I just want to watch a livestream of your evolving opinions on this album :LOL:

If I was a more confident person with cameras, I would’ve been tempted to film my first listen :chuckle: none of that cringey overacting but I am a v visibly physical person when I enjoy things

Lowkey dreading that I’m wrong and it’s gonna pull a T2L drop off on me but, as obvious/stupid as it sounds, I just can’t see it...Like, I feel like I’ve instantly clicked with so much of this ‘cos a lot of it’s what I’ve wanted for a long time. Then there were surprises like The Void and Algorithm. T2L was just a product of it being my first heavily followed album build-up and not actively boring like TR, other than that I’ve been pretty consistent with how I feel about releases I think.

This is miles ahead of T2L; its highs are far higher, its lows are no lower than T2L's ("Fight? FIGHT??? Or will you show me mercy? MEUURSEEE" etc.) and it's more sonically cohesive. Not sure where it ranks in comparison to TR yet. I think it's going to end up way ahead of Drones, though part of that is thanks to the presence of alternative versions of the weaker songs and the fact this has a fucking great opener and proper closer.

So probs 4th? It's not gonna touch the big 3 (anyone who thinks this is better than Absolution, just.. ugh...) but still, considering all we had to go on for a while was Dig Down, Thought Contagion and Something Human, the new stuff has done a fucking great job dragging this album up the rankings.

Hello again lord and savior. Thanks for pointing this out to me - praise be!

While I am here paying my respects, here are my rankings (and minor thoughts after 4 hours of continuous listening without skipping any tracks):

Legendary:

Algorithm

The Dark Side

Pressure

Blockades

The Void

Awesome / Great:

Propaganda

Break It To Me

Something Human

Algorithm (AR)

Something Human (Acoustic)

Good / Decent:

Thought Contagion

The Dark Side (AR)

Propaganda (Acoustic)

Dig Down (Gospel)

Awful:

Get Up And Fight

Dig Down

I never cared much for Dig Down unless it was live but the Gospel version fixes it somehow. GUAF is the worst thing ever. The verse and chorus is good, the ending is on point, but the female vocals absolutely ruin it.

Seriously this album is up there with BH&R, Absolution and OOS for me. GUAF alone causes this album to not be able to dethrone Absolution/OOS from my second place of album ranking.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the alternate tracks when my super deluxe shows up.

Welcome back junior package, glad you liked the album

I keep asking this question and not getting an answer. Does no one know, or has it been answered a million times already?

No one knows, maybe Spotify eventually? Might just have to deal with vinyl rips from the SDE otherwise

Really excited for TV acoustic, ‘specially since Propaganda’s has shown it’s not necessarily totally acoustic, just with that element added/more prominent.

Anyone else already skipping Get Up and Fight lol

Also, double posting this from the Algorithm thread, but if Muse had built on the atmosphere and sound of Algorithm, TDS and The Void and made a whole album of dark, grand synth stuff with a prog/classical tinge and electro rockers like MoTP, it would have been fucking amazing

Also, double posting this from the Algorithm thread, but if Muse had built on the atmosphere and sound of Algorithm, TDS and The Void and made a whole album of dark, grand synth stuff with a prog/classical tinge and electro rockers like MoTP, it would have been fucking amazing

I dream of nothing else lol

I keep asking this question and not getting an answer. Does no one know, or has it been answered a million times already?

No one knows, maybe Spotify eventually? Might just have to deal with vinyl rips from the SDE otherwise

Really excited for TV acoustic, ‘specially since Propaganda’s has shown it’s not necessarily totally acoustic, just with that element added/more prominent.

i can possibly see a scenario where people who purchased the super deluxe are given access links to digital downloads of the additional tracks...if enough people bitch.

otherwise, reliance on rips from the CD once ppl start getting their boxes is going to be key.

Yeah, I'll definitely create a synthy muse Spotify playlist. I'll toss in UD too.

Also for you guys doing repeat listens, listen more closely to the stuff that's already been released. The 303-like synth in The Dark Side's been made louder in the mix, the guitars in Thought Contagion are louder while the chorus vocals are quieter, and Dig Down has new synths throughout.

Agree 100%. But they can never resist the upbeat commercial cringey stuff for the radio.

i can possibly see a scenario where people who purchased the super deluxe are given access links to digital downloads of the additional tracks...if enough people bitch.

otherwise, reliance on rips from the CD once ppl start getting their boxes is going to be key.

I think the extra 2 SDE tracks are only on the vinyl, no?

Gotdamn it leaked? Hmm, maybe I'll wait for the official release. I assume it will be on Spotify. Good to hear initial reactions seem quite positive.

The most puzzling question is where does one buy physical CD's? I assume there are stores in Helsinki that still sell them. :unsure: Drones is probably the last CD is bought. #modernproblems