I've only heard Blockades twice but there was a section that instantly reminded me of Map.

Not once during any of the 100+ times that I've listened to TDS has it even even come close to reminding me of Map. It's like saying Red Ferrari and a Red Corvette are similar because they're red sports cars. The tone of those two songs is so far off from one another its a ridiculous comparison.

Dude idk what else to tell you :LOL: you might not see the comparison (it was only a light one, hence the -ish -ish afterwards), personally I do, but it’s pretty obvious that was what he was referring to. It’s a big and kinda needless stretch of logic to work it round to fit something else.

ok, just got done, i'm not ranking the alternate versions yet.

one listen, on headphones, from best to worst:

blockades

algorithm

tds

propaganda or pressure

bitm or the void

tc

sh

dd

guaf

listening to the alternate versions now and god i love them all. i can't wait to listen again, i'm so so glad i didn't wait until friday.

ugh i'm so happy :eek::D :D

Dude idk what else to tell you :LOL: you might not see the comparison (it was only a light one, hence the -ish -ish afterwards), personally I do, but it’s pretty obvious that was what he was referring to. It’s a big and kinda needless stretch of logic to work it round to fit something else.

I mean I get what Matt said but to me (maybe it's just me) Blockades gave me a big Map vibe during part of it and that was my knee jerk reaction.

Lets not forget Matt called TG CE2 and somehow called Unnatural Selection CE2 as well despite it being very New Born 2. It's like the guy doesn't know his own music sometimes :LOL:

Also GUAF is miles better than shit storms like Revolt and DD. That chorus is so damn powerful. If the song didn't have the stupid Ahh ahh vocals by Tove Lo in the verse the song would be great. Completely scrap that melody all together. I don't care who sings it just leave it out of the song period.

Another example of a Muse song being crippled by one tiny choice. (backing vocals in Pressure, backing vocals in Revolt included)

Edited by Citizen_Eraser

I haven't listened enough to review it, but SH/Dig Down/TC had made me lower my expectations considerably. I wasn't expecting to like the rest of the record this much. I also love that somehow the sounds and textures feel coherent, overall. Even when the record gets cheeky (Propaganda, as an example), it still feels sonically in tune with the rest of the album.

Wasn't expecting the guys to pull this one out... I was so ready to stop throwing money at muse tickets :LOL:

Not necessarily the bass and drumming, but Break It to Me has some shades of The Big Come Down in it. Definitely a favorite on first listen!

Hi I remember you from Webster Hall from what seems like a million years ago now. We waited in line for like 6 hours together. Fun times.

Anyways, Break it To Me is already starting to grow on me, I really like the chorus and the solo! Still one of the weirdest Muse songs ever.

Hi I remember you from Webster Hall from what seems like a million years ago now. We waited in line for like 6 hours together. Fun times.

Anyways, Break it To Me is already starting to grow on me, I really like the chorus and the solo! Still one of the weirdest Muse songs ever.

I was at that show too! Bloody hot that day.

I forgot to mention this pre-release but now I will. Anyone remember the intagram post Matt made of him having some alter his tone/distortion to be sharper while he does a sustained descending line on the guitar.

What song did that end up being in? I don't recall it ever. Seemed like it would be a slow build intro but I don't hear it anywhere.

Welp, I gave in and listened to it. The Void, oh my gawd. :love:

Saddened by how forgettable Blockades is, sans the solo.

The Void

Algorithm

Break It To Me

The Dark Side

Propaganda

Thought Contagion

Pressure

Blockades

Get Up And Fight

Something Human

Dig Down