'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

And just like that, Matt reels the alienated fans right back into his arms.

Late 2017 early 2018 is gonna be full of disappointment because people gave them one more chance and bought tickets in the hopes of getting oldies as part of the re-issue. Spoiler: there were no oldies.

But hey the reissue sounds cool.

Ugh, this was exactly my thought when I read it; how long ago did that picture of "old footage" show up and then we never heard about it again?

The entire Drones cycle has completely soured me on how the band treats its older, or "hardcore" fans.

If you're going in a different musical direction, if you're not going to play a single live song for them, then just move on and let them do so too. Don't keep dangling shit in front of them that never materializes, or completely disappoints (CE sequel...)

If you want to engage these fans, play a song for them at gigs, interact with them, maybe don't write the theme song for the CW network...

I do wonder how many quality songs could still be left lying around with how many B-Sides they were churning out at that time, too. Do we get some stuff that's just absolutely dire, but it's exciting to see their "journey"? :chuckle:

I'd even be well up for just some demos and alternate versions of songs we already know.

Like I said before, gimme some o' dat Map Of Your Headache.

Yeah I don't think Matt specifically said it was unheard songs, just unheard material. I'm thinking more old demos and such as well.

Honestly, early demos of song we already have is what I'm hoping for, for that exact reason. I'd rather hear how their best songs started out rather than something to which they said "actually guys, Jimmy Kane is better".

Honestly, early demos of song we already have is what I'm hoping for, for that exact reason. I'd rather hear how their best songs started out rather than something to which they said "actually guys, Jimmy Kane is better".

^^^

(tho guys can we pls take it a bit easier on jimmy kane jeez)