After the first listen I’d place this as a top 3 album. It hurts... because I so want it to be up there in the top 2, but I can’t bring my self to demote absolution.

The wubbing at the end of The Void seals this album for me. Absolute banger. 8/10... would listen again.

I wonder how long it’ll take before we notice that Vuilstamen evolved into that synth lead in Blockades

Hello again lord and savior. Thanks for pointing this out to me - praise be!

While I am here paying my respects, here are my rankings (and minor thoughts after 4 hours of continuous listening without skipping any tracks):

Legendary:

Algorithm

The Dark Side

Pressure

Blockades

The Void

Awesome / Great:

Propaganda

Break It To Me

Something Human

Algorithm (AR)

Something Human (Acoustic)

Good / Decent:

Thought Contagion

The Dark Side (AR)

Propaganda (Acoustic)

Dig Down (Gospel)

Awful:

Get Up And Fight

Dig Down

I never cared much for Dig Down unless it was live but the Gospel version fixes it somehow. GUAF is the worst thing ever. The verse and chorus is good, the ending is on point, but the female vocals absolutely ruin it.

Seriously this album is up there with BH&R, Absolution and OOS for me. GUAF alone causes this album to not be able to dethrone Absolution/OOS from my second place of album ranking.

Can't wait to hear the rest of the alternate tracks when my super deluxe shows up.

Swap FAWY for TIRO and it’s the correct Abso opinion, I stand by you pal :phu:

Itching to find some tabs for this album, so many songs I’m gagging to start playing. Might have to work the piano parts out myself, none sound to hard fortunately.

Swap FAWY for TIRO and it’s the correct Abso opinion, I stand by you pal :phu:

Itching to find some tabs for this album, so many songs I’m gagging to start playing. Might have to work the piano parts out myself, none sound to hard fortunately.

Not a big fan of TIRO tbh. The rest of the songs of the album are top notch though.

I think that after hearing this album for quite a bit I have a formed opinion (well, formed and hyped, so this will change) about how I'd rate the songs.

God tier: Break it to Me, Propaganda, Algorithm, The Void, Pressure, The Dark Side.

Pretty good tier: Blockades, Get Up And Fight.

Meh tier: Thought Contagion, Something Human.

Kill it with fire tier: Dig Down (gospel version is dope though).

Algorithm isn’t really better than any random synthwave from the past few years. It just has vocals by Matt which makes it more than average.

That’s my hot take of the day

To me it's more like Matt's average vocals ruin a good synthwave song. (Although I still like the thing as whole.)

Not the Void though, I like the vocals in that one, best song on the album.

Could this go on to rival BH&R for me? That would be too far for even me to say this early but the seed’s there...I feel a mash-up of the two (with better production on Black Holes’ part) could be amazing.

I just want to watch a livestream of your evolving opinions on this album :LOL:

think i'm gonna hold out until tomorrow to listen (until after purchased iTunes mastered tracks go live), and then wait god knows how long to listen to the five remaining tracks whenever snail mail gets the box to my door. (even though the FLAC files are currently sitting in my playlist, hah).

will be interested to see the flood of additional comments over the next 24-48 hrs when everyone can get their ears on it.

Edited by frutiger75