Also not in order:

1 The Handler

2 MK Ultra

3 Unnatural Selection (live)

4 Animals (live)

5 Survival (possibly, somehow?!!!)

(honourable mentions: USoE, Isolated System, Algorithm, The Dark Side, Break It To Me, The Void [Acoustic])

1 Aftermath

2 Revolt

3 Save Me

4 Liquid State

5 Psycho - as much as I’d get into the spirit of it live ...

(dishonourable mentions: The Globalist [would’ve been on instead of Psycho, but I don’t mind some of the sections separately], Mercy, Explorers)

Doesn’t look quite right to me somehow, but I’ll commit to it for now. Despite no ST tracks breaking the top 5, I prefer it as a whole album over T2L and Drones and found it more fun than The Resistance :p

Edited by LoganMH

Top 5 last four:

USoE

Reapers

Revolt

Madness

Exogenesis (part 3 if I have to pick just one)

Bottom 5 last four:

Follow Me

Liquid State

DD

TC

Big Freeze

I still love ST and hold it over T2L, but I think now I’m seeing those couple of duds and the shortness of it really weigh it below being one of my all time favs. TR and Drones are still better, and yes I enjoy Aftermath.

Top 5 (in a vague order starting from best):

Redemption

Algorithm

Reapers

The Dark Side (AR version)

United States of Eurasia

(Honourable mentions: The Handler, The Void, Overture, Unnatural Selection, Break It To Me, Animals, Isolated System, all of which could be 5th tbh)

Bottom 5 (from least bad to worst):

Explorers

Get Up and Fight

Thought Contagion

Aftermath

I'm Collapsing In Stellar Clouds of Gas

Took me a while but I have finally infused the new album into my superduper ultimate 10 years in the making Muse playlist. It now reads (first section) -

exogenesis part 1

Thought Contagion

Dig down

Madness

Prelude + Survival

Algorithm (alt)

Take a Bow

Something Human (acoustic)

Dark Side

Mercy

Resistance

Undisclosed desires

Bliss

Butterflies

Blockades

Supermassive BH

Time is Running Out

Supremacy

Unsustainable

STarlight

Uprising

MK Ultra

Knights

Revolt

Get Up and Fight

Glorious

Invincible

Soaked

United States

Guiding Light

Follow Me

Save Me

Aftermath

2nd part (the post nuclear descent into the metallic core of the playlist lol) will follow.

I played through it and it literally melts my brain. Anyway my only remaining issue is maybe Dark Side isa bit down beat to play after Something Human, not sure if anyone can suggest improvement on that. I expect lots of flames, which is awesome fun too! Criticism is the juiciest part of life!

Edited by Museings

I wanna play too, even if I'm not sure how this relates to the thread title.

Best 5 (not in order)

The Handler

Dead Inside

Propaganda

Madness

Either Exogenesis in its enterity (I don't think one of them in themselves would make the cut) or if not allowed, The Dark Side (I've come around) or Algorithm

Worst 5 (not in order)

Save me

Drones

Mercy

Get up and fight

Explorers

I'm honestly a bit a puzzled at the love Break it to me is getting. Are Muse fans so hungry for distantly reminding of something even a bit more out of the box/experimental that this (imo) in the end "just okay" track gets so much attention?

I'm honestly a bit a puzzled at the love Break it to me is getting. Are Muse fans so hungry for distantly reminding of something even a bit more out of the box/experimental that this (imo) in the end "just okay" track gets so much attention?

For me, the chorus wins it. Definetly the best moment of the album. One of the best Muse chorus imo. Other things (beside the experimental side) that comes to mind :

1. That Grooveeee (also RATM vibes).

2. Many fans want Muse to turn kaoss pad solo into a song.