Matt being weird continues. So a couple days ago The Algorithm Squad posted an enigma to solve and the answer was "Your mind is just a program" (it was rather difficult actually, took people days) Nobody was allowed to comment the answer and it seems Matt actually went ahead and solved it! LOL!

The poster at the back (yellow) has been photoshopped to say "Your mind is just a program" :LOL: I think it's really awesome to see Matt go to these lengths just for a fanpage !

The only electric guitar in there is that really faint bit in the mix just before the “big picture’s gone” line and that whole few seconds is amazing.

Edit: also I think I found what I want/have been imagining Algorithm or the alt. reality, dreamy ethereal version to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfeMhyyy5o

maybe with some extra light synth stuff

Edited by Jobby

The only electric guitar in there is that really faint bit in the mix just before the “big picture’s gone” line and that whole few seconds is amazing.

Edit: also I think I found what I want/have been imagining Algorithm or the alt. reality, dreamy ethereal version to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTfeMhyyy5o

maybe with some extra light synth stuff

To tell the truth, the electric guitar goes on even after that line. You can hear it gliding right before the "gone" and playing a octave lower, effected with a synthy, flanger-like modulation.

It's a little hard to catch it and distinguish it from a proper synth, but it's there.

EDIT: Also, in the instrumental version of the song you may notice the bass getting crunchy at the end of the second repetition of the second chorus A section, right at the "I need something...". Such a cool detail!

EDIT2: Oh, and during all the 2nd verse there's a guitar/bass hard-panned right and mid-sided, playing a sort of bordone and following obsessively the ac.guit. part to strengthen the lower notes.

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider

Maybe the last two are great because they tweaked them before posting the official videos on YT.

I'm sure it's going to be the case with SH and TDS, too.

Yeah but that doesn't make sense because they literally had several days to fix the mix, while Pressure and Dig Down were uploaded within a few hours iirc.

Can’t listen to the file on my phone, big sad

Is it studio quality or a recording from Taratata?

Edit: whoever’s uploaded this has had a bit of a mare

Edit 2: ok heard it and, other than the kinda cheesy ‘propa propa propa propa propaganda’ robot voice, that sounds kinda dope imo

Edit 3: add this to the list of things fans have described as heavy that defo aren’t tho lmao

Edited by Jobby

The clip sounds great to me - reminds me of moody, History-era Michael Jackson (more than anything Timbaland achieved on Xscape, weirdly), but with a crazy hook at the end. The reaction should be interesting if it's released as the next single or gets a video - I expect some people are going to detest it :p !

I'm curious to hear how it fits on the album. The other tracks seem to complement each other well production-wise, but this one sounds like it could stand out quite a lot (especially after Pressure on the tracklist). Perhaps some of the hook's weirdness might need to return in a later track on the CD to balance things out a bit :LOL: ?