'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

Honestly, early demos of song we already have is what I'm hoping for, for that exact reason. I'd rather hear how their best songs started out rather than something to which they said "actually guys, Jimmy Kane is better".

Actually really hope there's a good recording of the early Plug in Baby

Also, this reissue is a great idea and will be brilliant if it happens, but for now I'd be cautious of it going the same way of the Zepp 2013 DVD that never was

Shhh, Wembley 2010 is Coming Soon, damn it! :chuckle:

Honestly, early demos of song we already have is what I'm hoping for, for that exact reason. I'd rather hear how their best songs started out rather than something to which they said "actually guys, Jimmy Kane is better".

This. Besides, I like a lot of their early demos. They're not great, but charming in a youthful, straight to the point kind of way.

Any word on if the albums themselves are getting remastered?

I know I mention Bowie too much, but I heard one of the examples that remastering would hurt is Starman from Ziggy Stardust.

It depends on how much they want to do, really. OoS and Showbuz both sound good still, so I don't know if it would be necessary.

yes, and RAIN :rolleyes:

We've already got Rain in full on the Newton Abbot demo, no?

Would love to finally hear Origin Of Symmetry and Love Bleach. Other than that, remasters of the '97 PIB/Virtual Reality and HTAILY demos would be lurvely. Maybe a Screenager/Razor Blades demo too. Not getting my hopes up though, particularly for those first two.

Doubt it would be I clouded, but if they'd ever done a demo for the version of PIB with the extended outro that would be a dream.

Them live performances from 2000 ('specially Bizarre Fest) :facemelt:

Edited by LewisF

I always hated those early versions of PIB. I think it was just because unlike most Muse songs after that, I heard the polished album version (which is just about as close to perfection as Muse have got) before I heard the rough version which just sounds shonky.

That said, I heard the shonky version of Bliss after the album version but I still think that's quite cool with the strange arpeggiating organ think Matt used in 2000. The early version of Hysteria also sounds very odd now considering what a good job they did with it in the studio.

To be honest, the main reason I love those versions is due to the extended vocal outro. Evething prior to that point I do vastly prefer the album version, but for me the ending of the early version tops it. If only they'd kept it for the album, that would have been ace

Would actually rather if they'd do a Tesseract-esque rerecording/reimagining of the albums rather than a remaster.

In case you're wondering what the fuck I'm on about:

Original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=721zOV-6Wz8

Rerecording:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztsdP4gwbMA

Then again it would probably be awful to mess with the legacy of the albums.