I've seen smoledman around reddit a couple times (not counting r/muse) and I think he's just a far right racist asshole. He also posts on an "incel" community so he probably hates women too.

Back on topic, it's kind of amusing how Matt seems to be doing his own weird, unoffical album promotion on Instagram and Youtube.

Is there something else aside from the youtube vids Matt has been linking? I only saw that by accident on an instagram comment. I don't deep dive into the comments left on his posts...does he have another account or something I'm not aware of?

Y’know what, seen some people worried about whatever the Timbaland track is (think I’m edging towards Break It To Me but who knows) but, rewatching the TR Making Of, Matt directly compares UD to something Timbaland would make so if it’s anything in that vein it has serious potential my friends.

Y’know what, seen some people worried about whatever the Timbaland track is (think I’m edging towards Break It To Me but who knows) but, rewatching the TR Making Of, Matt directly compares UD to something Timbaland would make so if it’s anything in that vein it has serious potential my friends.

It's Propaganda the track they've worked on with him. And some French fan who attended the Taratata recordings said it's "quite heavy", too, but of course that must be taken with a huge grain of salt.

Oh was it? Had some vague memory of that but couldn’t remember where from so didn’t wanna bank on it. The acoustic version could be v nice if it does end up in UD’s vein then.

And some French fan who attended the Taratata recordings said it's "quite heavy", too, but of course that must be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The biggest grain

Like, no offence to that individual, but I’ve pretty much disregarded it from the start :chuckle:

Personally I wouldn't disregard Tristan for saying that Propaganda sounds heavy, but to each his own.

Here's the source btw:

Why, are they reputable?

It’s just the track history for any fans describing a song before everyone else has heard it is no bueno to say the least, and I’m pretty sure they’re always based around them being heavy :chuckle:

Why, are they reputable?

It’s just the track history for any fans describing a song before everyone else has heard it is no bueno to say the least, and I’m pretty sure they’re always based around them being heavy :chuckle:

I would consider them so, yeah. I mean, surely they can be more trustable than Matt himself when he is describing songs? :)

I would consider them so, yeah. I mean, surely they can be more trustable than Matt himself when he is describing songs? :)

I wouldn’t put my faith fully in either, but Matt tends to be less off the mark than fans if you ask me tbh. Calling TC ‘Fury 2’ is probably as close as he’s come to being on that level, and even that’s not as bad as comparing Follow Me and Mercy to Dead Star.

"Urban" is always used by people who want to say "black people" and then be able to play the victim when people call them out as racist. Which they are.

"Urban" implies not just cities, but "inner cities" which are traditionally viewed as being the ghettos and high crime areas.

He knew exactly what he was saying, and it's despicable.

You're right and that reasoning makes the original comment even more nonsensical.

The supposed "dumbing down" of DD is, of course, a gospel version. That style of music originated in the deep rural south of the US which is about as far from urban inner cities as you can get. Just an ignorant comment on many levels.

That said, I really liked this performance of Dig Down even though I don't like the original version at all. I mean, if you're going to make a gospel-tinged song, you might as well go all in.

It’s honestly just kind of a trip more than anything to hear a slow, relatively barebones acoustic Muse song in 2018 (even if it’s technically just a rendition of one we already had). If you think, it’s been 12 years since anything like that. I have found myself wishing they’d embrace that side more often but I guess it’s more special this way.

I wouldn’t put my faith fully in either, but Matt tends to be less off the mark than fans if you ask me tbh. Calling TC ‘Fury 2’ is probably as close as he’s come to being on that level, and even that’s not as bad as comparing Follow Me and Mercy to Dead Star.

I think the Follow Me comparisons to Dead Star literally only came from Chris' belting in the chorus of both songs live haha.

It’s honestly just kind of a trip more than anything to hear a slow, relatively barebones acoustic Muse song in 2018 (even if it’s technically just a rendition of one we already had). If you think, it’s been 12 years since anything like that. I have found myself wishing they’d embrace that side more often but I guess it’s more special this way.

Agreed.

Especially after hearing that Dig Down version.

Have always thought I'd love to hear some kind of stripped back versions of songs like Sing for Absolution, Hoodoo etc. Even Madness or something.

I think the Follow Me comparisons to Dead Star literally only came from Chris' belting in the chorus of both songs live haha.

Agreed.

Especially after hearing that Dig Down version.

Have always thought I'd love to hear some kind of stripped back versions of songs like Sing for Absolution, Hoodoo etc. Even Madness or something.

Have you not heard the acoustic version of SfA from the B&H single? Because it's amazing.

I've said that before as well. If Muse can't find it in themselves to drop any of the greatest hits for a rarity once in a while, at least they could try to rework a well known song for something fresh. They don't even change up the intros and outros to the songs. The snippets of Back in Black, Heartbreaker, House of the Rising Sun etc. might feel like a cool spontaneous improv to the newbie crowd but Muse have been doing the same ones for years.

I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen from playing a stripped back, piano version of Starlight? People might not do the hand-clap?

I've said that before as well. If Muse can't find it in themselves to drop any of the greatest hits for a rarity once in a while, at least they could try to rework a well known song for something fresh. They don't even change up the intros and outros to the songs. The snippets of Back in Black, Heartbreaker, House of the Rising Sun etc. might feel like a cool spontaneous improv to the newbie crowd but Muse have been doing the same ones for years.

I mean, what's the worst thing that could happen from playing a stripped back, piano version of Starlight? People might not do the hand-clap?

They're addicted to the adulation they get with those hand-clap songs. "Starlight", "Uprising", "Supermassive Black Hole", "Panic Station". I swear those songs will be played to the end of time before we'll ever hear the live debut of "Falling Away With You".

The last two songs have been respectively for promoting the album release and then the tour so it's understandable to not portray it as a standalone.

I'd argue it's smarter to just promote the singles because Muse is a big enough band that they don't actively need that level album promotion by omitting single artwork. Their ads are everywhere anyway

Just watched the extended footage on Jools Holland.

If there's something negative about the performances of SH and TDS it's clearly the bad mixing, but it's not the band's fault. Also, the acoustic was thin and out of tune, and I found very strange to hear Matt singing the lower harmony on SH.

Regarding the rest, though... Wow. :awesome: Matt's vocals were on point and I'm so looking forward to hear those luscious synths live, and the overall "echoey" vibe they have given to SH.

And that TDS guitar solo... man, just fantastic. I love that rawer tone in comparison to the studio version (which I love all the same).

Edited by MartianSpaghettiRider