'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

2 hours ago, PhillC said:

Just had an email from Amazon UK shifting their delivery back to 19-21 December! They apologise for the delay and say am free to cancel - but now sold out on the MUSE store so am screwed - just hoping it comes in time for Xmas!

Exactly the same here. Very annoyed with Amazon as I placed the order on Sep 12th and actually shifted the order from HMV to Amazon based on them being bang on ref delivery.  Also paid £121 so hard to cancel when more expensive everywhere now 😡

Sitting through the NA demos in much better quality reading through the early RBD stories and photos, I’m in such a place rn 😭😭😭😭😭😭

❤️

Gutted about Falling With The Crowd and particularly Forameus though

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

God this whole thing is getting me so nostalgic (for a time I was only 0-2 for but y’know 😅). Idk about you lot but I’ve always had such a soft spot for the fabled Rocket Baby Dolls getup combined with the early demos, it’s almost like some folklore myth with the lack of photos from that show. Gahhh

I’ve dreamt a few times of being in some ‘one night only’ Rocket Baby Dolls tribute band show down in Devon full of other fans with all the makeup and costumes and whatnot. Well, ideally the band themselves’d be doing it but lmaooo nah. Surprised no one’s done it though (or they probs have and I haven’t been aware).

29 minutes ago, Tesseract said:

I ordered from the official shop like maybe an hour after it was announced, and it hasn't even shipped yet 😭 I'm mainly curious about the remasters. 

Getting to that now 👀 though I’m far from an expert on waveforms and mixing and shit so I can only give a layman’s opinion but hey ho

Edit: on MM so far and....I think it’s good 🤭 weird to get used to something I’ve listened to religiously for 10 years differently tho

ALSO THE PIB DEMO IS DIFFERENT TO THE ONE WE HAD BEFORE AND IT’S SIKKKKK

Sober sounds so different the fucj

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PhillC said:

Just had an email from Amazon UK shifting their delivery back to 19-21 December! They apologise for the delay and say am free to cancel - but now sold out on the MUSE store so am screwed - just hoping it comes in time for Xmas!

Yep same here but just noticed my credit card debited £121.99 this afternoon so here’s hoping!

Also BREAKING Matt thinks Con-Science is one of their absolute best songs and seemingly has for a long, long time. They also really like the emotional rawness of Showbiz and the only reason they’re slag it off a bit is ‘cos of the lack of big hooks (which is still silly but surprising).

I believe the kids call it ‘tea’

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jobby said:

Also BREAKING Matt thinks Con-Science is one of their absolute best songs and seemingly has for a long, long time. They also really like the emotional rawness of Showbiz and the only reason they’re slag it off a bit is ‘cos of the lack of big hooks (which is still silly but surprising).

I believe the kids call it ‘tea’

Now THIS is the content I'm here for.

I ordered it from the MUSE store. My theory is that they make more money if I buy it direct then if I buy from Amazon, but who the heck really knows. In any case, I live in Southern California and got mine yesterday. I'm digging through the CD's now and trying to read the history at the same time. The early stuff is rough, but some interesting proto-MUSE sounds. I hear a bit of "Break it to me" in track 07 of the Newton Demos (Balloonatic which I had never heard, but MUSE Wiki says was released as Twin on some sort of B side thingy). So glad I bought it!

So, finished my first peruse through. Really lovely package overall, totally lived up to my hopes in pretty much every way. The remastering’s good, from what I can tell, and the pull-outs and photos progressing along with the story really brings a lot of it home. Interview’s lovely, Beaumont really is the perfect choice. Lotta stuff you’ll already know but there’s still a fair amount of new takes/perspectives from the band and others that I found surprising at times and great to finally find out.

Literally my only gripe are the omissions of FWTC, Forameus and Shine Acoustic. I know the first 2 weren’t really officially released but it just seems so weird to leave those 3 things out, particularly Shine, when so much effort has gone into every other facet.

But god I love this band, come back soon lads ffs 💔

• Like 2

Ordered on Muse EU store on Dec 3 (the US store has sold out copies since late November), today they gave me my tracking number (fu**ing DHL, don't know how much gonna pay for more taxes... :(... ), in theory, it'll arrive on Dec 10.

Already heard the new (xD) 2 songs and for the most part are in the OK side (considering is in their early years).

Waiting for the day the boxset arrives to my home will be painful... xD...

there are a few hidden snippets on disc 1.  need time to get thru the rest.

ordered two extras in case there's some sort of a gaffe post-wise. 

gonna have to compare the remasters to see if i can detect any noticeable differences...jury's out. again, need, some time...

went thru the first couple tracks on vinyl...pressed decently. definitely not objectionable, really.

8 hours ago, PhillC said:

Just had an update from Amazon UK - now they say it has been dispatched and will arrive Monday - 🤞

Same here... mine has also been dispatched now (after I was given the option to cancel as delivery delayed to Dec 19th-Dec 21st)... glad I didn’t cancel!! ... think Amazon were fast asleep in the starting blocks for these orders, but at least they have put it right now... we hope! Looking forward to all the previously unreleased material especially Newton Abbott demos and early live recordings...

12 hours ago, Jobby said:

Sitting through the NA demos in much better quality reading through the early RBD stories and photos, I’m in such a place rn 😭😭😭😭😭😭

❤️

Gutted about Falling With The Crowd and particularly Forameus though

Wait, so Earthquake and Connect The Kettle Lead are not Forameus and Falling With The Crowd? 

Makes me both sad and excited in that case...