'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

14 hours ago, Jobby said:

Sitting through the NA demos in much better quality reading through the early RBD stories and photos, I’m in such a place rn 😭😭😭😭😭😭

❤️

Gutted about Falling With The Crowd and particularly Forameus though

Gutted by what? 

Edit: just saw your post further on about how they aren't in the box. Annoyingly, I can't delete my post. 

Also, in what way does Sober sound different?

Edited by Timbo59

12 hours ago, Jobby said:

Also BREAKING Matt thinks Con-Science is one of their absolute best songs and seemingly has for a long, long time. They also really like the emotional rawness of Showbiz and the only reason they’re slag it off a bit is ‘cos of the lack of big hooks (which is still silly but surprising).

I believe the kids call it ‘tea’

I've always loved Con-science. Interesting to hear how much he loves that song. And Muscle Museum doesn't have a big hook??

Would also like to confirm that the alt. Recess is in fact pretty much that heavier live version, just has some piano in it as well. Dunno why some people described it as mellow.

3 hours ago, Zolic said:

Wait, so Earthquake and Connect The Kettle Lead are not Forameus and Falling With The Crowd? 

Makes me both sad and excited in that case... 

Yeah IK, Shine Acoustic’s in the Origin Demos and it’s nice but the final version had so much potential for a lovely remaster 💔

Kettle Lead’s the better of the two imo, most similar to Forameus. Chris has some good backing yells on it, particularly the last scream.

2 hours ago, Timbo59 said:

Gutted by what? 

Edit: just saw your post further on about how they aren't in the box. Annoyingly, I can't delete my post. 

Also, in what way does Sober sound different?

Turns out I was actually listening to the MM EP version lmao. The old bootleg download I’d had for a decade must’ve just had the album version instead.

Showbiz has some noticeable new (or at least I don’t think I’d noticed them before) panning backing vox during the ‘rhythms of greed’ verses that are pretty fing cool though. Host, too, in the first verse.

2 hours ago, Timbo59 said:

I've always loved Con-science. Interesting to hear how much he loves that song. And Muscle Museum doesn't have a big hook??

I think he kinda combined his definition of ‘hook’ with ‘heavy’. The examples he gives to compare are New Born, PIB and the Hysteria bassline. There isn’t really anything like those on the album I guess, and they feel it’s a big part of their identity (and they’re not wrong tbf). That’s why they started to throw stuff like the Pre-Sunburn, Ashamed, Minimum etc riffs into gigs and b-sides ended up having more of that. Though that’s one of the biggest reasons I actually love Showbiz so much, for being the only album to do that really.

I feel like I’m potentially spoiling it for people who don’t have it yet though so I’ll try to stop, am just excited.

Edited by Jobby
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Zolic said:

One more spoiler though. How does Reading 2011 sound? 

Brill, might well be the best Muse live recording I’ve heard mix-wise. Right up there for sure.

Honestly if they remastered Black Holes like this, I don’t think I’d survive.

Side note but Agitated is particularly fucking brutal. Was honestly a bit taken aback on first listen.

Edited by Jobby

1 hour ago, Zolic said:

One more spoiler though. How does Reading 2011 sound? 

Mega. Very raw - in the best way. No obvious cleanup going on, really good. And I wonder whether there's Q-Sound or something else been added to it to give it more 3D depth. It almost sounds like a surround sound recording at times - even though there's nothing coming out of my rear speakers. There's so much depth in parts of it  - the piano at the beginning of SD in particular.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jobby said:

Showbiz has some noticeable new (or at least I don’t think I’d noticed them before) panning backing vox during the ‘rhythms of greed’ verses that are pretty fing cool though. Host, too, in the first verse.

You mean, it's not 'visions of greed'?

aw heck

Not OOM specific but I’m a big fan of the new final Falling Down scream as well. Heard about if for a while on certain streaming places but never really bothered to seek it out. Used to hate both the screams in FD but now that there’s a progression to how each chorus is delivered it kinda works.

On 12/8/2019 at 2:18 AM, Boombleeb said:

You mean, it's not 'visions of greed'?

aw heck

Pretty sure he’s sung both at times tbf.

As a Muse fan and song completest, I was curious to hear from the other experts on here regarding the Newton Abbot Demos cd. 

Can anyone confirm that the only two songs previously released that aren't featured on the cd are "Falling with the crowd" and "Forameus"?

As far as the digital copy I made from the new demo cd, would it make sense for me to delete my old copy of the Newton Abbot Demo and just keep the above two tracks and tag them as tracks 17 and 18?
http://www.musewiki.org/Newton_Abbot_demo_(demo)

Apologies in advance if this sounds stupid. 

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, kueller said:

Clearly the high point of this clip was the epic fail trying to tear the cardboard open before opting for the much simpler pull-tab. 😂

Great job though. Mine just arrived an hour ago and I haven't gotten around to opening it yet. I'll definitely go for the pull tab though. Thanks for the instructional video. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iLikeCorvettes said:

So has anyone figured out a way to rip track 0 of the newton abbot demo using windows? It doesn’t show up for me on windows media player or on the file explorer but I was able to hear it play on my Xbox 

Use the program Exact Audio Copy (EAC). Insert the CD, run gap detection (press F4), then select track 1 Cave (it should be highlighted in red) and click “copy selected tracks index-based.”

exactaudiocopy.org

• Thanks 1