Welp. Anyways I don't really care about Anthony Fantano's opinion. I listened to the entire album and was thoroughly unimpressed by everything.

"The reviews say the album sucks"

"No they don't"

"Well I don't care about reviewers anyway. I listened to the album and didn't like it".

Just start and end with the fact that you didn't like it, man. Don't try to pass off your opinion as some sort of consensus.

Well all the reviews are in and the consensus - the album sucks ass. Honestly this is where I get off the Muse train for good. I'll still go back and listen to the old songs, but I just can't give a rat's ass about this band anymore.

B- but review consensus says Abso isn’t all that great either at a 72, how ever will we justify liking those old songs now? :eek:

I wish melon would hurry up and tell me what to think.

I'm starting to worry he's just gonna put it under his monthly yunoreview. Which would be a shame because I have a bit of a feeling he will like it. He put Pressure in his best tracks of the week when it was released as a single, and he posted a tweet complimenting the music video to Algorithm, and iirc he even put TDS in his meh tracks saying it was alright. My understanding in the past was that he didn't really care for Muse, so to me those little things might be an indication he'll dig ST.

Idk, I love it. That's all that really matters to me.

I don't have a problem with the band wanting to do new things, it's that those things should be quality not shit. Ergo, Radiohead.

Couldn't have said it better myself, although as a certified pretentious knob I probably could have, and for everyone waiting for Melon's review, if he even does review it, I predict it coming in low with a srong 4/10. He's gonna have to buy a new shade of red shirt for this album

Couldn't have said it better myself, although as a certified pretentious knob I probably could have, and for everyone waiting for Melon's review, if he even does review it, I predict it coming in low with a srong 4/10. He's gonna have to buy a new shade of red shirt for this album

Are you two even for real? :LOL:

You and smoledman almost sound butthurt because many people here really like ST after a run of three "fanbase-splitting" albums, while you not.

There's no problem in just admitting you don't like the album because it's not your cup of tea instead of hammering your own concept of "quality" (see "personal taste and preferences") like it's a universal assumption, y'know?

Are you two even for real? :LOL:

You and smoledman almost sound butthurt because many people here really like ST after a run of three "fanbase-splitting" albums, while you not.

There's no problem in just admitting you don't like the album because it's not your cup of tea instead of hammering your own concept of "quality" (see "personal taste and preferences") like it's a universal assumption, y'know?

I have no problem calling shit music shit, here let me show you

You know that Radiohead album King of Limbs, it's shit, just like Kid A

And butthurt is not the word, I'm literally stunned that people like this album, I can't wrap my head around it and I've listened to it several times now, it's not good

Btw you're not a pretentious knob because you don't like new Muse. You're a pretentious knob because you look down on others because of what they like and somehow think "musical complexity" is a fair argument in music.

I feel like you missed his point by a mile.

You know that Radiohead album King of Limbs, it's shit, just like Kid A

And butthurt is not the word, I'm literally stunned that people like this album, I can't wrap my head around it and I've listened to it several times now, it's not good

Glad somebody finds me stunning.

Well all the reviews are in and the consensus - the album sucks ass. Honestly this is where I get off the Muse train for good. I'll still go back and listen to the old songs, but I just can't give a rat's ass about this band anymore.

GL is better than half of ST

Prove Radiohead’s music is quality. If I played KoL back to back with ST for my dad he’d vastly prefer ST.

Please just inject this entire message board directly into my bloodstream this is the good shit.

Unpopular opinion: people get called trolls way too easily and it lets them off the hook for acting like tools because we fool ourselves into thinking they’re doing it on purpose.

Okay goodnight

The word 'troll' has actually changed in meaning as far as I see. Troll used to mean when people actively try to get a rise out of people through bullying, taunting, memes etc. But these days I see the term used for things like shitposting and negative opinions. I think in the latter case it is sometimes used to dismiss criticism of something as 'the internet being stupid'.