Not trying to diss GUAF because to be honest GL isn't nearly as bad as we all made it out to be at first

Edit: well to be REALLY honest I do think GUAF is one of the most - if not the most - unoriginal, boring and un-muse songs in their discography, much more so than songs like TSP or TOADA that got criticised for this reason.

Edited by Zepp

Not trying to diss GUAF because to be honest GL isn't nearly as bad as we all made it out to be at first

Edit: well to be REALLY honest I do think GUAF is one of the most - if not the most - unoriginal, boring and un-muse songs in their discography, much more so than songs like TSP or TOADA that got criticised for this reason.

TOADA... unoriginal, boring and un-muse-y?? What kind of cruel monster would ever say such a thing?!

I tried and had to stop singing after that.

I'd probably faint.

I tried and had to stop singing after that.

Same :LOL: tend to give up about halfway through and I don’t even attempt anything else for the rest of the day

I'd probably faint.

Felt like I was gonna, greatly anticipate seeing Matt attempt it live if only to see how purple his face goes :chuckle:

While we're on the topic of shit music I guess I must be missing out on all those Katy Perry and Fall Out Boy jams too, sooooo profound and musically complex

You're that guy in every single university level music course who makes others tear their hair out constantly through incessant moaning about "the music of today."

After listening to the album for several times in the past weeks (to a point where it drove my wife insane) I can finally do a "final" judgement of Simulation Theory.

In terms of Muse albums´ ranking, Simulation Theory finds itself in 5th:

1- Origin of Symmetry - 10/10

2- Showbiz – 10/10

3- Absolution – 10/10

4- Black Holes and Revelations – 9/10

5- Simulation Theory – 8/10

6- The Resistance - 7/10

7- Drones – 6/10

8- The 2nd Law – 6/10

Now , in terms of songs, my ranking is as follows:

1- Algorithm / Algorithm AR Version – 10/10

2- The Dark Side - 9/10

3- The Void – 9/10

4- Break it to me – 8/10

5- Blockades – 8/10

6- Propaganda – 8/10

7- Dig Down Gospel Version - 7.5/10

8- The Dark Side AR Version – 7/10

9- Pressure - 6.5/10

10- Thought Contagion - 6/10

11- Something Human Acoustic – 6/10

12- Dig Down – 4/10

13- Propaganda Acoustic 4/10

14- Get up and Fight – 3/10

15- Something Human – 1/10

Since the album turned out to be so much better than I thought, I decided to give it a go again at a Muse concert - it´s been a while! - even though the prices for the tickets are a bit over the top be fair. Hope that pays off with 2 big openers, a nicer setlist (hoping for older songs due to the Origin of Muse collection coming out next year) and a pompous Muse style live show.

Well all the reviews are in and the consensus - the album sucks ass. Honestly this is where I get off the Muse train for good. I'll still go back and listen to the old songs, but I just can't give a rat's ass about this band anymore.

Where's this consensus? Also Fantano's review isn't in yet, and like it or not he holds more weight with listeners than RS or Pitchfork anymore.