Wow this is a great album. Best since BH&R In my present opinion after one listen, I’d probs rank it 4th (behind the holy trinity), although again that seems harsh on Drones which I still really like.

Well, Algorithm delivered to my expectations on every level, just wish the piano had been used a bit more as it sounded gorgeous when it briefly came in. What anway to kick off the album, good lyrics and a great chorus. Reckon I prefer the album version atm (no slight on the alt. version though).

Always open to some Prince influence and Propaganda utilises that i fluency so well. The guitar playing the vocal melody sounds mint, another great chorus (the final one in particular) and a sweet sweet guitar solo. Having been very curious on this track in particular, it’s definitely turned out to be a good’un.

Much like others have said, BITM was a massive surprise and one which paid off — great tune, funky af, solid verses, yet another brilliant chorus and a sick solo to top it off.

I don’t mind saying that GUAF is getting a soft spot much like Revolt did last time round. The pre-chorus i especially love, I’m a sucker for a good old major mediant chord in a major key.

Blockades is becoming a favourite from this album, top drawer verses and pre-chorus, only minor gripe is that in the chorus (on the 2nd time round) he sings a major third — in this instance I’d have rather it stuck to the key signature. Other than that though, another solid track, with a quality guitar solo.

And of course The Void; as ever, Muse with the high quality album closer. I personally am a fan of the switch to major midway through, and I think it would have been near-perfect had it ended with Matt and the piano — I can’t say I’m a fan of the “wub-wubs” at the end at all I’m afraid, hopefully they’ll grow on me.

And this is without mentioning the non-album versions of the tracks as well! Overall a great album, after hearing DD back in summer last year I feared the worst but to say the other tracks have redeemed it would be a massive understatement. 8.5/10, can’t wait to see the songs be performed live.

I think it would have been near-perfect had it ended with Matt and the piano — I can’t say I’m a fan of the “wub-wubs” at the end at all I’m afraid, hopefully they’ll grow on me.

No no no no no non non no.

It will

No no no no no non non no.

It will

Fingers crossed, only listened once but I just thought it drowned out the piano too much for my liking — I’d have probs at least have turned them down significantly in the mix but I’m sure it’ll get some more listens to get a better judgement :D

If you want some negativity, outside a few standouts and some interesting ideas I find it a bit boring.

I agree with that, mostly because the vocal melodies lack tension (for lack of a better word). I feel that the standouts have more staying power than the standouts from previous albums and my expectations were quite low so I'm pleasantly surprised by the whole thing.

Of course, time will tell if I'm right about that. For now, I'm happy.

I agree with that, mostly because the vocal melodies lack tension (for lack of a better word). I feel that the standouts have more staying power than the standouts from previous albums and my expectations were quite low so I'm pleasantly surprised by the whole thing.

Of course, time will tell if I'm right about that. For now, I'm happy.

Yeah for sure. Algorithm, Dark Side, maybe even Pressure and Something Human (I grown to love this one personally) I'm really enjoying in more immediacy than work from the past record. Others might grow on me (The Void certainly so), so I'm pleased enough. But Algorithm being the only strong impression I hadn't heard before was disappointing as a first listen.

Baby synth solo on SH acoustic is the only time I’ve ever listened to a Muse song and wanted to squeeze it’s cheeks

Not for me. BHaR has far fewer duds.

Yeah, maybe. Dunno if it has any duds for me, ST at least has DD. Probably not as many consistent highs like TAB, Hoodoo, COD, Map, Assassin, Invincible either...

Actually, yeah, redact that. I don’t think it’ll ever be there :chuckle: 3rd place is not a bad home though

Could this go on to rival BH&R for me? That would be too far for even me to say this early but the seed’s there...I feel a mash-up of the two (with better production on Black Holes’ part) could be amazing.

In a couple of months you'll realise how crazy you're sounding today

Could this go on to rival BH&R for me? That would be too far for even me to say this early but the seed’s there...I feel a mash-up of the two (with better production on Black Holes’ part) could be amazing.

Nah I doubt it ever could do for me, TAB, MOTP, Invincible, Assassin (GOB coz may as well), COD and Hoodoo all on the same album are near-impossible heights to reach (I say “near” because OOS > Abso > BH&R imo)