'Origin of Muse'

Tesseract

Ahh. Pretty glad they got rid of all that guff tbh :LOL:. Thing I love most about PIB is how tight and concise it is. Same with Hysteria. For me, they are Muse's two most polished / honed songs they've ever produced while still be the very essence of Muse and also extremely popular songs.

• 3 weeks later...
Now Howard has explained in a new interview: “We putting together a book with some remastered vinyl. We remastered the first two albums ‘Showbiz‘ and ‘Origin of Symmetry’. We’re putting together a package with a lot of historic content. Bits and pieces like photographs, music and some really old demos. All sorts of old stuff that basically attempts to tell a story from where we started as a band when we were kids in school to ‘Origin of Symmetry’.”

He added: “It’s going to be a very elaborate vinyl package. There’s gonna be some other bits of music. There’s a story about how the music has changed from being kids to recording ‘Origin of Symmetry’ because we changed so much as a band over those first few years. It was a bizarre journey we took musically. We’re just trying to tell people that story and release the albums and a bunch of rarities.”

SOURCE

I hope it isn't only vinyl release.

Doubt it would be just vinyl tbf. Most remasters when other bands have done it have had CD versions too.

Is there much work you can do on Origin? Tbh I think there's more scope for reworking on Absolution and Black Holes given the loudness war's effects on their production.

Yeah, not sure what they could do to make Origin sound much better. Maybe make the Micro Cuts outro less tinny? That might just be down to the guitar tone though.

Showbiz, I'm more keen on. Lotta tracks could do with a little more breathing room and beefing up to sound a bit less washed out. Not in desperate need like Abso or Black Holes, but could defo benefit.

I think CE could use some more clarity in the guitar solo and piano. Not sure if that's possible in a remaster or not.

Also I'm totally gonna take credit since Dom answered my question in the message board Q&A about remastering earlier albums for vinyl.

I'd love Sunburn with piano solo.

Really doubt they're actively changing stuff like that. I imagine a lot of the backing piano on Showbiz will be a bit clearer though.

(also Sunburn's guitar solo >>>>> piano solo)

Also I'm totally gonna take credit since Dom answered my question in the message board Q&A about remastering earlier albums for vinyl.

*ahem* iirc, it may have actually originated as one of the questions I wanted to ask but couldn't and gave to other people instead :phu:

I think Dom's answer was pretty much 'no' though so I imagine they've just changed their minds and neither of us deserve any credit :chuckle:

Ah right, didn't know that tbh. Whenever I've listened with earphones it sounded a lot like the strings to me.

Either way would love them to be turned up. Think there's a version demonstrating that on YouTube somewhere iirc

• 2 weeks later...
uh... :unsure:

Yeah I know this one's getting a vinyl release too, I'd love to see a CD though popping up somewhere in Poland - just saying. That's where I got to buy "The Resistance". :rolleyes:

I mean, I could online shop for it if it ever pops up, but my credit card is not enabled to do so yet.