I suspect that there will be a less-than-enthusiastic reaction to sets with DD, SH and TC but no DI and only about 3 minutes worth of TH and Reapers.

Is that not the case with pretty much any new album’s sets that don’t include an old rarity/fan favourite or two though?

Their best 5 songs since BHAR:

Exogenesis: Overture

Animals

The Handler

Dead Inside

The Dark Side

The Dark Side

Break it to Me

The Handler

Dead Inside

MK ULTRA

For me. Propaganda, Madness and Exogenesis Parts one and three are both up there though for me.

I always forget how high the highs on Drones are for me. Dead Inside is legit top five Muse songs material.

Yeah same. Guess for me it's that the highs are so few and far between that it makes them easy to forget about.

Only songs I still listen to are DI and TH with the occasional viewing of a live version of Psycho. Rest is very forgettable.

I find Reapers quite unlistenable, sadly. The verses are so boring. The production throughout is weird. The solo is annoying until the last bit. The outro is underwhelming.

The Handler is great but the bridge could have more going on.

Aw, that's a shame. I came away from that song thinking I wouldn't mind if Muse made a whole album in that classic rock vein. The style just seemed to fit their over-the-top style and technical ability like a glove.

not really bothered about Reapers in all honesty. The Handler however is up there with some of the best they've done and the bridge is probably my favourite part.

I saw the first performance of Reapers. I really thought Drones might be challenging Origin after seeing that gig. I like Dead Inside, don't mind Mercy so much but everything after The Handler disappointed me on Drones. Defector is ok, the first half of The Globalist interests me. I guess there's only 4 songs off the album I'm really that bothered about

Edited by Mozza

For me, Dead Inside through Revolt (inclusive) is all great. Sure, Defector is repetitive and Revolt bubblegum (I like it, it reminds me of Showbiz era Muse), but it's a very solid run. I actually don't mind Mercy at all tbh, I just wish they'd done a bit more with the synths in it.

I can't quite pinpoint a top 5 over the last four albums because my enjoyment of the ST tracks is still evolving a bit. Break It to Me is probably my favorite off the album, but even that I'm having a hard time comparing to past work.

So this isn't official but I'll give it a shot:

1. The Handler

2. Dead Inside

3. Overture

4. Isolated System

5. Break It to Me

I'm liking the love being shown for Overture :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm sure we got 15 second snippets of the Resistance songs before album release, then got 30 second versions a couple of days later? Either way, I've never been so drawn to a song based on a small clip as much as I have with Overture. When I heard the full song I was completely blown away.

Still no idea what Matt is singing tho but it sounds so good.