The only thing I have to go off in recent memory with Trent Reznor producing is How To Destroy Angels (his wife's band) and it sounds like Nine Inch Nails, which wouldn't be a bad thing for Muse tbh.

Personally, I don't think Muse need to sound like someone else. That's when they're at their worst. And Muse's music with the sound of NIN would sound ridiculous imo.

Think Tjet's idea of Celldweller may be pretty good for that heavy electronic edge and for some extra (proggy) beef maybe have Amos and/or Acle (depending how majestic the album needs to be) from Tesseract as well.

Not very familiar with Celldweller's music but from what I've heard it sounds rather good.

Celldweller is the master of electronic rock production imo. As a songwriter he's a bit too cliché but his sounds, man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbBBRkatWdQ

For when Muse really needed that gritty, heavy production which never showed up in the finished product (Unsustainable, I'm looking at you)

Well then this is awkward.

No worries bro

What about Stuart Price

Not familiar with him but from a quick google my first reaction is: Do Muse really need to be more 80s?

Not familiar with him but from a quick google my first reaction is: Do Muse really need to be more 80s?

He's done a lot of Scissor Sisters' and Kylie Minogue's work (from the mid 2000s) as well as producing Everything Everything's record. Decent producer but wouldn't want him producing Muse latest album as it would be an album full tracks like Starlight and Mercy.

Edited by Destroya

#bringbackleckie

On a more serious note though, I'm kinda worried that working with Mutt might've put them (particularly Matt) off working with a producer again. Fingers crossed that's not the case 'cause I do think they need one.

I wouldn't say it put them off, but its a curious one. Doubt we'll see Mutt doing the next one - seemed to have an air of one-off. Does break the cycle of doing the same production cycle for pair of albums at least.

What about Stuart Price

Familiar with his work with The Killers. Not really sure its heavy enough for this to work. Maybe if Muse wanted a more dancefloor-y direction.

I hope not. Drones is universally seen as their best album since BH&R

Maybe not universally seen, but most reviews and from casuals seemed to agree with this assessment.

Fixed.

Resistance says hello.