'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

17 hours ago, Jobby said:

What, it was so tough for them to listen to they just got the bare minimum out of the way? 😂

There's a chance they didn't have a role in the remaster, they might have just let it be handled by someone else without listening to the final result even once

8 hours ago, FabriPav said:

Also, the artwork is lazy as fuck.

yeah, although all of their "rigid box sets" have been some form/version of that minimalistic look with MUSE on the front.  maybe they didn't want to stray too far away from that pattern...which, yes, is lazy.  

as for the vinyl, a mix of blues for showbiz and mix of yellow/orange for OoS.  maybe they could've marbled/splattered the wax or something...

and then you have the woman overlaying that blood orange-ified OoS album cover art in that one mock-up.  don't know what to say about that...

Edited by frutiger75

most of the Demo's, on Origin Of Muse are already out there.

only Five more tracks from the Newton Abbot Demo Era, are now available in the Box Set, that are not already available.

I'm sure there is a Sticker on the back of  an early Promo CD, telling us they had many more  tracks  to choose from, before recording Showbiz.

and an Interview I have listened too, telling us they had  recorded many Instrumental Demo tracks ,  from pre Showbiz Era.

and no early early tracks from 1994/1995/1996.

and they must have early Demo Recordings of Plug In Baby & Bliss, and others from Origin Of Symmetry.  as they played them live in 2000, before Origin Of Symmetry was recorded.

the early live versions of Plug In Baby & Bliss are much different, from the finished versions on Origin Of Symmetry,  it would have been great to hear early Demo Studio Recordings of these songs.

there are also some Demo tracks, fron an official Maverick Records, Origin Of Symmetry, New Tracks Promo CD, that are not included.

how hard would it have been to have include them?.

as for the live stuff, no Video content.

and there are so many complete Gigs from 1999 & 2000 to choose from, and all We get are bits and pieces of Audio.

great Band, but very poor effort in My opinion.

Sharky.

They’ve worked on it a fair while tbf and it’s not really like them to rush out some half-arsed release just for cash. I’d expect it all to be good quality stuff.

Curious about the Origin remaster. My favourite album of all time and one I’ve listened to the songs of literally 1000s of times for 10 years...can’t imagine it sounding different. Showbiz is different ‘cos it’s something I’ve actively really wanted. Doesn’t seem to mention if the b-sides are remastered, or is that just me? Would be a shame.

• Like 3

How are people complaining about this? "Poor effort," really? They clearly put a lot of effort into this and it's packed with content. They never said it was going to be jam-packed with every bit of unreleased content they could find. There's still as much, if not more, unreleased content than I was expecting, and the rest of it is a lot more than I was expecting. The book itself looks really well made as well.

Also, if you genuinely think this is simply a cash grab then I guess you think literally anything a band releases besides albums is a cash grab. Of all things to call a cash grab 🙄

Edited by OriginOfAbso
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, OriginOfAbso said:

How are people complaining about this? "Poor effort," really? They clearly put a lot of effort into this and it's packed with content. They never said it was going to be jam-packed with every bit of unreleased content they could find. There's still as much, if not more, unreleased content than I was expecting, and the rest of it is a lot more than I was expecting. The book itself looks really well made as well.

Also, if you genuinely think this is simply a cash grab then I guess you think literally anything a band releases besides albums is a cash grab. Of all things to call a cash grab 🙄

never mentioned MOney!.

just saying, many Demo's are missing from the Box Set

see Pohto below.

Sharky.

muse new tracks october 2000 maverick promo back.jpg

5 minutes ago, sharky said:

never mentioned MOney!.

see Pohto below.

Sharky.

The money part was directed towards Fabri.

Again, I don't know why you assumed all these unreleased demos would be on there. They never said anything specific. They put 9 Origin-era instrumental demos on there as well.

can't help My Nickname.

all I'm saying, is the  Band have left many Demo's from Showbiz & Origin Of Symmetry Era out of this Box Set.

how many times were the songs from both albums, and the B-sides, rehearsed & recorded before the final cuts?.

I would love to hear, say the early recorded Demo's of Bliss, and the changes from one recording too the next, and on Bliss progressed, until the final finished edit.

I want to hear thr real Origins of the songs from that Era.

I look forward to hearing tracks I have not heard before.

but they could have given us so much more.

Sharky.

9 hours ago, sharky said:

can't help My Nickname.

all I'm saying, is the  Band have left many Demo's from Showbiz & Origin Of Symmetry Era out of this Box Set.

how many times were the songs from both albums, and the B-sides, rehearsed & recorded before the final cuts?.

I would love to hear, say the early recorded Demo's of Bliss, and the changes from one recording too the next, and on Bliss progressed, until the final finished edit.

I want to hear thr real Origins of the songs from that Era.

I look forward to hearing tracks I have not heard before.

but they could have given us so much more.

Sharky.

So basically you want to hear every recorded version of every song.

Like I said, they did put never-before-heard Origin instrumental demos on there, so we will hear how the songs sounded before the final recordings. There's also an early version of Plug in Baby with the Newton Abbot Demo CD.

I see what he’s saying tbh, the vast majority (if not all) is stuff that was already out there in one form or another. Ideally it would’ve been nice to hear some more stuff we that was totally new (though I guess we still don’t technically know what songs these new titles belong to yet so who knows). Woulda loved the heavy MOYH myself.

But it’s still a great package, can’t complain. Even if tapes of this stuff had leaked before, I’m assuming this’ll be much better quality, plus lyrics that we were unsure of, early setlists and I’m looking forward to this 90 min interview. More than anything, it’s just nice to see them embrace pre-Origin stuff this lovingly. The way they’ve talked about it at times in the past, you’d think they’d practically disowned it.

Now club tour it ya frauds

18 hours ago, OriginOfAbso said:

So basically you want to hear every recorded version of every song.

Like I said, they did put never-before-heard Origin instrumental demos on there, so we will hear how the songs sounded before the final recordings. There's also an early version of Plug in Baby with the Newton Abbot Demo CD.

there is some stuff on Origin Of Muse, I'm really looking forward to hearing.

but much of it is already out there.

but there is so much missing, from their early Years, that they are holding on to.

Box Set should be titled  'Some Of Origin Of Muse, But So Much Withheld'.'.

You really should  find out, how many Songs they had available, at the time of recording Showbiz.

or are You telling Me, they never recorded Demo's of them?.

and many different variations, both Musically and Lyrically, before deciding the final cuts for both Showbiz and Origin Of Symmetry, and all the B-Sides.

Plug In Baby is the perect example.

I was chatting to someone at one of the recent Royal Blood shows at the start of August and he said that Muse would be releasing this in time for Christmas which it seems he was right about and also said that someone close to the band (roadie or crew possibly) had mentioned something about a November Origin of Muse tour. just wondering if anyone else knows about this and please let me know if this comment isn't allowed 

they had to get a 20-year anniversary release out in 2019, otherwise the release would look a bit foolish/tardy.  i wouldn't be surprised if warner is planning on posting pre-orders out even a bit early, given the heavy amount of general holiday mailings.  the band is also, perhaps, employing a smaller pressing plant for the vinyl, as that is what usually causes delays of releases.

stay tuned...

On 9/13/2019 at 3:25 PM, lew99 said:

I was chatting to someone at one of the recent Royal Blood shows at the start of August and he said that Muse would be releasing this in time for Christmas which it seems he was right about and also said that someone close to the band (roadie or crew possibly) had mentioned something about a November Origin of Muse tour. just wondering if anyone else knows about this and please let me know if this comment isn't allowed 

This comment is indeed NOT allowed on the basis that it makes my emotions unstable.

I was enjoying myself too much in London to even think about asking crew 😩 I did mention it in a letter I wrote and hopefully got through to the band though, so if it happens I’m afraid I’ll have to take credit

On 9/10/2019 at 9:12 AM, sharky said:

never mentioned MOney!.

see Pohto below.

Sharky.

I don't think these are Demo's. OoS was being recorded during this period. I assume these are from the David Bothril session who's credited with producing NewBorn, Bliss, Plug In Baby and Darkshines. I woonder if one of the PiB mixes is of 2000 -era version of the song. No idea what the other is though.....

2 hours ago, Silentgod86 said:

I don't think these are Demo's. OoS was being recorded during this period. I assume these are from the David Bothril session who's credited with producing NewBorn, Bliss, Plug In Baby and Darkshines. I woonder if one of the PiB mixes is of 2000 -era version of the song. No idea what the other is though.....

well they are not the finished versions on O.O.S.

would have been nice to hear them.

they are holding back many songs, what about the alternative, so called Different Take of Muscle Museum?.

no Demo of that recorded?.

just listen to the changes in Plug In Baby & Bliss from the 2000 Tour, then compare them, to a few Months later, when they recorded the finshed versions on O.O.S.

would have been fantastic to hear the early 2000 Demo's of Bliss, New Born & Plug In Baby,.

and the Guitar version of Bliss, that was played live in 2000, surely there is a Demo?.

sadly it's not meant to be.