'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

Haven't seen any discussion of this yet, and I figured it deserved its own thread. Matt said on the KROQ interview here http://kroq.cbslocal.com/2017/05/18/muse-dig-down/ (@10:14) that they will be releasing a sort of reissue of the first two albums that will be called 'Origin of Muse.' As an "autobiography" of the music, it includes the story of how those albums came about as well as rare and unheard music. Matt hopes to have it out this fall.

I was just checking to see if there was any discussion on this yet.

I'm intrigued.

Also: this release coincides with my gig in September I wonder if they plan on touring any of it.

Edited by altbecky

Also: this release coincides with my gig in September I wonder if they plan on touring any of it.

Would hopefully coincide with the 3 UK gigs as well. The thought of 'wonder if they rediscover one or two songs and decide to bring them back' did cross my mind but there's no way I'm holding out any hope :chuckle:

And just like that, Matt reels the alienated fans right back into his arms.

Late 2017 early 2018 is gonna be full of disappointment because people gave them one more chance and bought tickets in the hopes of getting oldies as part of the re-issue. Spoiler: there were no oldies.

But hey the reissue sounds cool.

And just like that, Matt reels the alienated fans right back into his arms.

Late 2017 early 2018 is gonna be full of disappointment because people gave them one more chance and bought tickets in the hopes of getting oldies as part of the re-issue. Spoiler: there were no oldies.

But hey the reissue sounds cool.

(For the record, I don't actually think any rarities will pop up as a result of this, the thought just crossed my mind. Only thing I'm hyped about is the release, never thought we'd get something like this :awesome:)