'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

Hi guys. Has anyone not received still. My wife ordered one in September for my only xmas present. Still no sign although payment taken from credit card. Bank said check customer service but that's vague so far no replies from email. Her log on details lost too. No tracking advice sent. I'm in UK so where do they send from and service. Bought from Muse.mu not other source. 

Happy xmas to all

Albie

On 12/27/2019 at 11:53 AM, Albie said:

Hi guys. Has anyone not received still. My wife ordered one in September for my only xmas present. Still no sign although payment taken from credit card. Bank said check customer service but that's vague so far no replies from email. Her log on details lost too. No tracking advice sent. I'm in UK so where do they send from and service. Bought from Muse.mu not other source. 

Happy xmas to all

Albie

Same here, I ordered through muse.mu on 9/7 and mine hasn't shipped. When I check order status just shows processing. So bummed I bought this for my wife for Christmas and can't even tell her it's just behind bc pretty sure if they couldn't fulfill a pre-order on day 2 it will ultimately get released. 

Ok, just finished the Newton Abbot demos .. I‘ve never listend to the whole thing on youtube, so it was „new“ to me. 

I totally agree with Matt, his voice got drowned so much! Anygot got any lyrics... tons of bass, and the riff at nearly the end of Good News, they still play it live right? What‘s it called (as a riff) , the kinda oriental melody .

Seriously, if I would have been aware of Muse during that time, I would have been a fan! The first couple of songs, exactly what I was listening to at that time. 

I would love to hear some songs live today! Wow! Their potential at that age was .. 👍😎

now on to the next disc, and .. here it all sounds clear, my ears are thanking me now . 
interesting versions of known songs, sometimes you sing along but oh wait .. there‘s an extra instrumental part in between 😅 or the song suddenly ends! Plug in baby is such a different song! Why is Pink ego box not on Showbiz! 

On to Showbiz, on vinyl first as I was waiting for this (hopefully) eargasm. And yes, I can hear sounds, piano-bits I couldn‘t hear on my old CD, maybe my CD is a crap recording .. I need to compare it song for song sometime, as well as comparing the old CD to the „new“ one of the box. 

Edited by Claudia O

7 hours ago, Claudia O said:

I totally agree with Matt, his voice got drowned so much! Anygot got any lyrics... tons of bass, and the riff at nearly the end of Good News, they still play it live right? What‘s it called (as a riff) , the kinda oriental melody .

Guessing you mean Vuilstamen at the end of Earthquake, it’s also at the start of the hidden track for that CD too.

Yeah, nice to hear it finally on a studio recording. For some reason, I’d never made the direct tie to Nature_1 despite knowing both ended the same.

Yes! Vuilstamen! Oh, Earthquake? Ok, only listened to it once so far, and wrote here after the CD ended. ..
Hm, somehow my player didn‘t play the secret track, need to try again tomorrow. 

I love Nature_1 and was surprised when I heard it, never knew it was such an old song 😅

Ok, listening to the second Showbiz-Vinyl now: Spiral static, either it’s not on my CD (not the one from the box) or I somehow never heard it before? It’ beautiful! 

There are kinda very high bells during the second verse of UNO? Never noticed before.. Sober grows on me, but I prefer the rougher earlier versions, sounds so polished here! I do love the (now clear) voices of Matt and Chris singing together 😍 

The last song, always special 😎

I‘m happy with it, on my old CD it sounded all so ... compressed. Like putit all into one big pot and blast it out ... 😅🤨

ok, 

Showbiz - B Sides 😍

Recess omg 👍🎉

Should I stop? If not, to be continued tomorrow.

Edited by Claudia O

3 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Ok, listening to the second Showbiz-Vinyl now: Spiral static, either it’s not on my CD (not the one from the box) or I somehow never heard it before? It’ beautiful! 

There are kinda very high bells during the second verse of UNO? Never noticed before.. Sober grows on me, but I prefer the rougher earlier versions, sounds so polished here! I do love the (now clear) voices of Matt and Chris singing together 😍 

The last song, always special 😎

I‘m happy with it, on my old CD it sounded all so ... compressed. Like putit all into one big pot and blast it out ... 😅🤨

ok, 

Showbiz - B Sides 😍

Recess omg 👍🎉😍😭

Should I stop? If not, to be continued tomorrow.

Spiral Static was the japanese bonus track, like Futurism, Fury and Glorious. Also the b-side to...Plug In Baby? 

• Like 1

Ah! I know Futurism, Fury and Glorious. Maybe because not many discussed Spiral static? When all the songs were still available on muse.mu I listened to all of them, can‘t remember this one!
I made myself a Spotify playlist with Muse- B-sides, and I just realised, yes, I forgot to add Spiral static :eek:

Edited by Claudia O

On 12/27/2019 at 1:53 PM, Albie said:

Happy xmas to all

Albie

Did you have any luck? I doubt there are any US fans in here, but has ANYBODY in the US received theirs yet? I ordered within hours of it being announced, from the Muse official store, and they're telling me it's backordered. I'm so upset with this. How do you pre-order something 3 months in advance and then a month after release it's on backorder? It would be nice to receive any kind of information on when it will be available, especially considering they took my money way back in September.

remastering on both SB and OoS is simply ramping down the bass (why?), ramping up the middles a bit, adding clarity to vocals, boosting the snare, and jacking up the treble equalizations to, again, add clarity to bits that may not have been really wanted in the first place.

nice to hear the various incorporations/layers a bit more, but not sure i'm satisfied with how the total RMs were executed...

What was your expectation on the remasters?

I think the original release of Showbiz was very compressed sounding, it had a muddy sound! Now it is clearer, more exciting for me. Still enough bass for me, in the right places. 
I already had OOS on heavyweight vinyl before, and I enjoyed it more than the CD. Still need to compare the box-edition to it.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:25 PM, michaelcj5 said:

Did you have any luck? I doubt there are any US fans in here, but has ANYBODY in the US received theirs yet? I ordered within hours of it being announced, from the Muse official store, and they're telling me it's backordered. I'm so upset with this. How do you pre-order something 3 months in advance and then a month after release it's on backorder? It would be nice to receive any kind of information on when it will be available, especially considering they took my money way back in September.

US fan here, I ordered from .Mu but figured it would get here late so I ended up cancelling and ordering on amazon. Try checking there or on Amazon.ca (Canada) or maybe even calling local record shops to see if they have any in stock. Might be a bit cheaper too

3 hours ago, iLikeCorvettes said:

US fan here, I ordered from .Mu but figured it would get here late so I ended up cancelling and ordering on amazon. Try checking there or on Amazon.ca (Canada) or maybe even calling local record shops to see if they have any in stock. Might be a bit cheaper too

Yeah, I saw that Amazon had it for about $20 cheaper after release, but it said it wouldn't ship until January. I can't understand how ordering a presale item through the official store wouldn't guarantee it's availability at time of release. I did just get an email a few hours ago that had a tracking number. Hopefully that means it will be shipping soon, and not that they're just trying to make me feel better so that I stop asking about it.

So I got the box for Christmas and I'm super happy with it! Especially since I didn't previously have Showbiz or OoS on vinyl (nor OoS on CD). Anyway I've just finally gotten around to comparing my old CD os Showbiz with the one from the box, and I really didn't notice much sonic difference, though the new one does have Spiral Static (and it's in the middle like on the records rather than tacked on the end) and there was definitely a different vocal in Falling Down. Wondering wether I should bother replacing the Showbiz files on my iPod with new ones ripped off the new CD. I think I'll at least add the new Falling Down with the different vocal take, label it a bonus track or something to differentiate it.

Has anyone noticed any sizable improvement in sound with the new CDs? Not that Showbiz (or especially OoS, which I've yet to get to) really needed much remixing/remastering in the first place, but I'd be curious to know if any more attuned or trained ears had picked up any significant differences in sound between the new CDs and any older editions.

Only just getting round to the Showbiz Live CD now (new releases of old stuff messes with my bootleg collection blah blah) and I’m gonna be kinda petty and say it’s a shame it’s just 2 chopped up gigs that were already out there in full.

Woulda been better to get stuff from the last Astoria gig in June, which was actually their own headline show. Or, if they were going for a kinda sandwich of early vs late from that era, something from the last Cavern Club gig in ‘99 or Cardiff Uni from the same Radio 1 tour. Though I guess I really don’t know what they potentially did or didn’t record at the time or kept a hold of over the years even if they did. But still, specific examples aside, woulda been nice to get some gigs we haven’t heard from before.

I still need to listen to the albums on CD from the box, first I do the other CDs and vinyls which I am continuing tomorrow 😁

I can’t say if I’m happy with the Showbiz-live-CD or not as I’ve never listened to many live audio-recordings, I prefer it with the videos to it. 

Instrumental demos for OOS - hm .. interesting ... I love it!

was this out there before? It seems nobody talks about them 🤔

CE instrumental :facemelt::love: 

i always loved the music itself, and Matts singing, sure .. but the melody on it‘s own is so :musesign:

😭😭😭

ok, I‘m not ok now .. 

can it get even better now? 

Uh? Somebody caughing during Megalomania 😂 ok 

Getting weirder ... what did Matt say at the start of Screenager? „oats“ ??

some caughing during Shrinking universe as well, not sure ..

and talking Matt (?) at the beginning of Shine ... sth about wind ... ? Wtf .. 

lovely!!! 

Edited by Claudia O

Hm

I‘m comparing the vinyl OOS to the one I already had, 180g as well. The one I already had sounds better! 😧

The one from the box has less bass, and my „old“ one sounds more raw. 
does this mean, I need to buy Showbiz on 180g vinyl now 🤯 I intended to buy Absolution anyway so ... 😂

btw, how is it possible that the new vinyls, before playing them ,have already light scratches and some cracking sounds (from dust..) AND it looks like glue on the vinyl on side D! I tried to wipe it away with warm water, it‘s almost gone but you hear it .. at least the needle is not jumping there!  The vinyls have been cut out badly too .Anyone else got such problems? 🤨

Edited by Claudia O

10 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Hm

I‘m comparing the vinyl OOS to the one I already had, 180g as well. The one I already had sounds better! 😧

The one from the box has less bass, and my „old“ one sounds more raw. 
does this mean, I need to buy Showbiz on 180g vinyl now 🤯 I intended to buy Absolution anyway so ... 😂

btw, how is it possible that the new vinyls, before playing them ,have already light scratches and some cracking sounds (from dust..) AND it looks like glue on the vinyl on side D! I tried to wipe it away with warm water, it‘s almost gone but you hear it .. at least the needle is not jumping there!  The vinyls have been cut out badly too .Anyone else got such problems? 🤨

I read some Amazon reviews of people having those problems. :( I think my vinyl discs are all fine quality and don't have any glue or anything on them. One of the things I've heard since getting into records is that there are so few operational record factories anymore, that demand often far outweighs supply and corners get cut in the record making process. Either that or the new factories that have started still don't have the process nailed down perfectly yet. I think I heard about this in an interview with someone from Jack White's Third Man Records.

It‘s sad. I’ve watched documentaries about too less record factories.. one, I guess it is innGermany, still works with the old machines but if parts get broken they can‘t assure they can fix it again, if they‘d get new parts for it at all! I bought new records recently and they are all totally fine. It could be that the pressings collided with the pressings for Record Store Day in autumn, and they were rushed through? 

Guess where the glue is on?

At the end of Futurism! The only song that‘s NOT on the vinyl I already had before 😭 

2 hours ago, Claudia O said:

It‘s sad. I’ve watched documentaries about too less record factories.. one, I guess it is innGermany, still works with the old machines but if parts get broken they can‘t assure they can fix it again, if they‘d get new parts for it at all! I bought new records recently and they are all totally fine. It could be that the pressings collided with the pressings for Record Store Day in autumn, and they were rushed through? 

Guess where the glue is on?

At the end of Futurism! The only song that‘s NOT on the vinyl I already had before 😭 

Do you think you'd ask for a replacement copy?