It does seem trollish to keep coming back despite only having negative things to say. I feel like the normal human response would be to just go ‘eh, don’t like it’ and move on, maybe jokingly disagree with people who say they do.

Like, you don’t see me going to the effort of dragging up the Aftermath thread every few days.

Oh fuck this album has made my year :LOL:

I'm in love with it. The whole thing would make my Muse SNob playlist apart from 3.. considering only 3 tracks from Drones made it hahaha

I have a weird new keyboard with my phone so excuse my typing. I've just been spaffing all over the place about muse, then it occurred to me that there is a message board for such things

I have no problem calling shit music shit, here let me show you

You know that Radiohead album King of Limbs, it's shit, just like Kid A

And butthurt is not the word, I'm literally stunned that people like this album, I can't wrap my head around it and I've listened to it several times now, it's not good

Apart form 3 or 4 songs, this album is in my opinion only average at best. Even the better songs are not that good. It seems for some, the more boring the song is, the better it is. BITM i just cant listen to. The Void is growing on me, but still not the best.

Blockades is overrated. It seems Blockades becomes favourite in ST for its 'rock' sounds. I rate this song as same as Exo-Politics level.

Apart form 3 or 4 songs, this album is in my opinion only average at best. Even the better songs are not that good. It seems for some, the more boring the song is, the better it is. BITM i just cant listen to. The Void is growing on me, but still not the best.

BITM is the most interesting track on the album and you can't listen to it. Then complaining about boring songs. I just don't understand your point.

I don't have a problem with the band wanting to do new things, it's that those things should be quality not shit. Ergo, Radiohead.

these remarks warrant responses/comments on many fronts, yet i'm not inclined to give you the time of day to read any of what i have to say.

i'm refraining from confrontation rn.

...unless i come back to this thread tomorrow and feel differently, hah.

Blockades is overrated. It seems Blockades becomes favourite in ST for its 'rock' sounds. I rate this song as same as Exo-Politics level.

BITM is the most interesting track on the album and you can't listen to it. Then complaining about boring songs. I just don't understand your point.

You say it's interesting, that's your opinion. My opinion is different. I listened to it again and i still don't like it. Maybe i need to listen to it like 30 times and then it might grow on me.

Hot Cakes:

it wasn't that bad for an album by The Darkness, but not certainly my favourite one.

What mainly makes Blockades as a... "make-it" (lol) song to me is the pre-chorus/chorus sections (which have such an orgiastic, epic singalong mood), and also the gallopping rhythm in the verses coupled with the classic "Muse© Synth Arpeggios©".

But yes, I can see where you're coming from: it's the mandatory Musey-Muse track that just can't be absent from their albums, which a good number of self-proclaimed "old Muse fans" (I'm not exactly talking about people in here, just in case you all wonder) will inevitably drool on. If you get a look at many comments on FB pages and groups dedicated to the band, official one included, they reflect this kind of mentality. And I find it quite sad.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider