Here's how it should go down (worth a daydream...)

Reapers

Psycho

New Born / Bliss / Plug in Baby (< "OOS single which is great live” slot)

Dead Star / Micro Cuts / Assassin (<heavy rarity slot)

The Handler

Dead Inside

Hysteria / MoTP (<older, fairly well-known single slot)

Mercy

Madness

Supermassive Black Hole

<BORING JAM TO GIVE MATT A BREAK>

Citizen Erased / Butterflies and Hurricanes (<i don’t know what to call this slot)

Sunburn / Apocalypse Please / Ruled by Secrecy/I Belong to You (<piano slot, just please not FG even though I know it will be)

Time is Running Out

Futurism / Fury / Muscle Museum / Uno / Hyper Music (< really rare rarity slot)

Uprising

Stockholm Syndrome / Knights of Cydonia

The Globalist

Drones

Overture / Take a Bow (<atmospheric (lol) encore opener slot)

Starlight

Knights of Cydonia / Stockholm Syndrome

The casuals get their fill of singles, cheese and new stuff (in red), we get some juicy stuff too. 21 or 22 songs. Done.

Fix'd. I just want IBtY so frickin badly :D

The things we all for some reason ignored while satirizing that sex Tweet:

- The writer openly states that if you just keep going to gigs, you'll get a good one eventually. So, okay, Muse is only a band for people with more money and spare time than sense. Got it. If you like throwing thousands of dollars away in the hopes of getting one or two good songs eventually, this is your ticket.

- They end the Tweet (cut off in the smaller picture) by basically complaining that the people who were at Montreux cannot brag about it because of the negative reaction. Thus, having a vested interest in telling everyone to stop being negative; so they themselves can feel special and more importantly, let people KNOW they're special on social media.

I think that's a pretty good summary of what's killing humanity, in general.

The fact that DomA called it the "best thing ever" I think has made it so I finally need to make my exit.

I've felt justified bitching about set lists because I DO still love the music, and I'm just upset Muse is painfully biased against my country, but I don't think I'll really feel positively about them in the future, with them continually proving they don't care about their fanbase unless they're kissing ass despite the band being disrespectful and lazy.

There's never going to be a "rarities tour," there's never going to be a good setlist in the US, and I'm just going to keep being put off by a band that tries to justify not playing one damn song in a set for it's actual fans, refuses to rehearse, and shoves 20 minutes of playback and filler into a set (while not being willing to play that one song.)

I'm getting really nervous for the set at Lowlands next month. The fact that there's still such a massive difference between sets like tonight's and the ones in Switzerland and Switzerland the past week is complete bullshit :(

Tonight's set is only at 1/3 and is already better...

EDIT: Was going by what Setlist.fm reported. Apparently they're done already.

Edited by Robinho

This crowd was the best I've seen. Not only to a Muse gig. The whole crowd gone mental. It was great. Caught Matt laughing a lot of times and he looked genuinely having fun along with being surprised of what is going on. Let's just hope it won't take them 9 years to return..

Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of shorter, acoustic version of Starlight, a bit like what they did with Unintended on the Unsustainable Tour? I mean, just to freshen it up a bit, since (as much as I love it) they've just been doing the same devolving version for 10 years.

Is it wrong that I wouldn't mind seeing some kind of shorter, acoustic version of Starlight, a bit like what they did with Unintended on the Unsustainable Tour? I mean, just to freshen it up a bit, since (as much as I love it) they've just been doing the same devolving version for 10 years.

I wouldn't mind , they can include madness there too

30 Seconds to Mars do this thing with their song, "The Kill". Jared starts it on acoustic, which is amazing I love the singalong... And then midway through it switches back to its rockier form. That could work with Starlight when the guitar kicks in toward the end.

I wouldn't mind , they can include madness there too

Holy shit imagine a vocal(the playback tracks they already use + Matt & Chris) + drums-only version of Madness? Without any of the synths and stuff, maybe even the guitar solo on a slightly less distorted tone? Then to let it explode to the finale. I'm pretty sure I'd prefer that version of Madness over the standard :chuckle:

Him picking up the guitar and singing the whole song himself would be enough for me to freshen it up, although it was an extremely boring version on the Drones tour I thought prelude was actually a really cool intro for it

30 Seconds to Mars do this thing with their song, "The Kill". Jared starts it on acoustic, which is amazing I love the singalong... And then midway through it switches back to its rockier form. That could work with Starlight when the guitar kicks in toward the end.

O2 2013 was fully acoustic and fully boring

In general I wouldn't mind seeing more remixes of songs.

No, is not the same version. Is worse. Less and less instruments, BHaR and TR's Starlight was amazing. T2L and Dones's Starlight is a joke.

I liked the idea of Matt doing Starlight on piano. But in saying that, it would probably be played as the only piano song and something we'd rather see in that slot is thrown by the wayside.

I like the idea in theory but it'd make the song even more boring than it already is live. I wish they'd do it like a proper rock song like it was in 06/07