So... First 10/20 loops. Sincerely a good start for the new album.

AWWW YEAH...

Algorithm

The Dark Side

Pressure

Blockades

The Void

Awesome / Great:

Propaganda

Break It To Me

Algorithm (AR)

Good / Decent:

Thought Contagion

The Dark Side (AR)

Propaganda (Acoustic)

Dig Down (Gospel)

Meh

Something Human (Acoustic)

F Tier...

Something Human

Get Up And Fight

Dig Down

8/10 at the moment. GUaF is an instant pass just hearing the first bits... Eww. Dig Down had almost two years to convince me and nope... The gospel version fared a lot better. And Something Human never catch me either versions... But I'll give points to the acoustic because is a little bit better.

BTW, anyone who pre-ordered the Super Deluxe version in the US store was put on backorder (apart from me)?... Hating so much Warner US and their sloppy store... :/

After a couple of listens, TDS is still the best song (geniunely a top 10 muse track for me) but there are some bloody good songs on this album.

Highlights so far:

Blockade solo

Last minute of Propaganda

Algorithm Intro (needs to be the new gig opener)

I think TC struggles with having been out for so long already.

Dig Down is the worst track on this album.

And I'm a defender of GUAF

yeaa!! i dont mind GUAF as well and i'm a metal head

edit: it's the intro and verse that is hard to listen but pre chorus and chorus i think it's awesome and come on that falsetto !!!

Edited by droneattack

I forgot to mention this pre-release but now I will. Anyone remember the intagram post Matt made of him having some alter his tone/distortion to be sharper while he does a sustained descending line on the guitar.

What song did that end up being in? I don't recall it ever. Seemed like it would be a slow build intro but I don't hear it anywhere.

This one?

Dig Down! The second half of the first verse - can kinda hear it better when they play it live. It's not exactly what he's playing there but the Dig Down line goes down the G Mixolydian scale which he's doing there.

Get up and Fight reminds me of a shite pop song by a female artist (ie. Taylor Swift) :LOL:

Break it to me also sounds like something you hear on the radio every day. Except it's actually really good. They should have released this as a single. I think it would have appealed to a wider audience and done well in the chart, which is the exact reason why Matt included Timberland on this album. I'd be interested to know which song he actually assisted them with.

I don't get why Dig Down is getting so much hate

I love this record but it’s my least fave eeeasily just ‘cos it’s pretty dull. Just feels quite auto-pilot, especially considering how mad most of the record is. Don’t hate it though, it’s not awful.

I think I'm ready to put the songs into tiers.

Fabulous:

Algorithm

The Void

Blockades

Propaganda

The Dark Side

Good:

Break It to Me

Pressure

Thought Contagion

Mediocre:

Dig Down

Something Human

No:

Get Up and Fight.

For me it's Pressure up a bracket (it makes me feel bouncy and happy) and Propaganda down with GUFF (never did like Prince) but otherwise yup.

This is the first album in ages where I feel like every song is more enjoyable when you listen to the whole thing rather than listening to them individually. It makes me really happy to be able to say that because I thought at most there would be a few I'd love and the rest I'd ignore.

Muse making a song like GUAF is something I've always dreaded, but at least it isn't another Guiding Light or Mercy I guess.

I love weird and sleazy pop Muse, so I really like Propaganda and BITM. Also thought the use of piano with the synthwave sound was great, and I wish they'd explored that more.

Well done Muse!

I've only heard Blockades twice but there was a section that instantly reminded me of Map.

Not once during any of the 100+ times that I've listened to TDS has it even even come close to reminding me of Map. It's like saying Red Ferrari and a Red Corvette are similar because they're red sports cars. The tone of those two songs is so far off from one another its a ridiculous comparison.

Dom's drumming in Blockades kinda reminds me of Map.

Listened to it a few times. I'd say it comfortably sits in the gap between "the big 3" and Drones/Resistance for me.

Can't wait to hear those songs live. Reeaaaally hope they really try this time to properly work on the setlist as it could be quite a spectacle if they get some older songs that fit the theme

Listened to it a few times. I'd say it comfortably sits in the gap between "the big 3" and Drones/Resistance for me.

Can't wait to hear those songs live. Reeaaaally hope they really try this time to properly work on the setlist as it could be quite a spectacle if they get some older songs that fit the theme

Oh yes, fingers crossed!