 codes for the setlist vote. Reckon they will send them to the new buyers or should I give them to someone on here to use?

Give one to me. I can handle the responsibility.

Hiya. I managed to buy the tickets on Thursday - have chased Ticketmaster a couple times for the voting codes - promise to everyone to vote responsibly when they send them!

Tbh I think we tend to underestimate the true size of the US. Webster Hall only has a capacity of 1500, and if you start on the west coast of Ireland the US reaches all the way into Kazakhstan. It's like saying if they never played in Europe that a tiny gig in Kazakhstan would at least be something for the Europeans. :LOL:

A good amount of fans managed to get into Webster Hall and I did not hear it be any more difficult than the average European Psycho Tour concert.. The worst part about the size of the US is travel not population.

Hiya. I managed to buy the tickets on Thursday - have chased Ticketmaster a couple times for the voting codes - promise to everyone to vote responsibly when they send them!

I'm curious what time of day did you manage to get your tickets? Wondering when returns go on sale!

I'm curious what time of day did you manage to get your tickets? Wondering when returns go on sale!

It was at 10.20am London time. Had been trying sporadically during the morning just in case and they came up

A good amount of fans managed to get into Webster Hall and I did not hear it be any more difficult than the average European Psycho Tour concert.. The worst part about the size of the US is travel not population.

Travel's pretty ridiculous. Even flying to a hub city can cost me $300-600, and once I get there getting around without renting a car can be impossible.

Not to mention I used to fly nearly monthly, and can only remember ONE time that my flight took off and landed anywhere near on time, meaning I always had to leave a day early and find accommodation for two days.

Also remember the presale screwup with Webster allowed far more fans to get tickets than would normally have happened.

A ton of people's codes didn't work, and they released another huge allotment of tickets to the presale once it got working again.

I don't think it would have worked out for so many people had that not happened, not to mention the people that gave up right away when it didn't work, or appeared sold out.

Travel's pretty ridiculous. Even flying to a hub city can cost me $300-600, and once I get there getting around without renting a car can be impossible.

Not to mention I used to fly nearly monthly, and can only remember ONE time that my flight took off and landed anywhere near on time, meaning I always had to leave a day early and find accommodation for two days.

Also remember the presale screwup with Webster allowed far more fans to get tickets than would normally have happened.

A ton of people's codes didn't work, and they released another huge allotment of tickets to the presale once it got working again.

I don't think it would have worked out for so many people had that not happened, not to mention the people that gave up right away when it didn't work, or appeared sold out.

Exactly. Taking Webster Hall for example, hopping on a flight to New York from Tennessee isn't easy and it definitely isn't cheap. I lucked out for this tour because they played Nashville and Atlanta and those are both 2 hour drives for me. The closest Drones tour location was about 7 or 8 hours away so I missed out last time they were in the states.