Someone mentioned an interview in France saying this that I haven't seen. But I more recall heavy inference from a Tweet by the Daily Telegraph's chief music critic, saying it fitted in with a pro-city state belief Matt mentioned in an interview, as well as further mentioning of it in his review of Muse's Glastonbury set. Only thing I've seen was a Tweet-link to an article calling the whole thing "a sham". So... pfft. Maybe.

He said he'd vote leave because he's against decentralized governments, coming from the man that wrote The Globalist/Ruled By Secrecy/tons of Orwellian-themed material and a fan of David Icke/Alex Jones and that book Confessions of an Economic Hitman, I'm not surprised. At least he's practicing somewhat of what he preaches.

Seriously, is anyone surprised? I genuinely want to know what made people think that he'd support the United Kingdom/European Union or any form of federal government. Have you seen the visuals for United States of Eurasia with the shot of the UN and listened to anything he's ever said politically?

4fe3df73bb7a96f574529bb56f625280.768x576x1.jpg

Anyways, can someone get this over to Matt? This is how you mix electronic sounds with metal guitar riffs.

Edited by Alexander DeLarge

Or you can just google Matt Bellamy and David Icke and find that he isn't a fan. Any interest he has in him these days is simply because he likes to hear different perspectives.

Only retracted the 9/11 truth stuff (which he admits that there is a lot to still be answered) but I'd still be interested in what he has to say about the Zeta Reticuli star system and the reptillians/Mars pyramids.

Only he can answer what his beliefs are, but to be fair he was walking into the White House correspondent dinner and we've seen what the political press makes of anyone who gets anywhere near anyone of power. All of a sudden the headline is "Former secretary of state spotted with 9/11 truther"

But then again, he went public with this lol

http://www.nme.com/news/muse/85595

If they're going to make cheese they should at least go for some type that nobody has heard of. Instead of settling for cheddar every single time.

I agree, the world is filled with so many types of delicious and different cheese.

He said he'd vote leave because he's against decentralized governments, coming from the man that wrote The Globalist/Ruled By Secrecy/tons of Orwellian-themed material and a fan of David Icke/Alex Jones and that book Confessions of an Economic Hitman, I'm not surprised. At least he's practicing somewhat of what he preaches.

Seriously, is anyone surprised? I genuinely want to know what made people think that he'd support the United Kingdom/European Union or any form of federal government. Have you seen the visuals for United States of Eurasia with the shot of the UN and listened to anything he's ever said politically?

JFK came on shuffle today and made me think of the more cartoonish Brexiter response to the EU :LOL: 'EUSSR'

But it likely would sound interesting? Judging by tracks such as Microcuts, Stockholm Syndrome, The Small Print, Assassin, Unnatural Selection etc. Muse's take on Prog Metal would be even better, though...

I might add: I'm not saying these tracks are straight up heavy metal, but they're certainly indicators of how Muse might approach the genre.

Anyways, can someone get this over to Matt? This is how you mix electronic sounds with metal guitar riffs.

Funny, I was just listening to the soundtrack. But yes, regardless of whether or not they go heavy with the next album (I seriously doubt they will), I'd love it if they would adopt a similar mindset as Mick Gordon, particularly in their approach to genres. As Tjet said, it's when they try to write in a particular style that they do little more than emulate, which has unfortunately been the go to for the past few albums. It's frustrating, because despite wearing their influences on their sleeves in the early years, they still found a quite a distinctive sound. I honestly couldn't tell you what the last two albums sound like without just listing a bunch of other bands and composers.