for some reason, i think the material on this album is going to prompt the band to seek (and hopefully rediscover...maybe even re-learn, lol) some older tracks they haven't played all too frequently in the past decade or so...leading to those tracks becoming "staples" for this tour.

as for what tracks those might be...i'll have to get back to ya.

It sort of happened with Drones, in that the old/rare songs played that weren’t fan-pushed kinda correlated with the heavy throwback theme (Uno, Micro Cuts, Dead Star, Agitated, CE, AP, Hyper Music). It’s hard to say whether that was the band intentionally playing into a vibe or just going with what they know we like though. The stuff they could bring back to fit ST probs doesn’t have the same demand and wouldn’t cause the same crowd reaction, in their minds at least, so maybe they wouldn’t even think to do it.

The Drones show that I saw had the usual Drill Sargeant, JFK, Isolated System and Dronezzz twice (not to mention 10 minutes of TG) but they couldn't be bothered to play a single song off their first two albums. For me, that's inexcusable. I'm not saying that they should be playing half of OoS or anything like that but could not have taken 4 minutes to even throw in Plug In Baby for the longtime fans? If they really think that fans are blown away by a fleet of half-functional floating orbs and some big video screens, then I don't know what to say.

If you think about what is common for those tracks is that they are studio recordings clearly being utilized to give the band a breather/possibly facilitate some production issues. So I doubt we'd get any more songs if they were removed. That said, I agree that if the more casual fan gets bored during one oldie/rarity, who cares-I'll get bored during TiRO in exchange. If the slightly slower selling tour dates suggest anything the band should probably understand to give a nod to the more dedicated fans.

Oh yay, Muse setlist bitching, so 2010.🙂

As Matt teased The Gallery and FAWY at IHeartradio-show we might hear äccoustric-driven songs soon? Who knows...

*Nature_1

It’d be amazing, and actually possible imo. Maybe at a small non-request show since he clearly only teased them in reference to some hardcores at the front. He’s clearly got those old acoustic songs on the brain though.

Anyone remembered when they posted a video of them rehearsing FAWY years ago?

NO?

Wasn't it the bridge of Citizen Erased though? (if you're talking about a soundcheck in Australia or something)

Nah it was in the tour bus or something like that.

EDIT:

Sadly not available anymore Edited by Tjet

*Nature_1

It’d be amazing, and actually possible imo. Maybe at a small non-request show since he clearly only teased them in reference to some hardcores at the front. He’s clearly got those old acoustic songs on the brain though.

NO?

Oh sorry, yes Nature_1 :$

Anyone remembered when they posted a video of them rehearsing FAWY years ago?

Was about to say this was years ago and nothing ever came of it unfortunately

Also I believe that extra bit he used to play in Citizen Erased evolved into Supremacy

Something Human really worked for me in the iHeart show I really think it will be a nice song live; I've also never felt a need to skip it on album. That song is growing on me a lot, and I like it WAY better than something like guiding shite.

They've written at least 20 songs in the years since Guiding Light has been released that are not as good as Guiding Light

I'm ready to name them if you think I'm kidding

Edited by Saint Rockwell

Was about to say this was years ago and nothing ever came of it unfortunately

Also I believe that extra bit he used to play in Citizen Erased evolved into Supremacy

They've written at least 20 songs in the years since Guiding Light has been released that are not as good as Guiding Light

I'm ready to name them if you think I'm kidding

I came up with about 10, and I love Guiding Light.

Go ahead brother

I Belong to You

Follow Me

Explorers

Save Me

Liquid State

Unsustainable

Sign of the Times cover

Psycho (mainly because of the tacky Drill Seargent bits)

Mercy

Revolt

Aftermath

The Globalist

Drones

New Kind of Kick

Pressure (if this song had a solo and a less repetitive last chorus it wouldn't be on this list)

Propaganda

Something Human

Thought Contagion

Get Up and Fight

Dig Down

As well as any type of prelude or spoken word segments like the JFK speech before Defector

I'm not saying some of these aren't good songs, I'm saying Guiding Light is better than all of them

Edited by Saint Rockwell

I Belong to You

Follow Me

Explorers

Save Me

Liquid State

Unsustainable

Sign of the Times cover

Psycho (mainly because of the tacky Drill Seargent bits)

Mercy

Revolt

Aftermath

The Globalist

Drones

New Kind of Kick

Pressure

Propaganda

Something Human

Thought Contagion

Get Up and Fight

Dig Down

As well as any type of prelude or spoken word segments like the JFK speech before Defector

I'm not saying some of these aren't good songs, I'm saying Guiding Light is better than all of them hands down

Okay except you specified you could name 20 songs that Muse had written worse than Guiding Light since then. New Kind Of Kick was a cover, and frankly so was Drones albeit with new lyrics. Oh and that Sign 'O The Times cover doesn't count either obviously.

Aside from that, I do agree with many of your choices, but certainly not all of them. I'll take I Belong To You, Psycho, The Globalist, Mercy, Revolt, Pressure, Propaganda, and Something Human over GL any day.

Follow Me

Liquid State

Sign of the Times cover

Mercy

Revolt

Aftermath

The Globalist

New Kind of Kick

Something Human

Thought Contagion

Get Up and Fight

Dig Down

I'm not saying some of these aren't good songs, I'm saying Guiding Light is better than all of them

Fixed that for you.